IGNORED

Praying Over Fajitas pisses god off

doggie

I feel sorry for this guy but sticking you face so close to a sizzling pan. then not blaming god since he is in control. he should sue god.

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey appellate court says a man cannot seek damages for burns he suffered while bowing his head in prayer over a sizzling steak fajita skillet at a restaurant.

The ruling made public Wednesday upheld a lower court ruling that dismissed his lawsuit. The man claimed a waitress didn't warn him the dish was hot, but the lower court found the food posed an "open and obvious" danger.

It happened in 2010 at an Applebee's in Burlington County.

The man said he bowed his head, then heard a loud sizzle followed by a grease pop. He then felt a burning sensation in his left eye and on his face.

The man said he panicked and knocked the food on his lap, causing more burns. The burns didn't cause scarring.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw this on fb last night and read it to the fiance. i could barely read as i was laughing so hard. what a fucking idiot. seriously, how fucking close was he that he got that grease splattered on him?? he couldn't just push it away? (the sizzling plates come with wood around it, to prevent burns) dahh. such a lack of logic.

he should consider himself lucky that he didn't scar and leave it at that.

I guess God didn't want him to eat fajitas that day. Gotta love it when a sign from the heavens comes up and hits you in the face.

Stupid actions will force the laws of physics to be a dick to you. There. I fixed it for him.

i saw this on fb last night and read it to the fiance. i could barely read as i was laughing so hard. what a fucking idiot. seriously, how fucking close was he that he got that grease splattered on him?? he couldn't just push it away? (the sizzling plates come with wood around it, to prevent burns) dahh. such a lack of logic.

he should consider himself lucky that he didn't scar and leave it at that.

Thanks for that. I felt terrible for laughing and am glad to see I wasn't alone. Burns are nothing to joke about, and I know how easy it to get kitchen burns, no matter how careful you are. But geez, purposely doing something stupid then suing because you got burned?

Whether or not the waitress warned him is debateable since I wasn't there. But didn't the sizzling noises and smoke give him a clue that it was hot? Or did he think the smoke was the Holy Spirit manifesting itself? And is there a certain range in which prayers must be said to ensure that food is properly blessed?

Thanks for that. I felt terrible for laughing and am glad to see I wasn't alone. Burns are nothing to joke about, and I know how easy it to get kitchen burns, no matter how careful you are. But geez, purposely doing something stupid then suing because you got burned?

Whether or not the waitress warned him is debateable since I wasn't there. But didn't the sizzling noises and smoke give him a clue that it was hot? Or did he think the smoke was the Holy Spirit manifesting itself? And is there a certain range in which prayers must be said to ensure that food is properly blessed?

that is a very good question :lol: the important things that theologians need to debate!

Luke 11:5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, (Or in the applebees) that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I guess he didn't like his reward....... :pray:

You know, I have a friend who came into my work one day. Very devout Christian. I brought them their food and went back to get their coke. They were praying over their food when I came back.... with the pizza box closed.... and they were not being loud and rude about it. They prayed quietly before eating, then opened the hot pizza box before eating it.

I guess this guy was just an idiot

I have a friend whose husband prays - out loud - in coffee shops before taking his first sip. Of course, not in Starbucks, though.

Couldn't he have just sort of prayed in the direction of the hot fajitas? One of the things I've gathered over the years is that God is smart and will get the general idea of what you're doing. It's not necessary to put your eyeballs within spitting distance of hot grease in order to thank Him.

Now I want some fajitas. I wish god liked me or fajitas enough to give some unto me.

It's not necessary to put your eyeballs within spitting distance of hot grease in order to thank Him.

But it's so hardcore to take your eyeballs out and fry them in a skillet while saying thanks to god. God will totally think you're metal.

Punishment for defiling tortillas. They should only be used for bean burritos.

Punishment for defiling tortillas. They should only be used for bean burritos.

the almighty stevehovah knows all.

I feel for the guy JUST a tinge...A hot oil/sauce bubble popping into one's face can't be fun.

But -- the dish was called SIZZLING FAJITAS, correct? Sizzling = very hot. So, nope.

Never put your head towards the hot unless you intend on using a flat iron, blow dryer, or curling iron.

On my flat iron, there is a huge tag, with a picture of an eyeball on it with a big 'NO' symbol through it. I can only hope that was done with an abundance of caution and not because someone actually tried to flat iron their eyelashes...... :?

Nah. God thinks he should have ordered the buffalo wings.

:lol:

Archived