IGNORED

Jasmine Baucham is Engaged!

nausicaa

Since she doesn't really do much, and has lots of spare time, I guess she had spend all day on the registry thinking of things for

Voddie's flock to purchase for her. The expensive tea pot doesn't surprise me. I suspect she wants to play Jane Austen.

I bet it will be a really nice wedding though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

her registry looks more expensive than most of my college educated professional friends...who she know big balling like that??? :pink-shock:

But how easy is it to congratulate a friend on FB regardless of bad blood between the dads?

I would guess it is quite difficult when every FB and blog post is part of the patriarch's marketing message. I doubt their facebook is anything but a marketing piece, with a strategic plan for what kinds of posts to make and possibly an editorial calendar.

• 1 month later...

Some photos from the big day. Jasmine's dress is awesome, as expected, but what is that necklace?

And if you search for phillipandjasmine on instagram, you can find the video of her walking down the aisle, as well as Voddie giving a sermon.

post-9025-14451999512329_thumb.jpg

post-9025-14451999514517_thumb.jpg

post-9025-14451999514656_thumb.jpg

post-9025-14451999514796_thumb.jpg

Haven't found more wedding pics, but did see this, in the description of their courtship:

When we first met at TGC last April, neither of us saw fireworks, heard Etta James singing, or gave the other more than courteous attention.

Yep, it's the official "we weren't attracted at first" fundie statement.

I'm confused with what's going on behind the couple. It looks like they hung up some lacy curtains from my grandmother's house and decided to get married in front of them.

i think i am seeing something with first Jill's wedding and now Jasmine's. They have a dream thought of how they want their wedding to look that might not necessarily be in a church...probably wouldn't have it in the church at all but a religious ceremony if it wasn't for the fact that they were fundie and not having it in the church is out of the question. Like Jill's wedding in her mind is probably beach or outdoorsy chic or whatever...so they incorporated those aspects inside a church even though it didn't fit. Jasmine is giving off be vibes of my wedding shoulda bin in a historic home or cute event space...but again it looks weird because its a big old church so even though in their minds it fits with what they want they are stuck within the confines of their fundieism wedding scheme that says they are only allowed a wedding in a church. Maybe her wedding reception location might look more like her wedding theme.

Well, they tend to have them in these (in my humble opinion) very unattractive, stadium-seating like mega-churches with no character or architectural beauty of which to speak. I know they're doing the best they can with what they have, but it's just not nice at which to look.

true it would help if they didn't have to invite hundreds of people they don't knoow so they can be the example of courting done right to others....i really don't know how to post pics from instagram from my phone but one of the reception pics i saw looked cute.

I'm confused with what's going on behind the couple. It looks like they hung up some lacy curtains from my grandmother's house and decided to get married in front of them.

Per the photographer, the theme was "Great Gatsby Garden Party Book Club Woodsy-esque."

The reception had a sno-cone machine. And dancing (is that allowed?)

Here's a better pic of the back of the church.

post-9025-14451999515391_thumb.jpg

Anyone with a Great Gatsby themed wedding clearly hasn't bothered to read the actual book. :roll:

i think i am seeing something with first Jill's wedding and now Jasmine's. They have a dream thought of how they want their wedding to look that might not necessarily be in a church...probably wouldn't have it in the church at all but a religious ceremony if it wasn't for the fact that they were fundie and not having it in the church is out of the question. Like Jill's wedding in her mind is probably beach or outdoorsy chic or whatever...so they incorporated those aspects inside a church even though it didn't fit. Jasmine is giving off be vibes of my wedding shoulda bin in a historic home or cute event space...but again it looks weird because its a big old church so even though in their minds it fits with what they want they are stuck within the confines of their fundieism wedding scheme that says they are only allowed a wedding in a church. Maybe her wedding reception location might look more like her wedding theme.

And too, with unedited cell phone snapshots on instagram, pictures show the horrible stage background with the weird blue lighting. Hopefully their wedding photographer captured the theme better and edited out as much of the background as possible.

Anyone with a Great Gatsby themed wedding clearly hasn't bothered to read the actual book. :roll:

My thoughts exactly when I saw that. But then again, :roll: these are the same folks who don't see the satire in Austen.

My thoughts exactly when I saw that. But then again, :roll: these are the same folks who don't see the satire in Austen.

Satire.... Jane Austen....Wha?

;) ;) ;)

No clue about the Botkins but a Bradrick was a bridesmaid. Cecily. I don't know who she is - if she's a Bradrick on her own or married to one of the brothers.

The photographer's Facebook is public.

http://www.facebook.com/allixrubyphotography?fref=photo

She's the same photographer that did the Serven wedding--there are pics of that wedding on there too!

Cecily Bradrick is a Bradrick on her own and, AFAIK, is still single.

No sign of the Botkins in any of the pics. If they weren't there, then this is the second "Return of the Daughters" wedding they haven't attended (the other being Lourdes Torres' wedding), and the second opportunity they've missed to make the same sort of blogfuss they made over the weddings of Kelly BRADRICK!, Katie Valenti and Melissa Keen.

It looks to me like Jasmine's wedding was genuine fun, and I really like the flowered bridesmaids dresses.

Their dresses are beautiful :romance-heartsfade:

post-10046-14451999525227_thumb.jpg

but that one blonde guy :lol: seems like the last one to get the "okay, everybody relax!" cue.

he would be Janice on the muppets for sure.

Those are awesome bridesmaid dresses! I think those are the very favorite ones I've ever seen.

Cecily Bradrick is a Bradrick on her own and, AFAIK, is still single.

No sign of the Botkins in any of the pics. If they weren't there, then this is the second "Return of the Daughters" wedding they haven't attended (the other being Lourdes Torres' wedding), and the second opportunity they've missed to make the same sort of blogfuss they made over the weddings of Kelly BRADRICK!, Katie Valenti and Melissa Keen.

It looks to me like Jasmine's wedding was genuine fun, and I really like the flowered bridesmaids dresses.

I didn't expect any congratulations for Lourdes' marriage. They wouldn't want to advertise the DPIAR situation, Lourdes and her husband were outspoken about criticizing patriarchy, and it seemed the wedding was fairly rushed and maybe not a church ceremony (i.e., no pretty pictures to post).

However Jasmine did everything "right." Courtship, no dating. Godly young man who got to know her father and became parents-approved. White wedding with father giving a blessing and (I'm sure) lots of talk of purity. So the lack of a congratulation on this one does raise an eyebrow. To me it's either that a) the Botkins really are jealous (or embarassed) or b) The women have actually moved significantly away from their views in RofD, and don't want to advertise it anymore.

All the wedding party outfits are very nice. I do like mismatched bridesmaid dresses, and Jasmine's dress is beautiful.

The church is hideous but I guess they had no choice but to use a fundie church. Are those...projected images of church windows on the wall?? :shock: Also that blue lighting is horrendous! So harsh.

The pinterest effect on fundie/fundie-light weddings is incredible - ALL the conservative Christian girls (not necessarily even fundie-light) I know luuuurve pinterest, to the extent that I know a few who give it up for Lent.

Does anyone read Susannah Hope's blog (Life Is Too Short Not To Wear Red Shoes)? I came across it on some fundie/fundie-light blogroll but can't place her in terms of church - I think she's maybe conservative to fundie-light. Anyway her wedding was just like....hipster Christian fest.

Archived