IGNORED

Are there other gamers here?

mebeforee

I LOVE Civilization. Played the Hell out of 1, 2, 2: Test of Time (I think this one is honestly my favorite), and IV. I don't think I played III, and I haven't played V yet.

I LOVED Test of Time for the fantasy and sci-fi mods. Those were fun.

Now I feel like rolling out Civilization again. :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking for people to play a game with on Civ 5. Some of the expansion packs are pretty good. Did you play the mod for IV that let you build giant Gundams?

43 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

I've been looking for people to play a game with on Civ 5. Some of the expansion packs are pretty good. Did you play the mod for IV that let you build giant Gundams?

I did not. :/ That sounds cool, though! I may have Civ 5 around here somewhere and just don't have it installed. I honestly can't remember if i bought it or not.

I LOVED Civ III, IV was OK once I figured it out, and V is alright. I think I've got a few hundred hours logged on each version so maybe I think they are more than OK. But I still think III was the best. 

OK, I was wrong. I played the Hell out of 1-*3*, and haven't yet played IV or V at all. And I have none installed on my computer currently, so will have to rectify that.

I've been in a videya game slump lately and have been getting bored of what I've been playing.

so due to my new little, i haven't been playing as regularly as i used to, but i did get the other two dlc's for skyrim (and am totally enjoying the hell out of being a vampire lord), and my fiance sprung for oblivion and i've been dabbling in that as well.

Anyone here into RTS like Civilization?

Gasp! Heretic! Civilization is turn-based, not RTS! :P

I've been trying FreeCiv lately, which is an indie open-source version with lots of multiplayer options - rather nice.

1 hour ago, browncoatslytherin said:

so due to my new little, i haven't been playing as regularly as i used to, but i did get the other two dlc's for skyrim (and am totally enjoying the hell out of being a vampire lord), and my fiance sprung for oblivion and i've been dabbling in that as well.

Oh holy cow...I have to get this.

Vampire lord! Do these DLCs have a name I need to know to track them down?

This may give me the impetus to forget about completing Oblivion and pull the trigger already on Skyrim, LOL! I've already set a precedent by skipping Morrowind completely and jumping straight from Daggerfall to Oblivion, so I might as well jump ahead again.

Oh holy cow...I have to get this.

Vampire lord! Do these DLCs have a name I need to know to track them down?

This may give me the impetus to forget about completing Oblivion and pull the trigger already on Skyrim, LOL! I've already set a precedent by skipping Morrowind completely and jumping straight from Daggerfall to Oblivion, so I might as well jump ahead again.

the dlc's for skyrim are hearthfire (can build a house and adopt kids), dawnguard (humans vs. vampires questline, plus a bunch of other quest-y stuff and new armor sets) and dragonborn (extra location of the island of solstheim, complete with questline and misc quests and more new armor sets!). if you get either the game of the year edition or legendary edition (or maybe both?) you get all the dlc's with it.

The vampire DLC for Skyrim looks pretty cool :D

7 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

the dlc's for skyrim are hearthfire (can build a house and adopt kids), dawnguard (humans vs. vampires questline, plus a bunch of other quest-y stuff and new armor sets) and dragonborn (extra location of the island of solstheim, complete with questline and misc quests and more new armor sets!). if you get either the game of the year edition or legendary edition (or maybe both?) you get all the dlc's with it.

:dance::dance::dance:

I just checked my Steam library, and apparently I have all of these already and didn't even know it. It looks like starting a Skyrim game is in the near furture for me. Thanks for the info!

ETA: I always liked playing a vampire in Daggerfall, but that was way back in the stone ages, so I'm sure the Skyrim version is considerably amped up.

27 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

It's annoying as ... something! I wish I could uninstall just that expansion. Instead it's one of the first quest lines I do, just so I can stop being attacked by vampires and given a disease all the time. Plus they killed my companion and that's just not cool. Uthgerd was a wonderful follower! 

Just now, Maggie Mae said:

It's annoying as ... something! I wish I could uninstall just that expansion. Instead it's one of the first quest lines I do, just so I can stop being attacked by vampires and given a disease all the time. Plus they killed my companion and that's just not cool. Uthgerd was a wonderful follower! 

Oh, dang. OK...maybe I should give it a whirl first without that expansion and then add on later.

