IGNORED

Jasmine Baucham is Engaged!

nausicaa

wow. stuck-up bitches. envy rotteth the bones.

Is it stuck-up-bitchism, or probably both of those girls still being single and being really sad and feeling more lonely? What are the chances that the last ones to still be single would be the sisters who started the whole thing talking about waiting under daddy's guidance means great things? This has got to be confusing them now. They're both old maids at this point, and the only ones left.

There's going to be jealousy, but I don't think their silence means they're stuck up, not this time. I feel bad for those girls, doing it all "right," and being the ones passed by over and over again.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it stuck-up-bitchism, or probably both of those girls still being single and being really sad and feeling more lonely? What are the chances that the last ones to still be single would be the sisters who started the whole thing talking about waiting under daddy's guidance means great things? This has got to be confusing them now. They're both old maids at this point, and the only ones left.

There's going to be jealousy, but I don't think their silence means they're stuck up, not this time. I feel bad for those girls, doing it all "right," and being the ones passed by over and over again.

Yeah, I feel bad for the Botkins too. Especially since I suspect part of the reason they are passed over is because they are smart, worldly, and ambitious. (Okay, and I'm also sympathetic because I too am often accused of being too reserved and coming off as stuck up.)

Actually, if certain insiders are to be believed, the Botkin daughters are the ones who have done the passing over. They've had several suitors apiece, but none has been to their liking. If you think about it, as weird as their lives are now, there's little assurance that they would be any better if they were to marry. Right now, as the expert daughters of a self-proclaimed expert, they are known and admired. Since their identity would merge with that of any husband, who would they choose, among their peers? There are still a couple of single Serven boys out there. I can't see either one continuing to support the daughters psychologically in the style to which they become accustomed. One fellow makes his living selling blinds over the phone. Another… I might need to take that back, I think there's only one single adult Serven boy.

Who else is there, then? The Thomas twins, Marcella my KL? Unemployed, unlettered, grown-up children who spend their time on permanent vacation with brother-in-law Jordan Niednagel.

Joshua or Justice Phillips? Ha! Pretty darned unlikely.

There really aren't any males in their generation who are in the process of positioning themselves to be the next big, supposedly charismatic thinker like their dad.

That they haven't congratulated Jasmine on her engagement strikes me as indicating that there's been a falling out between the two fathers. I have no other evidence for that, but I really doubt it's a sour grapes, envy kind of thing. But that's just MHO.

Yeah, I feel bad for the Botkins too. Especially since I suspect part of the reason they are passed over is because they are smart, worldly, and ambitious. (Okay, and I'm also sympathetic because I too am often accused of being too reserved and coming off as stuck up.)

i hope that it was a false assumption on my part based on them just being naturally reserved, not stuck up. i'm sorry i was so vindictive toward them. i've experienced the whip end of getting treated badly by elites in my old homeschool youth group based on silly criteria, so that came out when i posted that comment. :embarrassed:

Thank you for starting a new thread! I don't visit often enough to really wallow in the deliciousness of the mega-threads. I'm so torn about Jasmine - I used to enjoy her blog back when she blogged and she seemed so smart (if misguided). I'm happy for her that she's happy but I kind of hoped that she wouldn't find Mr. Right and would end up crying "bullshit" on the whole thing and escaping to the big life she had planned on having before Voddie convinced her of a woman's proper place.

I agree about both avoiding the mega threads (just don't have the time these days, sigh) and hoping Jasmine would cry BS on the whole endeavor. She seemed semi resigned to singlehood since there are fewer black folk in the quiverfull movement and while she never really came out and said, seemed like an interracial marriage was Not Going to Happen. Also she was real career and getting an education.

That said, I'm usually happy for SAHDs to get out of a life of indentured servitude even if she's marrying an idiot Sterling apologist.

Actually, if certain insiders are to be believed, the Botkin daughters are the ones who have done the passing over. They've had several suitors apiece, but none has been to their liking. If you think about it, as weird as their lives are now, there's little assurance that they would be any better if they were to marry. Right now, as the expert daughters of a self-proclaimed expert, they are known and admired. Since their identity would merge with that of any husband, who would they choose, among their peers? There are still a couple of single Serven boys out there. I can't see either one continuing to support the daughters psychologically in the style to which they become accustomed. One fellow makes his living selling blinds over the phone. Another… I might need to take that back, I think there's only one single adult Serven boy.

Who else is there, then? The Thomas twins, Marcella my KL? Unemployed, unlettered, grown-up children who spend their time on permanent vacation with brother-in-law Jordan Niednagel.

Joshua or Justice Phillips? Ha! Pretty darned unlikely.

There really aren't any males in their generation who are in the process of positioning themselves to be the next big, supposedly charismatic thinker like their dad.

