IGNORED

Pastor throws a fit & insults congregation from the pulpit

Rachel333

Two years old, but I just saw it and don't recall it being here.

He's doing this all in love, of course. If he didn't love those people he wouldn't tell them how worthless they are. Watch until 4:10 to hear him rebuking a young man for "establishing [his] own kingdom in the VIDEO ROOM!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13gtXqwRqk

According to this Christian Post article, Standridge insists his message was loving, and some of their commenters actually commend Standridge for his message.

Part funny and part WTF. Me thinks there is more than water in the bottle preacher man was drinking? I would have waled right out the door. What a jackass!

If that's how he shows love, I'd hate to see his behavior when he is showing anger or hate! :shock:

Petty shit, Pastor -- totally petty.

Based on the title, I assumed this thread would be about PP.

It really says something when a thread title says, "Pastor throws fit" and it could refer to any number of people.

What kind of a crowd does follow these little man-babies? They are an embarrassment to their congregation. Is this the kind of confidence and wisdom that god grants you? :hand:

What kind of a crowd does follow these little man-babies? They are an embarrassment to their congregation. Is this the kind of confidence and wisdom that god grants you? :hand:

I couldn't help but think of the context that might have caused that young man to nod off during the sermon. Maybe he was up all night with a wailing baby, maybe he was up with a sick kiddo, maybe he was sick himself, maybe he works two jobs during the week so that he can support his children and tithe to the church, maybe his car broke down and he walked to church anyway...

It's pretty sad when a stranger on the internet has more compassion for you than your pastor. :cry:

I just watched this. That man is an abuser. I cannot believe anyone can justify that behavior.

I couldn't help but think of the context that might have caused that young man to nod off during the sermon. Maybe he was up all night with a wailing baby, maybe he was up with a sick kiddo, maybe he was sick himself, maybe he works two jobs during the week so that he can support his children and tithe to the church, maybe his car broke down and he walked to church anyway...

Maybe he wasn't dozing, but had his head down and eyes closed out of embarrassment at having an asshole as a pastor, or because he was raised by yelling, shaming parents and the pastor's BS was triggering for him. Maybe he was in silent prayer, begging God to shut the pastor up.

Maybe he wasn't dozing, but had his head down and eyes closed out of embarrassment at having an asshole as a pastor, or because he was raised by yelling, shaming parents and the pastor's BS was triggering for him. Maybe he was in silent prayer, begging God to shut the pastor up.

This pastor needs to learn the fine art of "concern trolling." Ignore the closed eyes/nodding head when it happens. After the service, take the nodder off to the side and put your arm around him and ask him sincerely if he's doing okay. If he's not, minister to him. If he tells you he's fine, tell him you're worried about him since you saw him nodding off during the service. Trust me, the nodder will feel like crapola and it won't happen again. Bonus points that it isn't a loud, public shaming that makes you look like a total asshat.

"I'm important. I'm somebody."

I really wished someone would have called him out with the same "love" he used to about his lack of humility.

Why. Do people. Go back. For more?

Cowed by authority? They think they deserve the abuse?

I thought it was going to be the Peeps, too.

UGH! I hate the manipulation in this type of sermon - where the pastor says, "You won't get THIS in any other church," meaning he (and I suppose there are the occasional "she's" out there, too) alone has the truth and you c an say any abusive thing you want as long as you tell people you love them. It doesn't matter that it's not physical or sexual abuse - it's abuse hidden in the language of "I love you."

Sounds like someone beating the shit out of their kid and telling them it's because they love them so much.

I thought it was going to be the Peeps, too.

UGH! I hate the manipulation in this type of sermon - where the pastor says, "You won't get THIS in any other church," meaning he (and I suppose there are the occasional "she's" out there, too) alone has the truth and you c an say any abusive thing you want as long as you tell people you love them. It doesn't matter that it's not physical or sexual abuse - it's abuse hidden in the language of "I love you."

Sounds like someone beating the shit out of their kid and telling them it's because they love them so much.

Because

I love you as much as I hate other races

religions and sexual orientations

I love you as much as I love Jesus Christ

Who was brutally murdered by money-loving kikes

I love you

That's why I kicked you in the face

- Jon Lajoie: Mel Gibson's love song

Hopefully, this exposure will get the pastor removed from the church.

I remember I used to work weekends at IHOP a few years ago. The shifts were overnight and I wouldn't get off til 5 am. Saturday morning, I would walk up to Dollar General and sit in my friends car until about seven when she would drop the bank and drive me home.

Sunday morning, I walked to church (right up the road) and waited an hour for someone to show up. The first day I did that, I fell asleep in front of he.entrance and the person that found me was REALLY worried. I mean, it makes sense, if you found a 23 year old passed out in front of a.church, that probably looks worrying, especially because they knew me. Well, they opened up the Sunday School room and let me sleep on the couch in the back. I'm fairly certain I dozed off in service a.few times but the pastor never said anything, probably because after that first night, the people who found me told him what happened.

Another time.I went to a Unity church and fell asleep in service (I was in the front row!) I apologized to the pastor and she said it was okay, I probably needed it. She doesn't fuss when people sleep in church ha

Oh, that video brings back memories. The pastor at the FWB-turned-nondenom church I belonged to was even worse. Something set him off in almost every service.

Thinking somone was asleep (though how anyone ever managed that with his loud mouth I'll never know), people with their heads down & not looking directly at him, etc. When I was president of the Ladie's Auxullary we sold serom note pads. He told us we could never do that again because note-taking was a distraction.

Two specific stories:

One Sunday he went ballistic & went on a rant in the middle of the service, screaming & yelling at someone to look directy at him, pay attention & stop making faces. This went on for at least twenty minutes before he finally gave up & stomped off the stage & out the back door. Turns out the man he was so angry at was a first-time visitor, a severely mentally challenged man who was also deaf. He had no idea he was being screamed at, and he had facial tics and muscle spasms. The pastor never apologized to the man or his family, and they never came back.

Another Sunday a woman came in the sanctuary, whispered to a churchmember, & the whole family got up & rushed out. The pastor yelled at the woman asking why she was disrupting his service & why she came in the church wearing pants - bear in mind he'd never seen her before. She yelled back that she was related to the family & came to tell them a close relative had been in a horrible wreck. (The man died a few hours later.) The pastor yelled that she should have waited until after the service to tell them. She turned her back on him & left shaking her head.

Don't ask me why we all sat there & took that kind of abuse from that crazy bastard, & even praised him for his "hard preaching." I'd never heard of spiritual abuse.

Archived