IGNORED

New Kate Plus 8

luckylassie

OMG! The last episode of Kate G is in the bag but it looks horrible! I feel for those kids. The screen showed Kate saying to someone in an R.V. "I can get on a plane and leave right now"! In the scene, a women (maybe a nanny) is seen crying saying that she loves the kids but cannot be with Kate any longer. Then, the kids are shown with Kate in front of them saying "I've asked for help but I don't get it" (something along those lines).

Oops...I think that the person making the plane remark was NOT Kate but another woman. It was hard to tell. I don't know what will happen to the kids now that the cameras are offically off (for good by the looks of it). I thought that when J and K ended the original show that the last of Kate was seen. I guess I was wrong. Maybe she'll do "Dancing With the Stars" again?

It seems to me that there is no love lost between the producers of the show and Kate judging from the editing of the previews which makes Kate look like a terrible shrew. I saw the first few episodes because the babies were cute and Kate seemed so organized but that was it.

I've stayed away from Kate Plus Eight since the original show ended. My mom would occasionally watch her just to snark on Kate but none of us were big Kate fans. The kids were cute but the charm wore off (for me) pretty quick. I became a regular reader of Kate "hate sites".

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I watched the RV episodes and she is pretty much a spaz the whole time. She doesn't have Jon to order around anymore so she just bosses her only friend around and the nanny (who always seemed really good with the kids). It's really hard to like her and the kids are cute but the whole shtick of 8 little kids and the craziness of life they used to show isn't there anymore. Glad the show is coming to an end.

I did watch Kate and kids on Sarah Palin's Alaska. I hated that she made Sara (not my favorite person) look decent.

• 2 years later...

I wonder what kind of scripted, controlling show it's gonna be tonight with the kids!!! I honestly feel for all of them!! Except Maddy!!! That child irritates my last nerve!!!!

Maddy is annoying :lol:

i judged Kate about that until my own Ms. Brattyness turned 4 and started being a whiner. *sigh* not sure how to fix it without using the rod, which is what i was raised with and i'm determined not to go that route.

Can't wait for this show either -- watched the J&K+8 reruns on Netflix last winter (up until the Alaska trip and then it was just kind of boring). Recent pics of the kids show them looking skinny and a little bit neglected, understandable with a mom who chases fame. :|

The trip to Alaska was to funny. As much as Ioath Palin, it was comical...Kate is such a bitch... :twocents-02cents:

The trip to Alaska was to funny. As much as Ioath Palin, it was comical...Kate is such a bitch... :twocents-02cents:

okay have to watch the rest now lol i didn't get to that part. Snark paradise. :lol:

okay have to watch the rest now lol i didn't get to that part. Snark paradise. :lol:

From what I could recall, Palin invited them to stay at her home and a weekend camping trip. Well we all know if you go to Alaska it's cold as fk! Kate bitched the whole time, the kids (except Maddy of course) seemed like they were trying to make due..finally Kate had them bring her back to the house. Palin was funny as hell talking about how Kate behaved!!! I may be wrong, this was years ago!!!

Did I mention how much I loath this woman? All these years she's never changed.... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

There's something incredibly unsettling about watching her. You can tell she's majorly hiding who she really is and could snap at any moment. She makes me uncomfortable just seeing her on tv, I can't imagine actually being around her.

There's something incredibly unsettling about watching her. You can tell she's majorly hiding who she really is and could snap at any moment. She makes me uncomfortable just seeing her on tv, I can't imagine actually being around her.

OMG, did you see poor Colin, when she was talking to him in the kitchen...the fear on his face spoke volumes. You can tell the poor thing is her least favorite child and Maddy :roll: is clearly her favorite!!! She had those faces at times that was just pure evil!!!

OMG, did you see poor Colin, when she was talking to him in the kitchen...the fear on his face spoke volumes. You can tell the poor thing is her least favorite child and Maddy :roll: is clearly her favorite!!! She had those faces at times that was just pure evil!!!

Oh I def got the impression that their lives with her are very much like trying to live with a bomb ticking in the corner that could blow at any second. I mean she seriously jumped all over a 13 year old girl for saying a smart ass comment during that family meeting, I can't imagine what she would of done if the girl had actually really done something wrong. Part of growing up is standing up to your parents (usually at the wrong times) and I just can't see that turning out well. She won't be able to handle it, it will be nasty.

Oh I def got the impression that their lives with her are very much like trying to live with a bomb ticking in the corner that could blow at any second. I mean she seriously jumped all over a 13 year old girl for saying a smart ass comment during that family meeting, I can't imagine what she would of done if the girl had actually really done something wrong. Part of growing up is standing up to your parents (usually at the wrong times) and I just can't see that turning out well. She won't be able to handle it, it will be nasty.

A child should never fear their parent. It makes me wonder what goes on behind closed doors and if the kids are being treated well.

The six are adorable, have really grown. I enjoyed seeing them and trying to remember who was who.

Mady is awful. And poor Cara. She has already shut down. Does her mom even remember who she is?

