IGNORED

Jasmine Baucham Is She Slowly Changing

Want More Babies

I saw this link posted over on daddy Voddie's public FB page. Ironically enough, Jennie Chancey commented with a "Well done!"

cbmw.org/women/womanhood/five-lessons-you-didnt-learn-in-that-break-up/

What we can gather from Jasmine is that while she still lives at home, she is working as a sixth grade teacher in a Houston school, and is pursing a Master's in Religion. She also has a break-up of some sort under her belt. I guess the courtship did not lead to marriage.

Could Jasmine be starting to spread her wings?

Voddie, perhaps you need to stop gallivanting all over creation ;) and do your fatherly duty. Jasmine would not even know what a break up was like if you had been guarding her heart.

Right? Right?

Voddie, perhaps you need to stop gallivanting all over creation ;) and do your fatherly duty. Jasmine would not even know what a break up was like if you had been guarding her heart.

Right? Right?

Isn't this the whole reason for courtship? So precious Jasmine, and other girls like her, go into marriage with their heart intact? Here, it was broken. So much for courtship!

Here is some advice for Jasmine. Go out, date, have fun. If it doesn't click, no heartbreak, move on. I wonder if he met all of daddy's requirements? Or, God forbid, Jasmine fell for him and Voddie decided he wasn't good enough for her.

I would really like to see Jasmine break away from the SAHD/courtship nonsense. She's obviously very bright - a young woman with moxie, and so much potential.

Or she could just have some unrealistic expectations about relationships considering she was raised by a man who thinks it is a daughter's responsibility to fullfill the role of young woman in her father's life so he doesn't go sniffing around hussies in his middle age.

Voddie is such a creepster. I hope she finds better than daddy dearest.

I would really like to see Jasmine break away from the SAHD/courtship nonsense. She's obviously very bright - a young woman with moxie, and so much potential.

This is so true. Jasmine is one fundie daughter who I think could contribute to society in a very positive way if she could just break away from hyper-fundie-ism. She's not Bria Crawford.

Caught this in her bio:

Jasmine currently serves as a sixth grade teacher at a classical/university model school in Houston.

Not sure exactly what this model is, but sounds like code for some type of religious school.....that is safe for a SAHD.

Noodled around on the google and found this:

Trinity Classical School of Houston

Trinity Classical School of Houston:

Located just 8 miles west of downtown Houston, and servicing the entire Houston & Harris County areas, Trinity Classical School is a college-preparatory Christian school that offers hybrid on-campus and in-home classes for children from Pre-K through 6th grade. On-campus classes meet two days per week (Monday and Wednesday), with at-home learning occurring on the alternate days. We use the Classical curriculum and a University-style approach, and aim to instill excellence of character by integrating Christ-centered, biblical principles as a part of each subject.

Training in manners and good habits such as attentiveness and respect for authority are a vital part of our Pre-Grammar School.

There are links to quite a few of these blended (home school/structured classes) Christian University model "academies."

Caught this in her bio:

Jasmine currently serves as a sixth grade teacher at a classical/university model school in Houston.

Not sure exactly what this model is, but sounds like code for some type of religious school.....that is safe for a SAHD.

Noodled around on the google and found this:

Trinity Classical School of Houston

Trinity Classical School of Houston:

Located just 8 miles west of downtown Houston, and servicing the entire Houston & Harris County areas, Trinity Classical School is a college-preparatory Christian school that offers hybrid on-campus and in-home classes for children from Pre-K through 6th grade. On-campus classes meet two days per week (Monday and Wednesday), with at-home learning occurring on the alternate days. We use the Classical curriculum and a University-style approach, and aim to instill excellence of character by integrating Christ-centered, biblical principles as a part of each subject.

Training in manners and good habits such as attentiveness and respect for authority are a vital part of our Pre-Grammar School.

There are links to quite a few of these blended (home school/structured classes) Christian University model "academies."

It's pretty much a glorified homeschool.

Between this and Lourdes I'd pay good money to see a "Return of the Daughters" retraction video. Maybe the Botkinettes have been so quiet because that's their latest project.

It's pretty much a glorified homeschool.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. "University model" refers to the structure of the class day, while making you think that it is a much higher level education.

I also wondered if there is a remote education model where the instructor (a SAHD, for example) instructs over SKYPE (or am I being needlessly cynical?).

Between this and Lourdes I'd pay good money to see a "Return of the Daughters" retraction video. Maybe the Botkinettes have been so quiet because that's their latest project.

Much as I'd like to think they'd have the decency step up to the plate and make a public statement about the whole VF debacle, and Doug Phillips' alleged sexual and emotional abuse of Lourdes (who, I'd be willing to bet, has never seen a nickel in royalties for her role in ROTD), I sincerely doubt that will ever happen. I have a mental image of the entire Botkin family with their fingers in their ears, chanting "La la la, we can't hear you..."

Much as I'd like to think they'd have the decency step up to the plate and make a public statement about the whole VF debacle, and Doug Phillips' alleged sexual and emotional abuse of Lourdes (who, I'd be willing to bet, has never seen a nickel in royalties for her role in ROTD), I sincerely doubt that will ever happen. I have a mental image of the entire Botkin family with their fingers in their ears, chanting "La la la, we can't hear you..."

Oh, I'm sure they wouldn't. If any of us emailed them asking about it I bet all we'd get is some form letter about humans always being sinful and letting us down but God never will. But I do wonder how much this is starting to damage their credibility. Especially the "staying at home keeps you safe" business. It does if you don't count Dougie's hand up your skirt.

Me too. I'd love a "Where Are They Now?".

Archived