IGNORED

Duck Dynasty' Stars To Release 'Duck Commander' Bible In Oct

doggie

I know everyone is looking forward to this. I mean how did humanity survive without this wonderful book? Love how they talk about forgiveness and freedom but don't seem to practice it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/0 ... 52828.html

'Duck Dynasty' stars Phil and Alan Robertson will release their 'Duck Commander' Faith And Family Bible in October of this year, according to a statement from publisher Thomas Nelson.

Thomas Nelson publishers will release the book on October 28 with 52 Bible-reading plans from the Robertson duo. The Bible will be published in King James Version and will highlight the Robertson family's core values of faith, family, fellowship, forgiveness and freedom, according to a release from the publisher.

Also included will be a personal welcome from the Robertson father and son, 125 articles on the top 24 most-searched topics on BibleGateway, supplementary materials and "30 days of life-changing testimonials."

Robert Sanford, Vice President and Associate Publisher for Thomas Nelson’s Bible Group, said in a statement:

If yer Bable has the Duck Dynasty folks on it,

you might be a redneck.

Next week in Open Carry Bible Study, we'll read Phil's article on God saying child brides are biblical.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson advising young men to "marry … girls when they are about 15 or 16", after, of course, "making sure she can cook a meal". "You need to eat some meals that she cooks. Check that out," he said to an audience at a Christian retreat in 2009. "Make sure she carries her Bible [her Duck Dynasty Bible]," he added. "That will save you trouble down the road."
source: theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/01/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-child-brides

I think they need to make a pink camo version for all the 16 year old girls.

They also have their own brand of wine (which, no, I have not tried).

tfewines.com/our-wines/duck-commander.php

All they need is a bakery and they could hold a duck dynasty communion!

:redwine: :whitewine: :redwine:

:roll: I swear my eyes almost rolled out of my head. Sheesh

A Duck Dynasty Bible? Arrogance, thy name is Robertson. :roll:

Oh this pisses me off. I live in a very red pocket of a blue state (thank heaven for being near a major blue city), and there's DD stuff all over, so many fans thinking these idiots are a shining example of Christianity because they aren't afraid to speak about the evils of gaybies.

Who else has their own version of the bible with their names on it? This is seriously one of the most conceited things I can imagine anyone doing.

Oh, fuck a duck! Si Robertson will be in Birmingham, Alabama next week speaking at the Gridiron Men's conference (gridironmen.org). Yeah, it's one of those fundie Christian men's conferences.

My father says any man who needs to attend a conference to figure out how to be a good husband and father has no business getting married and breeding.

I just discovered the LOL Cat Bible app for Windows 8. The lord laid on my heart to download this so that I can be a better helpmeet to my feline headship. LOL!!!

I'm a lapsed Catholic and I'm still offended on behalf of every real Christian out there. How arrogant can they be to pass off the Bible as their own? These people are shameless and will stop at nothing to make a quick buck. There's gotta be something in the Bible somewhere about making an idol out of the Bible. Or if not, then there probably should be.

And Rosy Daisy, your father is dead-on about that one. ;)

it is getting so old these Christians ™ that go around telling everyone how horrible other people are and really saying how great they are in their faith but they seem to miss jesus. People seem the be blinded by the hate and yet miss how unchristian they are.

this is the typical thing that christians fall for they can't see the bad in their fellow christian and and mistake the bad for the good. gullible all the way. preachers have been praying on the christian flock since the beginning.

I wonder if they excised that verse about the camel going thru the eye of a needle.

I am not Christian and even I know this is just blasphemous. If the Bible is, to these people, the true word of God, then by putting their name on it they are placing themselves on the same level. I don't know how you can call yourself Christian while elevating yourself as a deity.

When this show first started, I really kind of enjoyed it. I didn't even mind that it had a lot more "bibley/jesusy" stuff in it than i would normally usually watch in a reality tv type show. I even liked some of the messages they were sending, if maybe not the exact way they were sending them sometimes.

Then even before Phil Roberton's little "faux pas" in that magazine, it was so clear they were just in it for the obvious money grab that it completely turned me off. You couldn't take a step without running into something that said Duck Dynasty on it.

I don't begrudge them the money. I get that you have to strike while the iron is hot and all that, but holy cow there is something known as OVER EXPOSURE. Spread it out a few years guys. I don't need DD toilet paper in year 2. Wait until we are at year 10 before you have people flushing your faces down the toilet!

The other thing that bothers me about it, is their price points seem quite high for their intended market. If you are going to market yourself on everything known to man and you *know* that the majority of your fan base is not the millionaires that you are (thanks to those fans), at least give them merchandise they can afford without having to go into hock to buy.

Now, I don't even watch the show and if I see a DD display I walk (well wheel) the other way. I'm just so over them. I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

You know Doug Phillips (who is a tool) is bowing to the greatness that is the Robertsons now. Imagine a VF bible. It would have be FABULOUS! ;)

I kept seeing all this dd stuff at Walmart and had no idea who they were. Always wondered who would buy stuff with such ugly faces on it.

You know Doug Phillips (who is a tool) is bowing to the greatness that is the Robertsons now. Imagine a VF bible. It would have be FABULOUS! ;)

They could have illustrated it with photos of Doug dressed up as Jesus, Moses, Noah and all other important Biblical men.

So the family that stands behind a guy who refuses to apologize for beating up a man and woman will be creating a Bible. I'm thinking Jesus would be running these people out of the temple.

I saw some cute camo diaper bags at Wal-Mart. As I was reaching for it, I saw the words Duck Dynasty on the bottom. I bought the diaper bag with the monkeys on it instead.

I also saw Duck Dynasty baby clothes, and sippy cups. Waiting for the Duck Dynasty potties now

Archived