IGNORED

Nicholas Cage on a Plane Movie - MERGED

SallyDraper

I love Nicholas Cage, but if he's starring in a Left Behind movie, I might have to rethink this position.

ETA: Samuri Sara, It's not the face. It's the voice.....

Nicholas Cage must be desperate for work. I also got the scare tactics at my church growing up. I wouldn't think that threatening people would really be the best recruitment tactic, but obviously it works well enough for churches. Plus, it's quite a contradiction: Jesus is kind and loving, but he'll fry your ass if you don't believe in him.

I don't think Nicolas Cage is desperate for work, it's just that he will do pretty much whatever project that drops his way, and that's how he gets all of these weird roles and it looks like he's desperate, but I could be wrong. I'm probably going to see this thing solely for the lulz, not for the actual storyline or anything. Went through this whole thing as a kid and teenager with the "Left Behind" craze. I cringe when I remember my 15 year old self totally buying that the Rapture could happen "any second" (I actually had a bumper sticker on my first car :embarrassed: ).

Anyhow, I just saw Nic Cage in KickAss this morning. He did okay in that movie, so that's probably what prompted me to actually say something instead of lurk. :shrug:

Nicholas Cage is a professed Christian?!

He has not announced it if he is. That has troubled a lot of fundies and fundie-lites. If he is a Christian I doubt he is one that most fundies would approve of.

I love Nicholas Cage, but if he's starring in a Left Behind movie, I might have to rethink this position.

ETA: Samuri Sara, It's not the face. It's the voice.....

Fair enough. His voice just confuses me for no reason I could put a finger to. If anything that just proves that what defrauds one person leaves another cold. Take note, fundies! :mrgreen:

Archived