I didn't see the show last night, but will probably catch it later. TLC does like to recycle. I feel badly for Cara. It seemed like she was the closest with her dad and I don't think she sees him anymore.

I don't fault the kids for being bratty. Then everyone has their own definition of that. You would be the same way if you had to fight for attention over 7 other siblings, 6 who were babies and needed much attention. Add your parents forcing you to be on TV since you were like 4 interrupting what you knew of a normal life. Obviously twins were not good enough for Jon and Kate. Sound familiar? Kids mimic what they see from adults.

From what I could recall, Palin invited them to stay at her home and a weekend camping trip. Well we all know if you go to Alaska it's cold as fk! Kate bitched the whole time, the kids (except Maddy of course) seemed like they were trying to make due..finally Kate had them bring her back to the house. Palin was funny as hell talking about how Kate behaved!!! I may be wrong, this was years ago!!!

IIRC, there was a crossover episode with K+8 and which ever show Sarah Palin was doing at the time. The majority of the hilariousness came on Sarah Palin's show, but YMMV.

The trip to Alaska made no sense if you pay attention and have been to AK. They made a big deal at the beginning about how they had two weeks, then they did a couple of day trips in the Anchorage area (and even those appeared to be either filmed out of order or done in the least efficient way), and then it was over. I vaguely remember when they were here, there were the usual twitter rumors of interactions with them.

Both the Alaska trip and the skiing in Colorado trip highlighted the terribleness of Kate to me. At least in CO, she had Jon to actually interact with the kids and make it a family trip. In Alaska, she was just a terrible, annoying, human being who puts her appearance above everything else. Who cares if your kids get dirty while "panning for gold". That's why showers exist. To wash dirt off of your body.

Also it's not "cold as fk" year round.

• 4 weeks later...

I was actually very concerned watching Cara, in that show, and in the interviews they did a few months ago she seemed really, really " off" . And all of the hand wringing and looking down and being practically mute were new to her from the few episodes I have seen of the series. If she wasn't under Kate's thumb 24/7 I would think she was high, but I doubt that's what the issue is. Even accounting for 13 year old shyness and awkwardness she just seemed like something is very wrong.

I find it very hard to blame Mady for brattiness - she's lived a life with a total lack of privacy, her mother treats her, her siblings and most other people she encounters with a total lack of respect, but her mother is the person with the power and adulation in her world. I can totally see why she would mimic her.

She and Cara were thrust to the background of the family when the sextuplets came along and brought fame and fortune with them. They were expected to perform cutely on demand, but the focus was always on the little kids. A few sources say that the twins try to nurture, protect and parent the sextuplets, and that makes me respect them, even if they do have bratty moments.

I kind of respect Mady for standing up to her mother - and she's been seen on the show standing up for her siblings too. Strangely, it seems that even Kate respects her for it on some level - she's widely perceived at Kate's favourite.

These kids are going to be even more messed up than the Duggar kids inevitably will be :(

I seriously think the twins need to see a therapist. They both have their own separate issues from being raised by Kate.

• 1 month later...

I can't find it in me to dislike or be irritated by Mady. I just feel an overwhelming sense of pity for her. She was put on TV like a performing monkey when she clearly didn't seem comfortable with it while adjusting to a huge change in her life (6 siblings being born at once) and with crappy parents, particularly her mother, who is one of the nastiest women I've ever seen on TV.

Mady during the series was a girl who often acted childish because she was a child. Young children are still learning to express their emotions and deal with life, they can't be expected to be mini adults. Most kids have their moments, but fortunately, most of us were not filmed during them, or if we were, it was just for the home video collection so mom and dad could embarrass you at your 21st birthday party, not put on youtube for your classmates to find.

A lot of kids born to good parents can exhibit brattiness. Young Mady reminds me of my cousin's daughter, and my cousin is a really great parent. When she was 4, my cousin gave birth to twins while her husband was deployed and she was very stressed with a child and twins on her own. My cousin's daughter turned into a megabrat. But instead of having cameras shoved in her face and ignoring her, my cousin went to a child psychologist who was able to get to the bottom of it. By doing what therapists do, she was able to work out that my cousin's daughter felt 'replaced' by the new twins and was acting out to get her mother's attention. If she sat in her room and read quietly, her mum didn't say anything because she was just so busy. If her daughter hit one of the twins, she got yelled at. She felt like bad attention was better than no attention at all. So my cousin made a point of getting someone to babysit the twins once or twice a week and going on a one-on-one outing with her older daughter and making a point of praising her for good behaviour and it worked wonders. I've always thought Mady (at least in the early years) just wanted someone to look up from the Sextuplets for five minutes acknowledge her.

Now at almost 14, Mady is old enough to 'know better', but the problem is she is now covered from head to toe in 'Mommy Issues', has never learned how to work through her problems and feelings because her parents are too self absorbed to have actually parented her, which thrown in with the typical moody teenager hormones, and you have one pretty unpleasant girl. Plus I think Mady (and Cara too) sees right through Kate's crap and hates her, and I look forward to reading 'Mommy Undearest' by Mady and Cara Gosselin in 10 years time.

Archived