IGNORED

Fullerblogit on same-sex marriage

thoughtful

He can't spell, but, damn it, he knows same-sex marriage is a sin! :roll:

This one belongs in the SOTDRT bad-analogy hall of fame (bolding mine).

a quarter is never equal to a dollar

04/24/2014

Will the residence of Oregon become the latest victims of betrayal by the very people sworn into office to uphold and maintain the Constitution of their state?

Let me spell it out for you.

If I have a dollar bill and you have a quarter; you can scream and holler all you want about your quarter being every bit as valuable as my dollar.

You can hire attorneys, form committees, organize protests all to what effect?

To have your quarter become a dollar bill?

You can't! It will always be inferior.

I know it - and you must know it or you wouldn't be trying to convince yourself through illegal approval.

For years I have heard the childish whining coming from the gay and lesbian communities about wanting the American populous to tolerate and accept them.

Okay....fine.

We the people have tolerated and accepted the fact you are here and a part of society. Even if we disagree with your personal behavior; we accept the fact you have the God given right to sin as you see fit.

You seek out spinless judges, politicians and bureaucrats who will turn their backs on the very laws they took an oath to uphold.

Before you start screaming, "what gives me the right to judge?"

Nothing, except my personal convictions, scripture and a sense of morality!

If I had more authority; we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sadly, after you do some more damage to society, you will still be left with the revelation that your quarter will NEVER be equal to my dollar bill.

fullerblogit.com/home/a-quarter-is-never-equal-to-a-dollar

Well, let's just be glad that he doesn't have more authority then. I'd like him to prove that same sex marriage will damage society. He wouldn't be able to do it. And who said he was a dollar bill, while I am a quarter? I'd like to see Bible verses! If he can just say that he is worth a dollar and I worth a quarter, then surely I can turn the tables and say I am worth $100 and he has the monetary value of a chewed up piece of gum.

I'd also like to see a judge full of "spin" Do they just sit on the bench swiveling around?

And who said he was a dollar bill, while I am a quarter? I'd like to see Bible verses! If he can just say that he is worth a dollar and I worth a quarter, then surely I can turn the tables and say I am worth $100 and he has the monetary value of a chewed up piece of gum.

Well, he's not saying he is the dollar -- he's saying that oppopsite-sex marriage is the dollar, and same-sex marriage is the quar -- ah, never mind; it's bullshit, either way! :lol:

I'd also like to see a judge full of "spin" Do they just sit on the bench swiveling around?

Somewhere, I'm sure there is video of Harry Anderson in Night Court, doing just that. But for now, you will have to settle for the opening credits, in which he flips his gavel in the air:

[bBvideo 560,340:3sy6lvo9]

[/bBvideo]

Well, he's not saying he is the dollar -- he's saying that oppopsite-sex marriage is the dollar, and same-sex marriage is the quar -- ah, never mind; it's bullshit, either way! :lol:

Somewhere, I'm sure there is video of Harry Anderson in Night Court, doing just that. But for now, you will have to settle for the opening credits, in which he flips his gavel in the air:

[bBvideo 560,340:ix759kzs]

[/bBvideo]

Oh yeah, it is bullshit either way, but I took it to mean that he thought he was superior because he was straight. I was just trying to make sense of it because it's so ludicrous and that was teh first thing that came to mind!

He can't spell, but, damn it, he knows same-sex marriage is a sin! :roll:

This one belongs in the SOTDRT bad-analogy hall of fame (bolding mine).

fullerblogit.com/home/a-quarter-is-never-equal-to-a-dollar

How precious, he likes to feel dirty when he's cruising at the rest stop. :popcorn2:

Let me spell it out for you.

If I have a dollar bill and you have a quarter; you can scream and holler all you want about your quarter being every bit as valuable as my dollar.

You can hire attorneys, form committees, organize protests all to what effect?

To have your quarter become a dollar bill?

You can't! It will always be inferior.

I know it - and you must know it or you wouldn't be trying to convince yourself through illegal approval.

The funny thing is that since US currency is not backed by gold and is no longer made using valuable metals, it's worth is totally arbitrary. So yeah, the government could decide a quarter is worth a dollar. The relative worth of a quarter to a dollar is simply what the government declares it to be.

Maybe it's not such a bad analogy after all... ;)

Oh yeah, it is bullshit either way, but I took it to mean that he thought he was superior because he was straight. I was just trying to make sense of it because it's so ludicrous and that was teh first thing that came to mind!

Making himself clear doesn't seem to be his strong suit. However, he has great skills at inarticulate bigoted ranting and funny spelling errors. :dance:

Here are some quotes from his post about the word "bigot." The first sentence is about Cliven Bundy:

Then in true media manipulation, they fabricate a story out of a conversation that should never have been heard - and whallah - our latest bigot is born.

