IGNORED

I saw one my first live x-gay.

doggie

Can't believe it some fool waving a x-gay sign. This is in a very hippy/yuppy lgbt part if town too.

When you have to wave a flag announcing your sexuality you have some issues. 6e4aqave.jpg

He has a long way to go if he wants to match Greg's car signs and embroidered dress shirts. That sign is just pathetic.

it was funny people were laughing about it. I told one guy looks like he went back into the closet. I wanted to tell him your not fooling god he knows you are gay.

He has a long way to go if he wants to match Greg's car signs and embroidered dress shirts. That sign is just pathetic.

Yes!!! I bet he doesn't even have a half witted comedienne bride!

My personal theory is that anyone who believes themselves "ex" gay was likely just bisexual in the first place. Bisexuality is easy to both hide and ignore if you want/need to. I once knew a woman who was married to a man with children and involved in ex-gay ministry work BUT didn't want to see exposed breasts because the sight would tempt her to "sin" which always made it rather clear that she was still actually attracted to women and denying that part of her sexuality. That doesn't actually make you ex-gay. Anyone has a choice that they can personally repress or deny any part of their personhood. It doesn't mean they get to tell other people to do the same.

I have to contribute! I know a guy who claims to be ex-gay and married his girlfriend, who was supposedly "saved" from her bisexuality. He was 21, she was 19.

But the funny part is, know where the guy is from? A little town in the middle of nowhere, called Gaylord.

I shit you not.

I'm Bisexual (Anglican Christian) and I've been dating another male bisexual for 2 years. We've both discussed the "ex gay" movement and how it might relate to any "success" they have for both sexes within the CofE and in general in the UK. I's not always a popular discussion in any community but bisexuality in all its forms exists. Whatever the Kinsey scale there is a middle ground that is almost never explored by anybody.

Ex Gays, I truly do understand your turmoil but if you thought you were truly "cured", you would simply be straight ant not think about same sex attraction roughly 90% of people claim they do, even if they they're having an off night.

My personal theory is that anyone who believes themselves "ex" gay was likely just bisexual in the first place. Bisexuality is easy to both hide and ignore if you want/need to. I once knew a woman who was married to a man with children and involved in ex-gay ministry work BUT didn't want to see exposed breasts because the sight would tempt her to "sin" which always made it rather clear that she was still actually attracted to women and denying that part of her sexuality. That doesn't actually make you ex-gay. Anyone has a choice that they can personally repress or deny any part of their personhood. It doesn't mean they get to tell other people to do the same.

This is exactly what I've always thought! I believe that our sexuality is on some sort of a continuum, and that each of us is attracted to attributes of either sex to varying degrees and in different ways.

The fluidity in sexuality that I see happening with the early 20 something generation really makes me believe that sexuality is more of a spectrum than anything else. I hope that man lives in a kind enough world some day to own his sexuality and not ever ever ever wave that sign again.

I didn't mean to imply that he was in his 20s. Just from watching that generation, it has made me really consider these things. I have this whole backstory for that man going in my head now. A whole fictional accounting of how he ended up on that street...holding that awful sign...

I didn't mean to imply that he was in his 20s. Just from watching that generation, it has made me really consider these things. I have this whole backstory for that man going in my head now. A whole fictional accounting of how he ended up on that street...holding that awful sign...
no problem just saying. It was just so strange in such a part of town.

I'm pretty sure Xgay Greg was ver gay and in very deep denial. I never got the vibe from him that he was remotely interested in women as sexual partners.

I think some xgays are just part of an older generation where there was such a massive stigma on homosexuality they go into a super deep denial.

anyone want to take bets on how long it will be before this guy is spotted in the back room of some bar in the Castro?

I wouldn't be surprised if he joined the ranks of men on the DL. I fear for his future partners if this is correct.

Of course he will be caught in the back room of a gay bar eventually.

As I always said with Xgay Greg, he will eventually be caught in a state park bathroom...it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

I wouldn't be surprised if he joined the ranks of men on the DL.

I must be too much of a baseball fan because for me, "DL" automatically translates to "disabled list."(Yes, I know it's "down low" in this context.) :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he joined the ranks of men on the DL. I fear for his future partners if this is correct.

In what way do you fear?

I went to church with a kid in high school who claimed to be "cured" from being gay. He was a really nice guy but I felt sorry for him. I looked him up on Facebook a few years later. He seemed very happy with his MALE partner. Good for him for realizing he was just fine as is. :banana-rainbow:

^ I feel like the rainbow banana is a very appropriate smiley.

I remember hearing that there were two leaders of the ex gay movement that went back to being gay with each other. When someone says they De cured I take it with a grain of salt

In what way do you fear?

This wasn't my post, but I think what she means is that men on the DL are less likely to practice safer sex, out of shame of what they are doing, and less likely to disclose any risky behaviors with their other partner(s).

This wasn't my post, but I think what she means is that men on the DL are less likely to practice safer sex, out of shame of what they are doing, and less likely to disclose any risky behaviors with their other partner(s).

And in addition to health risks, there's also the whole being cheated on sucks.

The fluidity in sexuality that I see happening with the early 20 something generation really makes me believe that sexuality is more of a spectrum than anything else. I hope that man lives in a kind enough world some day to own his sexuality and not ever ever ever wave that sign again.

???

So...you don't believe him? Why is it not possible to you that he IS owning his sexuality? What, about abandoning "being" gay (or deciding he never was), is not possible? So then, Meredith Baxter must also be living false sexuality, now, as a lesbian??? :think:

Archived