IGNORED

The Eventual GrandDillard Announcement

ljohnson2006

Do you think that Jill and Derrick's babies will be as well received as Smuggar and Anna's? What will they be labeled as? They're not GrandDuggars. I think even Smuggar and Anna's babies have gotten to be old news. Kenzie was the first, and that makes her special. Michael was the first grandson, so that makes him special. Marcus was just "GrandDuggar makes 3". Like they had no other way to make that special. I'm sure that Jills pregnancies will get VSE's. Will that set off jealously in Anna?

You're asssuming that the cameras and attention are wanted and enjoyed. Maybe they are just seen as a necessary evil in order to get a paycheck.

Would you want a camera following you around duirng your first pregnancy? Would you want video of you giving birth on a toilet available to everyone you meet?

Maybe Anna is happy the attention will be off her.

For that matter, I've never been convinced that Michelle wants more pregnancies or enjoyed the attention from the ones she's had. She never seemed all that delighted to me when she was pregnant. I think all this "let's talk to the fertility doc" is driven by TLC. Come on, she's 48, she knows.

Maybe not Anna, but definitely Smuggar.

I'm not sure what they will call it, but I do think the first grandchild from a Duggar daughter will be big news. Lots of tears from Michelle and crap about season of life.

I can't get enough of a read on Derrick and how he'll eventually feel about the cameras...I think his feelings on it (and that TLC money, of course)is what will ultimately determine if their children will get as much public attention. There's also the whole "ministry" aspect of the show--if he really is as fanatical as his missionary work and his attraction to Jill implies, he might be fine with it because it's part of his "service" to god.

Wow not even married and we are already talking about the GrandDillard. Who knows it might be a GrandSeewald (?) first if the Dillard headship does not want to rush into overpopulating Arkansas ... (see Zach Bates, second married but first GrandBates)

A VSE about the whole pregnancy and delivery for sure. I think Jill doesn't mind the camera's and attention. Jessa on the other hand...

Off-topic: Does anyone know where Jill and Derick are going to live after the wedding?

I think that as long as there is money to be made and that Jim Bob has a crack at manipulating his daughter and new son-in-law, then he'll will want them followed and filmed for certain when Jill gets pregnant. However, I don't think Derick is pliable like Josh and Ben are, and Jill stated explicitly that she was planning to live out of the country with Derick after they married.

Derick might be tactful about it, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the two of them conveniently decided to be away on a mission trip the entire time Jill is pregnant, and then only allowed the cameras in after the baby was born.

Wow not even married and we are already talking about the GrandDillard. Who knows it might be a GrandSeewald (?) first if the Dillard headship does not want to rush into overpopulating Arkansas ... (see Zach Bates, second married but first GrandBates)

Sure, there's no way of knowing about anyone's fertility and how soon they'll get and stay pregnant, but as for the bolded? I'm sure that's the one exception to the fundie "husband's word is law and marriage is forever no matter what" rule. Jill sure as hell won't use birth control, I highly doubt she'll have sex with Derrick if he's wearing condom, and he's not going to abstain in order to avoid pregnancy. Assuming they have sex regularly and barring fertility issues, Jill will be pregnant by the end of the year.

I doubt Anna will be jealous. She's going to keep popping out babies and doing her thing. I truly think she's happy with her life, and will happily play the older sister in law giving advice to a first time mom when Jill has her first.

I think Jill and Derick will live within filming distance in Arkansas for awhile, and Jill's (anticipated) pregnancy will be a very big deal. I envision lots of mother/daughter drama with Michelle, plugs for midwifery, and some tears from Jim Bob.

I was hoping no babies from Jill and Derrick for awhile my opinion of course. I thought it would be Jessa first. The reason is Jill wants to be a missionary and I haven't a clue what Jessa wants other than escaping.

I was hoping no babies from Jill and Derrick for awhile my opinion of course. I thought it would be Jessa first. The reason is Jill wants to be a missionary and I haven't a clue what Jessa wants other than escaping.

I also hope that Jill dosen't get pregnant right away. Cause I know she was wants to be a missionary.

The only reason Zach and Whitney are having the first Bates grandchild is because Erin's first pregnancy failed to develop. Had she had a healthy pregnancy she would have delivered first. Well, she was dated first with a due date a week before Whitney's, who knows who would have actually delivered first since a week is so close, but point is, neither couple did a damn thing to postpone babies.

And Jill and Derick won't either. I think the only hope for Jill not becoming a broodmare like her mother is if Derick says "our family is complete" and gets a freaking vasectomy after 3/4 kids. As the headship/supreme overlord/master/boss of Jill, she would have to accept Derick's decision to do so! Jessa, on the other hand, is screwed. RUN JESSA, RUN!

Maybe Derrick will convince Jill that she doesn't need a bunch of kids. She can have as many as SHE wants to.

Of course, Erin's children would be GrandPaines

But then again, aren't all children?

Yes Derrick can get a vasectomy and not tell her...

Although a part of me feels like this would somehow be cruel to Jill, the rest of me thinks how awesome that would be. [Although I'm not sure how it works in the US, I have a friend here (Canada) who had one done and both husband & wife had to be consulted before the doctor would perform the vasectomy. ]

I think that getting a vasectomy behind your partner's back is really unethical. Yeah, it would be good if Jill did not end up like her mother and had only a small number of kids, but in a world where children are a blessing from God, and being known only through her mother and expected to follow in her footsteps, she would feel terrible if she wanted to conceive but wasn't able to-she would probably be upset and blame herself for sinning and that God doesn't like her enough to bless her, or worry that there is something wrong with her uterus.

Yeah, getting a vasectomy behind your wife's back would be an awful thing to do. If he really doesn't want more children and she insists on being the perfect quiverfull family then he'd need to divorce her.

I expect J'Uterus to be exponentially worse with a daughter giving birth. Death by stink eye. Or once Jill or Jessa is pregnant she will miraculously become pregnant too and run off with the baby when it's born

I expect J'Uterus to be exponentially worse with a daughter giving birth. Death by stink eye. Or once Jill or Jessa is pregnant she will miraculously become pregnant too and run off with the baby when it's born

If it was any other daughter besides Jill, I think J'chelle would flip the fuck out. But since its her darling daughter Jill who's middle name just happens to be Michelle, the one daughter we've seen hug and smile at their mother and seems to be the heaviest kool-aid drinker; I think J'chelle will be thrilled and throw so much fundie-speak at us that this seems like the second coming - topping even MIRICLEBABYJOSIEPRINCESSTINYPRECIOUSTEENYBABY!!!11!!1!

How are the little buddies going to feel when their real mothers have their own children? How will Josie feel when the attention is off her and everyone starts asking about Blessa and Phil?

Archived