7 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I hate it when followers die. I found Meeko on my first playthrough and thought "cool a dog!" then a frostbite spider killed him. I dunno why but I was actually really sad that the computer animated dog was dead :(

34 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Most games on Steam let you select only the DLCs that you want via a checkbox... This game lacks that?

Just now, THERetroGamerNY said:

Most games on Steam let you select only the DLCs that you want via a checkbox... This game lacks that?

Oh I don't know. I don't have the expansions on Steam, just on Xbox360. 

47 minutes ago, unsafetydancer said:

I hate it when followers die. I found Meeko on my first playthrough and thought "cool a dog!" then a frostbite spider killed him. I dunno why but I was actually really sad that the computer animated dog was dead :(

It is sad. You get attached to NPCs and followers sometimes.

This reminds me of when my daughter was about 8 or so and I was playing this game for the Wii called Little King's Story. You get followers that fight for you, but it's more cutesy Japanimation type stuff (than with the Elder Scrolls), so I thought at her age she could handle watching me play.

My daughter kept telling me to not send out this one little red-haired girl to fight, but I *really needed her* for whatever particular skill she had, and...she died.

My daughter flipped out, cried, was distraught, and for several days afterwards, it was, "But you killed that little red-haired girl. Why did you let that little red-haired girl die?" :doh:

And that was when we decided she wasn't mature enough to play or even watch games like that, and went for Sonic and similar titles for several more years. :pb_lol:

ETA: Thanks, @THERetroGamerNY. Skyrim is already installed on my computer, but I don't know if the DLC is also installed. I'll have to check on that.

8 hours ago, unsafetydancer said:

I remember enjoying it, but never actually finished the questline.  Wow, that was years ago!

I did finish my first playthrough of the main game though.  I was a male Breton mage, particularly destruction magic.  Then my next character was a female khajiit unarmed melee fighter who I decided didn't trust any magic.  And then she became a vampire lord, lol.

can't you prevent that by getting lycanthropy? you wouldn't need to take wolf form but it would at least prevent you from contracting it, i would think, since you can't be a werewolf and a vampire at the same time (sad face).

and i will admit, i've reverted to older saves, sometimes even losing hours of work, just so i can bring my follower back from the dead (this is where a pc would be sooooo helpful!). i can't help it! i love erik, but his adventurous ass always likes to get in over his head.

I hate it when followers die. I found Meeko on my first playthrough and thought "cool a dog!" then a frostbite spider killed him. I dunno why but I was actually really sad that the computer animated dog was dead [emoji20]

i read an epic story about how this person adopted meeko and then went on this long, rambling, self-imposed questline to build a house and adopt a child so the child could take meeko on as a pet so meeko would stay home. it was gloriously funny.

11 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

i read an epic story about how this person adopted meeko and then went on this long, rambling, self-imposed questline to build a house and adopt a child so the child could take meeko on as a pet so meeko would stay home. it was gloriously funny.

I should totally do that.

On May 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM, EyeQueue said:

:dance::dance::dance:

I just checked my Steam library, and apparently I have all of these already and didn't even know it. It looks like starting a Skyrim game is in the near furture for me. Thanks for the info!

ETA: I always liked playing a vampire in Daggerfall, but that was way back in the stone ages, so I'm sure the Skyrim version is considerably amped up.

Back up the esn or whatever that file is.  They accidentally let everyone download the expansion and then quietly removed access, so if you didn't buy it if you uninstall and reinstall you might not be able to download it again. 

55 minutes ago, Petrel said:

Back up the esn or whatever that file is.  They accidentally let everyone download the expansion and then quietly removed access, so if you didn't buy it if you uninstall and reinstall you might not be able to download it again. 

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check on this. I'll probably make a Skyrim character over the weekend when I have a bigger block of time to devote to it.

I'm having a nice Civ IV session this afternoon. I just reinstalled that and Civ V (which I've never played), so I may give that one a whirl a bit later this evening.

55 minutes ago, Petrel said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check on this. I'll probably make a Skyrim character over the weekend when I have a bigger block of time to devote to it.

I'm having a nice Civ IV session this afternoon. I just reinstalled that and Civ V (which I've never played), so I may give that one a whirl a bit later this evening.

Wow. That was hilarious.

But, it's also indicative of a super serious level of RPing that I wasn't aware was possible in Skyrim. :pb_lol:

i've found that skyrim as an rpg is whatever you want it to be. it can be a totally not serious casual game or the most sooper serial rpg ever. especially if you have the pc version. ALL the mods!

Archived