IGNORED

apurposefulwife

browncoatslytherin

so, as some of you may know, the fox news hashtag of #overit2014 was pretty much a failure. i myself even had a little fun with it (what can i say, i couldn't resist) by posting the following:

i'm over self-righteous intolerant hate-spewing bigots imposing on my rights as a pagan and a woman #OverIt2014 #overit

i'm not exactly a huge presence on twitter (it gets probably the least of my attention, out of my social media accounts) but it's been retweeted 14 times and favourited 22 times (as of this moment) so in my book, it's pretty successful.

of course, not all of the response to my tweet has been positive. i had one jerkface, entitled, white male respond with "get over it freak" so i blocked him, because ain't nobody got time for that. the first response, though, was actually so innocuous - just a simple "how?" - i almost engaged...until i took a look at her twitter.

i knew already it was going to be a christian with the handle "apurposefulwife", but reading over her twitter, it's like a rabbit hole. according to her "about me":

Former radical liberal/feminist/pagan turned #redeemed, #traditional, #Christian, #LDS wife&mom. Home schooler&birther, Master's degree in Women's Spirituality

and her tweets read as what i would almost think is satire, except i know people who think like this and i know we read and follow people who think like this.

i did a further search on her and couldn't find any other online presence (i did find a blog of the same name, but it had only one entry, no pictures, and the "about me" listed her simply as "christian" and not lds, so i suspect it is not her). i also searched here to see if there was anything about her, but "apurposefulwife" doesn't turn up anything, and searching with "wife with a purpose" (her "name" on twitter) turns up a whole bunch of stuff that makes my head hurt just thinking about going through. i don't recognize her from her profile picture, but is she familiar to anyone? that background she lists sounds almost familiar to me, but i was out of the fj loop for so long, i can't say for sure.

oh, and for those on tapatalk, here's a link: twitter.com/apurposefulwife

so, as some of you may know, the fox news hashtag of #overit2014 was pretty much a failure. i myself even had a little fun with it (what can i say, i couldn't resist) by posting the following:

i'm not exactly a huge presence on twitter (it gets probably the least of my attention, out of my social media accounts) but it's been retweeted 14 times and favourited 22 times (as of this moment) so in my book, it's pretty successful.

of course, not all of the response to my tweet has been positive. i had one jerkface, entitled, white male respond with "get over it freak" so i blocked him, because ain't nobody got time for that. the first response, though, was actually so innocuous - just a simple "how?" - i almost engaged...until i took a look at her twitter.

i knew already it was going to be a christian with the handle "apurposefulwife", but reading over her twitter, it's like a rabbit hole. according to her "about me":

and her tweets read as what i would almost think is satire, except i know people who think like this and i know we read and follow people who think like this.

i did a further search on her and couldn't find any other online presence (i did find a blog of the same name, but it had only one entry, no pictures, and the "about me" listed her simply as "christian" and not lds, so i suspect it is not her). i also searched here to see if there was anything about her, but "apurposefulwife" doesn't turn up anything, and searching with "wife with a purpose" (her "name" on twitter) turns up a whole bunch of stuff that makes my head hurt just thinking about going through. i don't recognize her from her profile picture, but is she familiar to anyone? that background she lists sounds almost familiar to me, but i was out of the fj loop for so long, i can't say for sure.

oh, and for those on tapatalk, here's a link: twitter.com/apurposefulwife

Is there such a thing as a Master's Degree in Women's Spirituality or is she making that up? And I mean an actual degree from a real accredited college. Not some basement "school" or a degree she bestowed upon herself after reading her bible for six minutes one afternoon.

i have no idea lol that was one of my thoughts, too, but i have so many thoughts and questions and reactions to her feed, i barely even know where to start.

I am at work right now (obviously not getting a lot done), otherwise I would take a look.

And this is why I should not play on FJ during work hours. There are waaaayyyyy too many rabbit holes down which to fall and never return.

I am at work right now (obviously not getting a lot done), otherwise I would take a look.

And this is why I should not play on FJ during work hours. There are waaaayyyyy too many rabbit holes down which to fall and never return.

lol i'm at work, too. but my computer program that generates records likes to take it's sweet-ass time most of the time, along with other programs that like to suddenly grind to a halt here and there, so i read and post during that "down time" :P plus during breaks and lunch, cuz most days i just don't feel like hiking down to the cafeteria.

this one, though, this is one where i'm going to have to really dedicate some time to. from the feel of her, it almost feels like this isn't the only web presence she's ever had, and her little back story in the "about me" almost seems familiar, although i could very well be confusing her with someone else.

lol i'm at work, too. but my computer program that generates records likes to take it's sweet-ass time most of the time, along with other programs that like to suddenly grind to a halt here and there, so i read and post during that "down time" :P plus during breaks and lunch, cuz most days i just don't feel like hiking down to the cafeteria.

this one, though, this is one where i'm going to have to really dedicate some time to. from the feel of her, it almost feels like this isn't the only web presence she's ever had, and her little back story in the "about me" almost seems familiar, although i could very well be confusing her with someone else.

Well, downtime was created to read FJ.

I swear, these Fundies just blur together - they are so much alike. None of them have ever had an independent thought. It frightens me really - every once in a while I catch a terrifying glimpse of what I might have become had I stayed in Fundydom.

Archived