IGNORED

Levis new ad campaign

snarkykitty

I just received this email from my FIL who KNOWS I hate this stuff. He received it from a family member who, yawn, belongs to this crazy outfit.

I checked out the video on the Levis site and I don't find what is offensive. It's artistic. The only people left confused are the cherry-picking literalists (yes, I believe that I just made up that word!).

----- Forwarded Message -----

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:16:05 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Subject: Levi's New Ad Sends the Wrong Message to Youth

OneMillionMoms.com

Levi's New Ad Sends the Wrong Message to Youth

August 18, 2011

Dear -----,

Once again a campaign that could have been good has been made into something bad. Levi Strauss & Co. has a new ad campaign that is attempting to help others by bringing clean water around the world. Instead they are sending the wrong message especially to teens and young adults. Their "Go Forth" ad emphasizes "Change Starts With You" with the slogan "Now Is Our Time" on their website. It goes on to say, "These are not easy times, but they are our times" and "Your legacy is yours to make. Go Forth." Doesn't sound so bad yet, but keep reading.

The dialogue also mentions "your life is your life, the gods wait to delight in you, the gods will offer you chances, know them, take them." It goes on to say "There are ways out, you can't beat death, but you can beat death in life sometimes. The more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be." There is also a concern with the graphics which include a female with a sheer shirt on, people running away and escaping from something or someone, a female in a bikini dancing around a fire, and a male rebelling against officers and authority in a riot.

This video clip (you can see on their website and on youtube.com) with smoke in city streets does not mention their "Clean Water" campaign at all but instead shows an ocean clip, people making out and that is it. The Levi's ad implies it is okay to do whatever you want. OMM finds this ad offensive especially as Christians. Levi's is sending youth the wrong message. Teens and young adults will be left confused by this ad.

TAKE ACTION

Send Levi Strauss & Co. an email requesting they remove this offensive ad from their website and no longer use it, and instead create a video concerning their campaign rather than the one with a confusing message.

Take it one step further by calling Levi Strauss & Co. at 1-866-860-8907 and then press 3.

Send Your Letter Now! Sincerely,

Monica Cole, Director

OneMillionMoms.com

P.S. Please forward this to your family and friends! Become a fan of OneMillionMoms on Facebook! If you use Twitter, keep up with the latest information by following us .

This e-mail message was sent to.... ----- signed up to receive e-mail from OneMillionMoms.com. Click here to unsubscribe from the list.

OneMillionMoms.com | P O Drawer 2440 | Tupelo, MS 38803 | 1-662-844-5036

Copyright © 2010 American Family Association. All Rights Reserved

Support our work with an online donation of any amount!

Aw. I opened this thread and was getting ready to hate on Levi's. I think Dockers' misogynist pants crap has set me up to expect idiocy from any pants advertiser.

Personally, I would think they'd be more up in arms about this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fa ... s_con.html

The claim is "all little girls like playing dress up", except pedophiles didn't have access to my photo album when I was 10. What is next, lingerie shot on fetuses? They use uber-preemie babies on television because regular sized new borns "read too old".

Archived