IGNORED

Where's Sparkling Lauren?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't get my kids passports without my ex husband's signature -my custody has never been formalised by a court (long story). I think Lauren would have to apply to have David's rights terminated, and given that he hasn't been convicted of any crime and is currently mentally ill, I'm not sure they would be terminated - I think it's more likely someone would be appointed to represent him in decisions about the children until he was capable of doing so.

If Lauren did apply to have his rights terminated the court would look at all the family circumstances - and I don't think Lauren would want that - it would almost certainly bring her back into contact with DOCS because someone would be appointed to represent the children.

It's more likely that a family member (perhaps even Lauren) has his power of attorney.

These are passport renewals. Would that change whether they needed David's approval?

On the Australian Passport site it says that a form needs to be filled out if the parent can't get the other parents consent, there is no guarantee they will accept the form, but this certainly seems like one of the more clear cut reasons why a parents consent wouldn't be relevant.

Here's a link to the form, it's pretty basic. I would imagine it's used both for parents who are incarcerated and when they can't be found.

www.passports.gov.au/Web/Newppt/B9_2005.pdf

I suppose if his rights haven't been terminated she could always just ask him to sign the form giving permission, he wouldn't have to appear in person.

Aisha looks so much like Lauren. I thought that the other day when she posted the photo of her at the Hare Krishna farm on instagram.

These are passport renewals. Would that change whether they needed David's approval?

I don't know. Probably. There have been nasty cases of one parent disappearing overseas with children and the procedures were tightened.

Just a note to people talking about the termination of parental rights - it is very very rarely done in Australia and wouldn't be done when David hasn't been convicted of a crime. Courts will place restrictions around a child's contact with and relationship with a parent, but even when access isn't allowed at all parental rights usually aren't terminated and consent from both biological parents is still required for educational, medical, major life decisions.

Those poor girls. Every time they have the benefit of having a home, some walls, a roof and a kitchen they seem to love it... and then she moves them on again.

Now she's asking for donations to support them.

FFS that makes me want to scream.

Lauren... you are supported by the Australian tax payer with your parenting payments. If you can't afford to live your sparkling lifestyle

a. put your kids in school and get a job like the rest of us

b. use your inheritance to support your life style, not to have an overseas adventure your kids wont even remember.

Fuck off and get a job before you start asking people to donate to you.

Geesh, you would think she used up her grifting abilities two years ago. That woman has no shame. She is absolutely pathetic, no excuse for her and her laziness. Get a JOB, Lauren. You used to know what those were.

Where abouts? I didn't see it on Facebook or Sparkling Adventures.

I couldn't find it either.

I didn't see where she's grifting but I did read how Lana had a fit because Sparkles sipped from Lana's cup of milk before handing it over. Sparkles thinks it's because Lana was letting go of her emotions after trying to keep them under control all day or some such sparkly nonsense.

Personally I think poor Lana probably just wanted something all to herself without sharing it, like a cup of milk without Sparkles dribbling in it first.

I didn't see where she's grifting but I did read how Lana had a fit because Sparkles sipped from Lana's cup of milk before handing it over. Sparkles thinks it's because Lana was letting go of her emotions after trying to keep them under control all day or some such sparkly nonsense.

Personally I think poor Lana probably just wanted something all to herself without sharing it, like a cup of milk without Sparkles dribbling in it first.

She's got a donate button on her website. So not asking but it's there, in expectation and still shits me to tears that she'd even think to have it.

She's going to Europe via China.

She's got a donate button on her website. So not asking but it's there, in expectation and still shits me to tears that she'd even think to have it.

She's going to Europe via China.

She's always had that, I think even before Elijah's death.

But it annoys the hell out of me too, especially as she's in a better financial position than most of her admirers who donate. She owns a fully paid off home in a solidly middle class suburb, her house bus is expensive and customised, she still owns the converted trailer and vehicle she travelled in with David, which could be sold for a substantial sum, she left a well paying job that she could return to (whilst living in the home she owns - so even after childcare costs, which would be subsidised, she would have a very decent income), she receives rent under the table as well as generous parenting payments and family tax benefits (with four kids it's a substantial sum) and has minimal living expenses, she can afford overseas trips and luxuries like an iPad each for her kids, she has family who worry about her and the kids and support her, sometimes by paying for her and the kids to stay at resorts........ The list goes on. She's a very privileged woman, and she's receiving support from those who probably need her help much more than she needs theirs, and they fawn over her and thank her for the privilege. It's sickening.

She's going back and forth between Delaney and Lana. I wonder what's up with that.

She is so full of self-righteous bullshit. She's so sure that Delaney's outburst isn't because of the milk, and she's also sure that Brioni being upset with another kid isn't really because she's upset with that kid. Lauren knows everything!

