IGNORED

Michael Sam drafted by the St Louis Rams

SPHASH

Awesome! I hope he and his teammates get along well, and that the result will show the league that hiring a player who is gay and out is No Big Deal.

Awesome! I hope he and his teammates get along well, and that the result will show the league that hiring a player who is gay and out is No Big Deal.

Agree w/ u. I hope he is treated like any other player!

I was thrilled to see that he was drafted. I am not a Rams fan but right now, I'll root for them so long as Michael Sam gets to play. (Unless they play against my Bears)

I don't know if anyone has seen this music video, but I can't recommend it enough, and it seems extremely appropriate to post it here:

I sat and watched (sort of) the draft with the fiance to see if he would get drafted. I was so happy to be watching when he got the call. Love this kid.

I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl and win.

Some of the comments about this urk my nerves. He's going to hell. The bible says... Blah blah blah congrats to him.

Michael Sam is a quality character guy. It's a long shot for any seventh round draft pick to make a team but I'm rooting for Michael all the way. As a fellow MU alum I am very proud of the way he has handled everything relating to his coming out and the draft.

I knew the assholes would be making an appearance on Facebook. Just saw a rant about Tim Tebow vs. Michael Sam. Of course it did not make any sense. Bigoted, hateful rants never make sense. These people have yet to understand free speech and the Constitution.

I knew the assholes would be making an appearance on Facebook. Just saw a rant about Tim Tebow vs. Michael Sam. Of course it did not make any sense. Bigoted, hateful rants never make sense. These people have yet to understand free speech and the Constitution.

Matt Walsh? I saw that yesterday. He's a real peach.

Matt Walsh? I saw that yesterday. He's a real peach.

No. A very distant family member. Sad, eh? I freely admit I keep them on Facebook because I love reading the incoherent rants. I am weird like that.

No. A very distant family member. Sad, eh? I freely admit I keep them on Facebook because I love reading the incoherent rants. I am weird like that.

Absolutely fine. I keep fundie-lite former friends on my FB just for the entertainment.

Quote from my FIL regarding the celebratory kiss: "Why do they have to throw it in our faces?!? They're doing that on purpose! See how the little guy is afraid to show his face? Do they have to fornicate with every man they see? Why are they kissing on TV anyway?!? It's just not natural. God didn't make people to be with the same sex!"

I might not have gotten every word perfectly, but there you go. I had to just close my eyes & focus on the dirty diaper I was changing.

A great little video poking fun of the hypocrisy of people like Matt Walsh:

ETA:oookay, obviously I don't know how to embed a video.

Here's the embed for you:

q_MLi2wAfdM

It's probably easiest to use the Full Editor and click on youtube at the menu at the top. Copy and paste the embed code (the stuff after the equals sign) in between the two s. I always like to make sure the embed works so I usually preview it first. Btw, this video had a more complex embed code and there are videos that just do not embed no matter what you do.

Thanks, PennySycamore. I owe you a Pepsi.

Archived