IGNORED

Ergun Caner's Teen Son Commits Suicide

DomWackTroll

The boy was fifteen years old.

christiantoday.com/article/baptist.minister.ergun.caner.reveals.excruciating.pain.after.sons.suicide/39237.htm

Caner is a controversial Baptist pastor who has been accused of lying about his "Muslim past."

No matter what, I can't believe the excruciating pain the family is in right now. I hope they can find peace.

Prior to taking his life, the boy was attacked on Twitter by some of his father's biggest critics: bcnn2.com/2014/08/did-braxton-caner-fall-victim-to-the-theological-wars-surrounding-his-father-ergun-caner-baptist-pastor-j-d-hall-dragged-braxton-into-criticism-of-his-father-on-twitter/

The Wartburg Watch plans to have a post on this aspect this next week.

ETA: no matter what, my heart goes out to the family. Can't imagine how painful this is.

It's horrifying. I read somewhere else that someone was dogging him on the internet mocking his dad. If that's so, if someone was pressuring a CHILD, I hope it can be proven and that somehow charges can be brought.

Take a look at this blog post and the comments. This could turn into a really big problem/scandal for the Calvinists.

dorightchristians.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/braxton-caner-tragedy-part-1/

Take a look at this blog post and the comments. This could turn into a really big problem/scandal for the Calvinists.

dorightchristians.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/braxton-caner-tragedy-part-1/

"Dr" James Ach is a pseudonym that belongs to a nutcase. I would avoid believing anything he says.

A little googling will turn up a lot of crap.

If this is true, I hope they find a way to bring charges against this jackass

freethinker.co.uk/2014/07/31/the-suicide-of-a-preachers-kid/

"Dr" James Ach is a pseudonym that belongs to a nutcase. I would avoid believing anything he says.

A little googling will turn up a lot of crap.

Oh, he's obviously a nutcase. But that doesn't change the fact that Caner has been front and center in the huge battle between Arminians and Calvinists for control of the SBC. The Calvinists have been steadily gaining more and more power. If the Arminians can use this boy's death to stop them, or at least slow them down, they will.

That poor child.

I swear, all of the adults involved seem like hogs wallowing in shit (apologies to hogs), verbally beating the crap out of each other and ruining children's lives in the process.

Now Todd Starnes of Faux News is involved-- with the Caners' blessing:

facebook.com/ToddStarnesFNC/posts/688713564536812

Post is up on Wartburg Watch; tons of info.

thewartburgwatch.com/2014/08/05/jd-hall-and-friends-theological-thuggery-and-braxton-caners-suicide/

I have not been able to read all of this info in one reading because it is so very disturbing.

What I understand of what I have read - there is more than enough blame to go around for the multiple adults involved in this very shameful scenario. I cannot even imagine.

A Bible verse about a millstone is what comes to my mind.

Poor Braxton.

And the ADULTS who were so cruel to a CHILD that he felt suicide was the best option need to be criminally investigated.

Poor Braxton.

And the ADULTS who were so cruel to a CHILD that he felt suicide was the best option need to be criminally investigated.

Agree!

This is, to me, an example of a stoning, like so many of these uber fundie patriarch men seem to think is key. The blathering idiot who was pestering the kid for a published kiss, a user name and the alleged sins of his father basically stoned this kid to death publically by his onslaught of online harrassment. And he has no remorse. He says that at 15, the boy was not a kid/child. He says that the kiss was obscene and immoral and it was his duty to point it out.

This man is the current american version of the Taliban. Self appointed monitor of morality, dogmatic in the wrongness of other religions, unafraid to condemn others to hell or, apparently, unashamed to have pecked a child toward death.

And there are more of these bastards running around than I'd ever have dreamed.

I weep for the future and the dark age they might bring to us all.

I've never heard of this boy, or his father. Why was the son attacked? Was he a wild child? Because he supported his father? How sad. The poor family.

Edited because I asked a question that may still violate the TOU even though the child is no longer living. And because from the little I have read so far, it seems that he was somehow involved in defending his father.

I've never heard of this boy, or his father. Why was the son attacked? Was he a wild child? Because he supported his father? How sad. The poor family.

Edited because I asked a question that may still violate the TOU even though the child is no longer living. And because from the little I have read so far, it seems that he was somehow involved in defending his father.

Mostly his father is the center of some dogma battles. And the child was attacked because he posted pictures of himself kissing his girlfriend, among other things. There is nothing to suppose that he was particularly a wild child except in the world of the these bizarre fundies who called the kids kissing evidence of "gross immorality" ... googling brings a lot of stuff.

It's horrifying. I read somewhere else that someone was dogging him on the internet mocking his dad. If that's so, if someone was pressuring a CHILD, I hope it can be proven and that somehow charges can be brought.

This wouldn't be the first time adults engaging in cyber bullying ended up pushing a teen to suicide.

There was even a Dr Phil episode about a case where the mother of a young teen pretended to be a youth and bullied their childs schoolmate until she ended up committing suicide!

People who are harass others online (especially legal adults who harass children) are the skid marks in the underwear of life. :music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

Poor child. I can't begin to fathom the pain his family must be in right now. If it turns out he was bullied to death, I hope they put the pos under the jailhouse. Poor baby.

Archived