IGNORED

Sara Smith (Chris Maxwell's ex) is pregnant!

WonderingInWA

Married in November, and just announced. Not surprising, since I think she's 33ish so already racing toward her 40s. I'm happy for her. I think she's waited to be a wife and mother for a long, long time. Thank God this isn't a Maxwell announcement!

Where was it announced

No surprise. It's what she's made no secret of desperately wanted. I wish I could say I'm happy for her, but she is still fundie and follows the same fundies most snarked on here - her FB friends list reads like all other fundies. Another poor kid born into a restrictive life.

Oh this is lovely news! See Steve, people go on to have happy lives BLESSED by God even after dealing with your family.

Fundiefan, I found her new blog here:

wowedwithwonder.wordpress.com/

I went back and read the post on her old blog about the breakup with Chris. She seems like a really sweet and optimistic woman- I'm sad that she had to go through emotional turmoil and psychological manipulation at the hands of the Maxwell clan. But I'm sure everyone would agree with me that she's much better off not marrying into the Maxwell family.

She seems happy now. I hope and pray her new husband treats her well!

she's only 33? she needs to take more flattering photos instead of those dark ones that make her look kind of tired. And...

honestly that pic of her with their dog looks like she threw some things out of the "baby someday" hopechest onto a shelf. :lol: Including a library book (maybe?) on display for the photo?

Congrats to them -- maybe she's just not good at setting up photos. Their family looks WAY more normal than the Maxwells in the Christmas post, even though her dad resembles Steve. And their wedding was lovely. Her wedding dress was beautiful.

Oh, wow... yeah, I hate to say it, but she does look a lot older than 33, in all of her pictures. She kind of looks like a time traveller from 1994, though, so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, I hope she knows how lucky she is that she didn't get stuck with the Maxwells.

I went back and read the post on her old blog about the breakup with Chris. She seems like a really sweet and optimistic woman- I'm sad that she had to go through emotional turmoil and psychological manipulation at the hands of the Maxwell clan. But I'm sure everyone would agree with me that she's much better off not marrying into the Maxwell family.

I am pretty sure that post is about her second failed engagement not the maxwell one

I am pretty sure that post is about her second failed engagement not the maxwell one

Oh is it? I didn't realize that she had two failed engagements. I totally misread the context. Well either way I'm both sorry that those failed but glad she didn't end up a Maxwell and seems to be very happy! Thanks for clarifying.

I think that's happy news. You can follow her on instagram @saranicoleabshner

I have followed her for a while, I almost want to message her, but that might seem creepy :P

I have followed her for a while, I almost want to message her, but that might seem creepy :P

She might not mind. She may very well know we are here.

Not half as creepy as any remark on her happiness from the Maxwells, so I say go ahead.

Married in November, and just announced. Not surprising, since I think she's 33ish so already racing toward her 40s. I'm happy for her. I think she's waited to be a wife and mother for a long, long time. Thank God this isn't a Maxwell announcement!

When did 33-ish translate to racing toward one's forties? :?

When did 33-ish translate to racing toward one's forties? :?

As a fellow 33-isher, I don't think that it's meant to imply that women my age are basically 40. WonderingInWA was possibly referring to Fundie Standard Fertility Time, which states that any woman past the age of 30 is at least halfway through her fertile years, and should keep that in mind when offered the opportunity to submit to some sweet, sweet fellowship. After all, when the reaper comes for your uterus, you are technically no longer a contributing member of Fundie Society.

Sara's blog makes it clear that she has been earnestly waiting for this season of life to begin for at least 15 years. She's enjoying the very first moments of her very first pregnancy. Yet, in FundieLand, she would have had at least 5 children by now. I suspect that she feels she has to make up for lost time.

Ugh, I was due August 2015 before the miscarriage. I swear I keep seeing that date everywhere. Carry on...sorry.

As a fellow 33-isher, I don't think that it's meant to imply that women my age are basically 40. WonderingInWA was possibly referring to Fundie Standard Fertility Time, which states that any woman past the age of 30 is at least halfway through her fertile years, and should keep that in mind when offered the opportunity to submit to some sweet, sweet fellowship. After all, when the reaper comes for your uterus, you are technically no longer a contributing member of Fundie Society.

Sara's blog makes it clear that she has been earnestly waiting for this season of life to begin for at least 15 years. She's enjoying the very first moments of her very first pregnancy. Yet, in FundieLand, she would have had at least 5 children by now. I suspect that she feels she has to make up for lost time.

Indeed, FSFT! LOL. And yes, I was referring to what the fundies consider sliding into their 40s at 33 because of exactly that. Heck, I didn't have my own first baby until I was 34 and second at 37 (but could have potentially been pumping out children since I was 15!). Thirty-three in Fundie-speak is approaching "out to pasture".

The Maxwells can say whatever they want about Sara, but at least she was successful in finding a mate (more than the Maxwell girls can say). It also seems like she is very happy and content (again, more than the Maxwell girls can say). Sorry Steve, but you lose this round.

• 3 weeks later...

Newest blog update says she is due in August, so probably a honeymoon baby. Nothing says "welcome to having married sex" like getting pregnant right away and feeling sick for 3 months (which she said she did). Gotta get those babies pumped out!

Her husband looks dumbstruck in most of their photos together. I think he's probably just shy, but the two of them look like polar opposites in terms of introvert/extrovert.

I can't believe she is only 33. When I went to the blog to check it out, in the first picture she has posted, she looks EXACTLY (to the point where I gasped lol) like my middle school Bible Study Small Group leader.

She was 53 or 54 at the time. Maybe the lifestyle ages them. Good for her though!

I can't believe she is only 33. When I went to the blog to check it out, in the first picture she has posted, she looks EXACTLY (to the point where I gasped lol) like my middle school Bible Study Small Group leader.

She was 53 or 54 at the time. Maybe the lifestyle ages them. Good for her though!

I think she's just one of those people who either doesn't photograph well or looks a little older than she is. She's unconventionally pretty, which is perfectly fine, it's just that we're so used to having women with a certain facial proportion presented to us as "the ideal," that when we look at somebody like her with the different proportions, we can't help but stop and assess.

She seems like one of those force-of-nature gals and I imagine I'd like her a lot IRL.

Is it at all possible to give me a link/ date for that post? I'm starting to get exhausted with reading her posts but I really want to read about the breakup!

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/jesus-what-a-friend-and-lover/

Found it! Was soooooooo sick of long hair and modest clothing and that Gothard idiot.

Archived