That they haven't congratulated Jasmine on her engagement strikes me as indicating that there's been a falling out between the two fathers. I have no other evidence for that, but I really doubt it's a sour grapes, envy kind of thing. But that's just MHO.

Fundie matchmaking, one of my favorite pastimes! Let me check my spreadsheet...

I submit Samuel Turley (is he single?) and Cole Carpenter, "filmmaker" Ken's oldest.

Marrying up is hard when you're a princess. There are always plenty of Arndt men to choose from, though!

But how easy is it to congratulate a friend on FB regardless of bad blood between the dads?

Easy, I'll admit, but how difficult if Daddy-Bot is monitoring your internet usage - or having baby brothers Noah and the other unmarried one do it for him?

Easy, I'll admit, but how difficult if Daddy-Bot is monitoring your internet usage - or having baby brothers Noah and the other unmarried one do it for him?

yikes :shock: that's almost bad enough to make me feel sorry for them (but not quite :lol: ), if that's the case. Their dad is a pretty terrifying looking dude. Remembering the "Christian rap music cowards" debacle with all the NCFIC leaders sitting on stage... see here for details: thatmom.com/2013/12/03/people-up-in-arms-over-ncfics-views-of-music-miss-their-core-beliefs/

Fundie matchmaking, one of my favorite pastimes! Let me check my spreadsheet...

I submit Samuel Turley (is he single?) and Cole Carpenter, "filmmaker" Ken's oldest.

Marrying up is hard when you're a princess. There are always plenty of Arndt men to choose from, though!

Samuel turley isn't single - I claimed him long ago ;)

According to The Knot.com, Jasmine is getting married on October 4th and is registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Amazon.com.

The couple's website is here: weddingwire.com/weddings/3244003/wedding_new_website#!/website/1629643#website-page-1629643

she does have a lovely registry.... All it's missing is the stemware. Cheers, mates.

So they're allowed to do full frontal hugs? Does anyone know Voddie's stance on physical touching during courtship?

There are some new engagement pics on Jasmine's facebook page. They both look happy and excited to be engaged. So happy that...he is kissing her on the forehead! Yep, that's right. An actual fundie is seen in a photo on public media. Sure it ain't a lip kiss, but this is the only type of kissing we have seen "before" marriage from a fundie. Knowing Voddie, he is probably insisting the 1st lip kiss be at the wedding :roll:

She has registered for a handgun on the MyRegistry.com site. I've seen a lot of interesting items on a registry, but never a firearm.

the pics are adorable and i like her hair...oh noes...i think i have my first fundie crush :pink-shock: :shock: Oh yeah that ring close up is lovely

She has registered for a handgun on the MyRegistry.com site. I've seen a lot of interesting items on a registry, but never a firearm.

Jill and Derick had rifles on their registry. :?

• 1 month later...

So her esteemed father, Dr. Voddie Baucham, is oversees in Africa, appalled at the poverty he finds (Nobody in the US is this poor! :o )....

While back on the home front, Miss Stay At Home, wait, scratch that, USED-TO-BE Stay At Home Daughter Jasmine has her wedding registry ready for her wedding... A quick total gave approximately $15,000 she wants friends and family to spend on them. :irony:

(myregistry.com/wedding-registry/Jasmine-Baucham-Phillip-Holmes-Spring-TX/669550 )

Expensive registries don't bother me much. I'm sure they're expecting A LOT of guests. I'd rather be sure I'd chosen a wide range of items and a wide range of prices. Better than ending up with weird stuff you wouldn't actually want.

Some of these things though...phew, made me feel poor. A $160 teapot? A $58 bathmat? A $279 cooking pot? Dang, it pays to be part of God's elect...

Some of these things though...phew, made me feel poor. A $160 teapot? A $58 bathmat? A $279 cooking pot? Dang, it pays to be part of God's elect...

Lol, well, well. I didn't actually look at it. The pot must be Le Creuset? Her dad really likes to cook, so he's probably given her a taste for fine kitchen equipment. I wish I had a Le Creuset :-). The teapot sounds ridiculous. I just figure you know your guests, and there must be some who can afford/will want to buy nice gifts.

I'm surprised that Phillip is such a poor speller, considering that Jasmine's writing was always so exacting. :\

Lol, well, well. I didn't actually look at it. The pot must be Le Creuset? Her dad really likes to cook, so he's probably given her a taste for fine kitchen equipment. I wish I had a Le Creuset :-). The teapot sounds ridiculous. I just figure you know your guests, and there must be some who can afford/will want to buy nice gifts.

Yeah, I didn't mention the $1000 gun. Give the gift of the second amendment, I guess...

Archived