IGNORED

Christians protest football

jerkit

rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/04/conservative-christians-plan-protest-boycott-of-dallas-cowboys-over-michael-sam-signing/

Because if Michael Sam is allowed to play football, he will butt rape an unsuspecting teammate on national television.

There are so many reasons one could protest football (concussions being downplayed/ignored, domestic violence policy, idiots being turned into heroes because they can throw, catch or tackle, the way it supersedes academics and the needs of actual students on the highest levels in college, and much, much more). Michael Sam or the sexuality of any other player is never going to make the list with me.

A few weeks ago, I heard a local sports radio show discussing Michael Sam. The only reason I didn't scream and bang my head on a wall was because I was driving at the time. Basically, the two morons hosting the show oh-so-generously declared that they didn't care if Sam is gay as long as it wasn't thrown in their faces. Because it is all about the football and they don't need to see his boyfriend or hear about his personal life. Okay, then. We can go with that. But that means we NEVER have to hear about Gisele or any other celebrity NFL wife again and we NEVER have to see shots of college players' girlfriends in the stands again (no matter how "hot" the broadcasters think they are) and we NEVER have to see on-air proposals by players again. Somehow, I think that isn't what they meant, considering I stopped following this show's FB page because of the photos of "hot" wives/ girlfriends of various athletes featured twice a week and other such garbage.

The sports world has an overflow of misogyny and double standards. :angry-banghead:

If gay athletes are allowed to play alongside straight teammates, then the straight athletes will start living in ways that contradict biblical teachings.

Just wait, soon we will hear of players committing adultery, divorcing their spouses and remarrying, stealing, wearing garments made of mixed fibers, eating shellfish, getting tattoos, etc.... The only way to save our straight athletes is to ostracize the gay athletes so that they cannot lead straight athletes into sinful behavior. :wink-kitty:

rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/04/conservative-christians-plan-protest-boycott-of-dallas-cowboys-over-michael-sam-signing/

Because if Michael Sam is allowed to play football, he will butt rape an unsuspecting teammate on national television.

Good grief. The church I grew up in eschewed football because of potential head injuries and that's what I was wondering about here when I clicked on the post. So they're upset at Michael Sam being in the locker room? Football players have been walking around butt naked in locker rooms since the sport was invented and NOW they're concerned? :cray-cray:

Good grief. The church I grew up in eschewed football because of potential head injuries and that's what I was wondering about here when I clicked on the post. So they're upset at Michael Sam being in the locker room? Football players have been walking around butt naked in locker rooms since the sport was invented and NOW they're concerned? :cray-cray:

Exactly. This just shows how plain stupid this people are. There were and are closeted gays in about every sport. That's a fact. And players still don't mind showering with each other. But mind you, if someone decides to come out, then he is surely bound to molest everyone else in the locker room. If anything, coming out puts so much spotlight and pressure on a player, that he won't be able to get away with anything.

They should fear those who claim to be oh so godly and then go around molesting people (like Gothard, Phillips and some clergy members of various churches like the Catholic for example).

Not people who didn't do anything but were brave enough not to hide in the closet anymore.

Every U of AL player could come out as gay, and I'd still yell ROLL TIDE!!! So fuck these so called Christians who are homophobic!

The NFL has badasses like Johnny (I love a good party) Manziel, Darren (knock up every women I sleep with) McFadden, and Michael (I abuse dogs) Vick and they are worried about Michael Sam? Also where is the outrage over Cowboy Josh Brent who actually killed a teammate?

Archived