IGNORED

Mary Maxwell turns 18!

16strong

blog.titus2.com/2014/08/21/happy-18th-birthday-mary/#respond

Happy birthday, Mary! Don't expect a courtship. 2 animal crackers might be doable, though.

:hb2::occasion-gift:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary will never run. She "loves" her Daddy to much. :roll:

Happy birthday, Mary. Enjoy your hike. You can finish your Senior year of HS and finally graduate. Your parents now have 6 unmarried adult children living at home. Don't get your hopes up to high about marriage, cause Daddy will never let you go.

Mary, you still have a chance if you run now! You are pretty and you, along with your brother John, seem to possess just a little bit of spunk. Go get lost in the woods in Colorado while you have the chance. God will forgive you.

Wouldn't it be awesome if all the other 'kids' had a pact that they would wait till Mary turned 18 then all walk out together! And they could do it in Colorado. You know they have most of their clothes and worldly possessions with them anyway. Maybe they'll all go on a spontaneous 'hike' together when mom and dad are not looking.

Wouldn't it be awesome if all the other 'kids' had a pact that they would wait till Mary turned 18 then all walk out together! And they could do it in Colorado. You know they have most of their clothes and worldly possessions with them anyway. Maybe they'll all go on a spontaneous 'hike' together when mom and dad are not looking.

Wouldn't that be nice!

Is it just me or did that post seem like a marriage advertisement? The (oft quoted) virtuous woman quote at the end is what made me think so.

Wow, the officially have no actual children living at home. Just "children".

Mary, I hope you have a chance to go out and experience more of the world than what you have.

Mary is 18? How time flies.

Are they going to make her wait to graduate for another year so that Teri can claim 30 years of Homeschooling?

Poor Mary. Jesse got to graduate at 17.5. She's finished outlining the Bible so she deserves her diploma, stuffed penguin :wink-penguin: , and a dinner of her choosing.

I keep thinking that sending well wishes to the adult children that include a link to The Woman's Bible by Elizabeth Cady Stanton would be interesting.

It is, after all, a very old book. It is the Bible and a study guide to it.

Even if they were told by a father that it was unacceptable, maybe if they read some of the commentary they would learn that not everyone interprets the Bible the same, and that is true throughout history.

I know it is a pipe dream. But maybe it could be my MInistry... sending Bibles to the churched.

boy, what a way to spend yor birthday, in one of those death marches

But...but...climbing 14ers is what they do on "what some might call a vacation" every year, along with doing the same things they do on "what some might call a vacation." Can't change things up...no, no, that's not allowed in Maxhell, even on one's birthday. Must be same thing, every day, every year.

While I would like to hike a 14er as a personal goal, I certainly wouldn't be trudging up there in skirts. I cringe seeing the women wearing long skirts on those hikes and having to scramble over boulders, which are enough of a tripping hazard.

Mary will never run. She was born into this. I can't see her leaving. She loves her daddy. Most 18YO are seniors in high school or ready to go to college. Mary has learned nothing during the past 18 years of her life. Maybe daddy will marry her off before or after Anna

That would be my dream come true!

That would be my dream come true!

Maybe on a day when Teri's back is bothering her, it's their anniversary, so Steve stays with her. The kids decide to continue the hike planned for the day, drive to some 14er trailhead and oops, they turn left instead of right and oops, they are on the main highway and oops, somehow conveniently get lost and oops, decide to keep on going and ...

So how will this birthday be different than last year's or the one ten years from now? It's like groundhogs day with these people, without Bill Murray's personal growth.

Well, Mary is now officially old enough to be married and making babies! I guess the birthday post was also a slight nod of her availability? I wonder how many suitors have approached Anna. Is Mary worried that her prospects are looking dim given her sisters' (still) single status? Or does she think God will give her husband if He really wants to, and that Anna and Sarah's unmarried state have no bearing on her future marriage prospects? I keep saying, at some point, Steve will have to let some suitors in, if only to continue the family brand. It's one thing to have one SAHD past marriageable age, it's another to have three. Will Steve's paranoia override his greed? Tune in.

Well, Mary is now officially old enough to be married and making babies! I guess the birthday post was also a slight nod of her availability? I wonder how many suitors have approached Anna. Is Mary worried that her prospects are looking dim given her sisters' (still) single status? Or does she think God will give her husband if He really wants to, and that Anna and Sarah's unmarried state have no bearing on her future marriage prospects? I keep saying, at some point, Steve will have to let some suitors in, if only to continue the family brand. It's one thing to have one SAHD past marriageable age, it's another to have three. Will Steve's paranoia override his greed? Tune in.

Sounds like a soap opera :popcorn2:

Happy Birthday, Mary! You are such a blessing to our family. Your joyful, radiant spirit exudes from your life. You love being Jesus’ and serving Him.

She loves being Jesus!?!? :?

P.s.. Where is the quote button?

Edited for riffles. Twice... :roll:

I actually think Steve will marry Anna and/or Mary off. He has to know that some of his followers are wondering about Sarah.

What is with the answer to this comment?

Happy birthday, Mary!

Has Mary graduated from High School now and will she be joining the family business? :)

We follow your blog and were delighted to see Mary had completed her bible outline, and now she is 18! Well done Mary!

>>>>>>>>

Thank you. Much of my time will be spent drawing.

"Thank you. Much of my time will be spent drawing"

Seriously? That is it. Drawing? Surely there is something better she could be doing with her life.

What is with the answer to this comment?

Happy birthday, Mary!

Has Mary graduated from High School now and will she be joining the family business? :)

We follow your blog and were delighted to see Mary had completed her bible outline, and now she is 18! Well done Mary!

>>>>>>>>

Thank you. Much of my time will be spent drawing.

Oh, Steve never ever answers a question completely/directly unless there is an opportunity to proselytize. And I'm surprised if Mary is being allowed to be artistic. It's already become an idol and has Pepsi written all over it.

Archived