Yes, "whallah!" :lol:

Clippers owner, Donald Sterling, becomes a household name; not for his business achievements, or his massive wealth, not even because he has built a great basketball team, but because he is accused of being a BIGOT!

It really is amazing how frequently and loosely the term bigot is thrown around by those trying to demonize and slander anyone they disagree with.

Loosely?

However, it also encouraged me to look up this inflammatory word.

BIGOT: One intolerantly devoted to his or her own prejudice or opinions.

Then it came to me like a flash. It hit me like a drop of rain on the top of my head.(Insert your own metaphor here.)

There are A LOT of bigots in this world. Oddly enough, many right here in the great USA.

Let us take a look:

Militant Environmentalists: BIGOTS

Pro-Abortionists: BIGOTS

Homosexual Activists: BIGOTS

Agnostics: BIGOTS

Feminists: BIGOTS

Democrats: BIGOTS

Republicans: I can't include them, because they're so wishy-washy

Christians: I wish they could all be called BIGOTS

And yes, myself: I am intolerantly devoted to my beliefs. I refuse to yield in my faith of Jesus Christ, my beliefs in right and wrong, my stance for the sanctity of the pre-born. These ideals make me a BIGOT.

I pray that many more of you make a decision to be bigots in matters of ultimate importance; because lets face it - we're under attack by those trying to destroy our families, culture, faith, and country - they are all devoted BIGOTS!!

So that's his solution -- embrace the bigot within! :shock:

As long as he's happy with himself, the rest of us can be happy giving him a wide berth!

fullerblogit.com/home/to-all-you-bigots

That blog don't make no damn sense. I just had to give up.

Making himself clear doesn't seem to be his strong suit. However, he has great skills at inarticulate bigoted ranting and funny spelling errors. :dance:

Here are some quotes from his post about the word "bigot." The first sentence is about Cliven Bundy:

Yes, "whallah!" :lol:

Loosely?

So that's his solution -- embrace the bigot within! :shock:

As long as he's happy with himself, the rest of us can be happy giving him a wide berth!

fullerblogit.com/home/to-all-you-bigots

Oh my...by his criteria I am a bigot many times over. I am a bigoted bigoted bigoted bigot! Maybe I should seek help for my tolerance issues.

I wonder what "whallah". I know Wallah is a Muslin term that means "By Allah". Perhaps that's what he meant? :D

I'm a little confused here. He says that he wishes Christians were bigots, just like homosexuals and anti-abortionists. So basically, he wants to join the rest of us and become a member of the Heathen Club of Sinners? Am I reading this right, or does he just have no frickin' clue what he's talking about? :think:

I'm a little confused here. He says that he wishes Christians were bigots, just like homosexuals and anti-abortionists. So basically, he wants to join the rest of us and become a member of the Heathen Club of Sinners? Am I reading this right, or does he just have no frickin' clue what he's talking about? :think:

No, he means that he wishes all Christians were steadfast in (his translation of "intolerantly devoted to") their belief rather than being swayed by other people's ideas the world the flesh and the devil.

Oh my...by his criteria I am a bigot many times over. I am a bigoted bigoted bigoted bigot! Maybe I should seek help for my tolerance issues.

I wonder what "whallah". I know Wallah is a Muslin term that means "By Allah". Perhaps that's what he meant? :D

I believe the word he is looking for is "voila." :doh:

I believe the word he is looking for is "voila." :doh:

That is correct! Perhaps Mr. Fuller got hooked on phonics.

We've decided on Option 2, Scott :D (couldn't resist, since I found this obnoxious blogger after someone posted his thoughts on the HGTV Facebook page -- yes, someone thought his posts would be great arguments against gay marriage and in favor of the Benham brothers :shock: ).

This guy would be the perfect next contestant for Fundie Friday. I know, be careful what you wish for.

A dollar bill is relatively fragile and easily destroyed. A quarter, on the other hand, is much harder to damage.

Therefore, same-sex marriages are stronger than opposite-sex marriages.

LOGIC.

Ha, thanks IronicallyMaeve! I laughed. I'm in a same-sex marriage myself, and I do think at least initially, since the same-sex married couples generally will have been together longer before marriage (since they couldn't legally marry before), and you have to discuss and delegate responsibility based on skills and preferences, not gender roles.

This is just general, but might account for lower same-sex divorce rates and higher self-reported satisfaction by same-sex couples.

Plus. If you can stick together through family backlash and all the sorts of bigots like him, your relationship is likely pretty strong.

Archived