IGNORED

Kelly Crawford is a "Green Goddess"

GolightlyGrrl

That Kelly Crawford. Apparently being a quiverfull mom makes you an expert on all sorts of things-nutrition, education, entrepreneurship, marriage, raising kids. And now it makes you an expert on green issues and the environment. And what has Kelly done to become an expert? Has she done careful analysis, research and studied reports provided by experts? No, of course, not. She links to another quiverfull mom.

generationcedar.com/main/2014/05/why-large-families-arent-killing-the-planet-and-what-is-2.html

True, SUVs and mega-mansions are hardly good for the environment, but then again; neither is using disposable plates for every meal (in a family of 21, no less) all because you happen to be too lazy to load up the dishwasher.

Regardless of environmental impact, having more children than you can afford all for your own satisfaction is pretty selfish, even more so than the author claims those small families living in large houses are.

You don’t have to be a scholar in demographics to see that large families are not the cause of overpopulation. Assuming that you accept the arguments in favour of overpopulation.

Well...then where did all the people come from in the first place? :doh:

I am probably about to get a bunch of comments deleted over there....

From the article:

It doesn’t cost more to heat-up 3 000 square feet for a family of 10 than it does for a family of 2 by the way.

:lol: until those 10 children move away into 10 3,000 sq ft. houses of their own.

ah, logic.

Ok I have to admit that when I first read the title , i was like huh? she is salad dressing. :lol: Please excuse my brain.

me too :D

I am too grumpy to see if those idiots responded. I might punch my computer. :lol: :lol: Let me know if we caused a ruckus. :lol: :lol:

The dissenting comments haven't been deleted yet. That's my FJ-ers, commenting like a boss!

True, SUVs and mega-mansions are hardly good for the environment, but then again; neither is using disposable plates for every meal (in a family of 21, no less) all because you happen to be too lazy to load up the dishwasher.

Regardless of environmental impact, having more children than you can afford all for your own satisfaction is pretty selfish, even more so than the author claims those small families living in large houses are.

Well...then where did all the people come from in the first place? :doh:

More loads of laundry, even if they washed dishes, more loads of dishes, more showers, more toilets flushing, larger, less fuel-efficient vehicles, and, yes, it can cost more to heat that house. When you have more people running in and out, heat escapes. More people also means a higher chance at any given time that someone may be awake and using lighting. And how much do you think these people bother recycling all that trash that their jumbo-meals are sold in?

One family alone might not seem like a huge impact in a month, but it adds up. And then many of these kids will go on to have many kids of their own. My two children will take up two houses. Their 15 kids will take up 15 houses. And the cycle will repeat.

More loads of laundry, even if they washed dishes, more loads of dishes, more showers, more toilets flushing, larger, less fuel-efficient vehicles, and, yes, it can cost more to heat that house. When you have more people running in and out, heat escapes. More people also means a higher chance at any given time that someone may be awake and using lighting. And how much do you think these people bother recycling all that trash that their jumbo-meals are sold in?

One family alone might not seem like a huge impact in a month, but it adds up. And then many of these kids will go on to have many kids of their own. My two children will take up two houses. Their 15 kids will take up 15 houses. And the cycle will repeat.

I never claimed that quiverfull-type families didn't have a negative environmental impact. In fact, you're quite right, large families aren't good for the environment.

Ok I have to admit that when I first read the title , i was like huh? she is salad dressing. :lol: Please excuse my brain.

Ha! I totally forgot about that dressing, never cared for it. Kelly probably makes green goddess dressing out of wilted carrots, but I digress.

And I noticed one of Kelly's biggest leg humpers, 6 Arrows, provided a link to some site called PowerLine. I just took a gander of it. Oy! What a clusterfuck of far right demagoguery, especially with all of the links to sites like Breitbart, Michelle Malkin, Fox News and Town Hall.

I have no doubt that their are extremists involved with the green/environmental movement. But I know quite a few people involved with these issues (plus, I've written about them). Most of them are down-to-earth, pragmatic and have smart, common sense ideas.

The only thing Kelly Crawford is an expert at is being a judgmental fundie bitch! Even though I have never met the bitch, I have a personal ax to grind with her.

The only thing Kelly Crawford is an expert at is being a judgmental fundie bitch! Even though I have never met the bitch, I have a personal ax to grind with her.

Don't forget about being a professional mooch!

I will sharpen the ax while you grind it, baby.

Archived