IGNORED

Saying "I don't discriminate" makes the baby Jesus cry

MissA

http://www.towleroad.com/2014/04/afa-leader-says-mississippi-businesses-displaying-gay-friendly-dont-discriminate-stickers-are-bullyi.html

(Not broken because it's towleroad and they dun care)

Basically, the head of the AFA is saying that acknowledging that you care more about making money than punishing gay people is so, SO hurtful to those who feel otherwise. We are so MEAN.

"If you do that, you are agreeing with these businesses that Christians no longer have the freedom to live out the dictates of their Christian faith and conscience ... "

See, I'd have said, ""If you do that, you are agreeing with these businesses that all people have the the freedom to live out the dictates of their own personal faith and conscience ..."

But you know, what do I know? I'm just a member of the rascally Christian left.

the worst part is that this law passed. this one makes the Arkansas law look tame. any christian that wants this is not a christian and does not follow jesus.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-per ... 37856.html

Mississippi, a state that tends to be at the bottom of every index of states -- where bottom is not good -- has passed a misnamed Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Like most government legislation, the name has nothing to do with its actual intent. In effect, it says laws that treat religions neutrally are a burden to religion, and religion should have exemptions not granted to the rest of us. This also says no law can be applied against individuals acting on what they assert to be religious beliefs.

The intent to grant religious people rights not afforded to others. In particular, the right to discriminate, especially against LGBT people, is one they want protected. Others, however, do not have the reciprocal right to discriminate against religious people. For instance, a gay-owned business would still be required to serve religious people, but a business owned by a religious person would NOT be required to serve gay people. The religious right whines that allowing gays to marry is a "special privilege," they want legislation giving them rights denied to others.

Are businesses with the blue sticker refusing to serve religious Christian customers?

Are they demanding to know someone's position on gay rights before allowing them in?

Are they forcing anyone to engage in homosexual acts against their will?

Are they refusing to acknowledge heterosexual partners and spouses?

If the answer to all of the above is no, how exactly is this anti-Christian bullying?

Bonus question: I found both a Red Lobster and a McDonald's selling burgers with bacon and cheese in my area. My religion takes Leviticus very seriously, and this just ain't kosher. Can I complain about anti-Jewish bullying?

OMG. My eyes rolled so far back in my head I nearly passed out. The radical homosexual activists (as opposed to the mainstream homosexual activists?) are forcing!!!! businesses to put a sticker in their window...or not. What happened to Christians standing up for their religion and being persecuted? You don't want to sell to LGBT people? Then don't put one of these stickers in your window. And if the business next to you has a sticker and all of the sensible people shop there and you go out of business? Well then, you can tell your family that you stood up for gay-hatin Jebus.

Ugh. I loathe these wing nuts who want to be cruel and bully others but turn around and cry when they are called on their shit.

Are businesses with the blue sticker refusing to serve religious Christian customers?

Are they demanding to know someone's position on gay rights before allowing them in?

Are they forcing anyone to engage in homosexual acts against their will?

Are they refusing to acknowledge heterosexual partners and spouses?

If the answer to all of the above is no, how exactly is this anti-Christian bullying?

Bonus question: I found both a Red Lobster and a McDonald's selling burgers with bacon and cheese in my area. My religion takes Leviticus very seriously, and this just ain't kosher. Can I complain about anti-Jewish bullying?

But how do you expect them to live in a world where someone disagrees with them? It puts them at great risk that someone in their congregations might have in independent thought. They can't have that.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to "live according to the dictates of scripture," then start a compound, or go move to a country that practices Sharia law since Sharia law is as close to living according to the bible as you can get.

The religious right whines that allowing gays to marry is a "special privilege," they want legislation giving them rights denied to others.

But...but...gay people can still marry someone of the opposite sex! So...so...so they HAVE equal rights!

I know someone arguing that, since there is no right to marry who you love, that gays aren't being denied rights. She doesn't know her teen daughter has a girlfriend.

They do realize that "I don't discriminate" also includes not discriminating anyone because of their religious beliefs ( even if the customer is a homophobe )?

Archived