At the community where we’ve been parked for almost a week, Brioni is expressing a strong desire to leave. Although she blames her clashes with one other child for her unhappiness, the other parent and I know that she’s simply missing her close friendship with Aisha. At one point I was able to explain calmly to the other child that although Brioni’s outbursts seemed to be directed at him, he shouldn’t take them personally as they were rooted in Brioni’s own feelings of loss. When Brioni returns to a better emotional space, I know that she, too, will be able to recognise the truth of this and in time, she’ll learn to look within herself for the cause of her unhappiness rather than seeking to blame someone else.

Is her relationship with Aisha mentioned before? I am confused about that because I don't remember reading anything about it previously.

In the most recent photos she's still using her hoodie to cover up her poor little hair. Breaks my heart for her :cry:

She's always had that, I think even before Elijah's death.

But it annoys the hell out of me too, especially as she's in a better financial position than most of her admirers who donate. She owns a fully paid off home in a solidly middle class suburb, her house bus is expensive and customised, she still owns the converted trailer and vehicle she travelled in with David, which could be sold for a substantial sum, she left a well paying job that she could return to (whilst living in the home she owns - so even after childcare costs, which would be subsidised, she would have a very decent income), she receives rent under the table as well as generous parenting payments and family tax benefits (with four kids it's a substantial sum) and has minimal living expenses, she can afford overseas trips and luxuries like an iPad each for her kids, she has family who worry about her and the kids and support her, sometimes by paying for her and the kids to stay at resorts........ The list goes on. She's a very privileged woman, and she's receiving support from those who probably need her help much more than she needs theirs, and they fawn over her and thank her for the privilege. It's sickening.

I'd never notice! But totally agree with all the above. It shouldn't be there, is just bludging off others when she has the means.

Happy Atheist - I noticed 'Delaney' in the passport photo post. I'm sure we'll get a Sparkling post discussing the reason behind it.

Is her relationship with Aisha mentioned before? I am confused about that because I don't remember reading anything about it previously.

Another question: where is Aisha/why would Delany/Lana be acting out due to missing their close friendship (or whatever sparkly term Lauren used)?

Another question: where is Aisha/why would Delany/Lana be acting out due to missing their close friendship (or whatever sparkly term Lauren used)?

They're staying with another family. I get the impression Aisha is playing with another child and ignoring her sister. I imagine Aisha loves the opportunity to spend time with someone her own age, or just someone new.

I'd never notice! But totally agree with all the above. It shouldn't be there, is just bludging off others when she has the means.

Happy Atheist - I noticed 'Delaney' in the passport photo post. I'm sure we'll get a Sparkling post discussing the reason behind it.

I figured " Lana" was just a nickname for Delaney, like it was shortened to Laney, but she liked the "a" sound at the end better. If that makes sense. Did they officially change her name?

I figured " Lana" was just a nickname for Delaney, like it was shortened to Laney, but she liked the "a" sound at the end better. If that makes sense. Did they officially change her name?

This is what I thought too -- it's a nickname, so not a big deal if it sticks around forever or just for a short while, and no need for formal changes.

Also, it was Brioni, not Delaney, who was "missing" Aisha -- as the two oldest it makes sense they would be closest, and I can see one being upset if the other makes a new friend and spends less time with her sister.

This is what I thought too -- it's a nickname, so not a big deal if it sticks around forever or just for a short while, and no need for formal changes.

Also, it was Brioni, not Delaney, who was "missing" Aisha -- as the two oldest it makes sense they would be closest, and I can see one being upset if the other makes a new friend and spends less time with her sister.

It would just be a nickname and no big deal if Lauren hadn't made a big deal of how she believes in self determination for toddlers and if she hadn't instantly stopped calling Delaney by the name she'd had all her life cause she, at 3, played round with having another name for an afternoon. Lauren instantly started referring to her and introducing her as Lana. Plus, Lauren has a history of changing her kids names - Calista is the only one who hasn't had her name changed.

Aisha was born Aïcha, Brioni was born Stephanie, Callista sometimes has one L, sometimes two.

And what Lilith said about Delaney.

Yes, it's clear Lauren sees names as more fluid than most of us see them -- whether that's snarkable or not is open to debate. But Delaney/Lana apparently requested this nickname, and I don't see any reason to assume that Lauren is carrying it past the point that the child wishes it. Especially since it's an actual nickname and not an out-of-the-blue change.

Most of our given names have nicknames that we sometimes like, sometimes don't during our childhood. Some of us had nicknames that weren't even direct derivations of our given names (Scooter, Skip, Half-Pint, etc). Our parents indulged us to various degrees. Most of the time it didn't involve an official name change. Most of us outgrew them; some of us kept the nicknames to adulthood. I guess I just don't see the big deal here.

Obviously changing "Stephanie" to "Brioni" is a complete change. The change of Aisha's name was much more subtle, changing from a more obscure variant to one that is a bit more familiar to people. The variations of Calista might be carelessness, might be the child playing around with her name, might be typos, we just don't know. As I said, it's clear Lauren holds names to be rather fluid as compared to many others, but this just doesn't seem that extreme to me.

Archived