IGNORED

What's it like living in Tontitown/Springdale

Nic

This topic was actually the reason I decided to stop lurking and make an account, but I didn't have anywhere to post my (admittedly kinda boring) info until now. One of my friends from college moved in with her parents, who had relocated to NW Arkansas from the East Coast. She knew I was unreasonably interested in the Duggars (especially because I'm a leftist and should know better) and told me she went out on a date with one of the cameramen! I freaked out and asked her tons of info, but the only thing he told her was that Jessa was "totally a bitch". She didn't like the fact that he called a woman that, and they went on only one more date. The area as a whole though, especially Fayetteville, sounds really beautiful and kind of liberal in some areas. She hasn't had a lot of trouble finding like-minded people, but she lives in an actual town, whereas the Duggars live pretty far out.

Yeah, that's not very shocking. She seems just like a very unlikeable person overall(based on her Instagram posts and highly edited tv show). The cameraman should whisk Jana away and introduce her to some stylish yoga pants! Assuming he's around her age lol.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And see, I've heard an identical story, only it was Josh at the strip club in DC when he was living there with Anna and the M'kids.

Wonder which version is true, if any? :think:

Both? Maybe together to spend some father-son time. :cracking-up:

I remember an episode where Jana was going over to help Jill cook and she drove there by herself..

and Jinger drove over to drop off the little kids at Jills and then drove back the next day to pick them up.

And see, I've heard an identical story, only it was Josh at the strip club in DC when he was living there with Anna and the M'kids.

I couldn't imagine Smug going to the strippers... but you never know what goes on behind closed doors!

I've definitely heard about Josh going to strip clubs in Fayetteville from multiple people who live there (this was probably 5 years ago, so it's an old rumor), but apparently it was an open secret and everyone knew. I have friends who claim to have seen him there first hand. Never heard anything about JB, though.

I'm not from NWA but my parents live in Ozarka now and they accidentally crashed Jessa's wedding in November - they got turned around trying to leave town and ended up in the church parking lot. They said there were TONS of police and canines and everything. The Duggars are SOOOO modest :roll:

I've definitely heard about Josh going to strip clubs in Fayetteville from multiple people who live there (this was probably 5 years ago, so it's an old rumor), but apparently it was an open secret and everyone knew. I have friends who claim to have seen him there first hand. Never heard anything about JB, though.

I am sure jimbob is smart enough to wear a hoody. I can see the need for a strip club when your only sex is a woman that will spread her legs at a snap of your fingers and enjoys it as much as changing a diaper.

• 4 weeks later...
Grace Branham, who attended Jill Duggar's wedding to Derick Dillard, tells PEOPLE, "I've known the family for years. They try to do the right thing."

Grace, be careful what you say in a national publication. You might cause people to think that you, too, think it's appropriate to wait years before reporting incestuous molestation.

I am so done with people being polite about how much the Duggars should be exposed. It makes me sad but, the fairy tail is over. If this stuff is true, you should encourage your friends to share it with the media. I for one want to know what being a Duggar is really all about.

I have to say, I have cruised the area on Google maps. I noticed a lot of little tiny areas of water. Are they small ponds everywhere? Also, there's not a whole lot going on, just a few restaurants in Tontitown, no bars, etc.

My daughter and I were in NWA last Spring to look at the University of Arkansas. We drove from Fayetteville through Fort Smith to Logan County. The Ozarks are so pretty in Spring. It was raining cats and dogs on Palm Sunday, 2014 when I made this drive - there were small ponds everywhere because of the downpour. What really caught my eye was the natural beauty - flowers, flowers, flowers.

Here's a funny story for anyone interested:

I finally made it to my mother's cousin's house in Logan County (I somehow got lost in a small town in Oklahoma for a bit) and got a chance to ask questions about the place my mom considered home even though she didn't live there much after college. My mom told me that Logan County never got rid of prohibition, and I wanted to know if that is still true. My mom died in 2001, so the laws could have changed. My mom's cousin told me that yes, indeed, Logan County is still dry. The next county over is wet, though. She explained that the county line isn't drawn straight, and the neighboring county has a finger-like protrusion (I'm not explaining this well, sorry!) towards Logan County. There is a liquor store right at the tip. She quipped that they do a very good business. I said, "I imagine they do!" The good people of Logan County don't have an evil liquor store, and the neighboring county gets the extra cash that people are willing to cross the county line to spend. Everyone wins!

I want to clarify that I'm not making fun of anyone there. I loved my mom more than anything, and Logan County was her home. Her cousin is hilarious. I posted all of this because people were asking what it's like there, so I added my 2 cents. :D

Way back when.. there used to actually be a road between Springdale and Fayetteville that was like a highway between two cities. In one particular section of that highway there was a cluster of little souvenier shops that sold mostly little items made out of cedar, and baskets. Hundreds of baskets. My great-grandparents owned one of those little shops, and my great-uncle owned a little restaurant next door. I used to love going there; all the little cedar things made the shop smell SO good, and my uncle was an incredible cook. That section of the highway was called "Basket Town" by the locals.

Archived