IGNORED

No Abortion in the Case of Incest, b/c Incest is Consensual

Cleopatra7

Maybe I'm OT here, but I'm so sick of the "exceptions" to abortion, and saying that incest "may be consensual" is just one more way of saying that that the fetuses are humans, Right to Life, is a bunch of BS, and restricting abortion is about punishing women for voluntarily having sex. Period. The humanity or lack thereof of the fetus is not dependent on whether the woman agreed to have sex or who she had sex with.

I agree with that. If you truly believe that abortion is murder, it shouldn't matter at all how that pregnancy came to be. Exceptions for things like rape and incest don't mesh with a 100% anti-choice position. That's why it's becoming relatively common for rape apologists and other woman-hating assholes to come out of the woodwork in these debates, under the guise of being "pro-life" :roll: Of course, most people who are capable of nuanced thinking can recognize that the pregnant woman's life and physical/mental well-being also have value, but some people can't quite grasp that point.

If I remember correctly wasn't there some backlash against him awhile back for not wanting to help families with special needs kids, because according to him only women who've had abortions have children with disabilities, and if she claims to have not had an abortion she's lying. Anyways his thought is disabled kids are a punishment on their parents (their mother mostly) and do not deserve any aid from the state because that would be lessening God's punishment.

If I remember correctly wasn't there some backlash against him awhile back for not wanting to help families with special needs kids, because according to him only women who've had abortions have children with disabilities, and if she claims to have not had an abortion she's lying. Anyways his thought is disabled kids are a punishment on their parents (their mother mostly) and do not deserve any aid from the state because that would be lessening God's punishment.

Any god who would get back at woman for having an abortion by giving a child a disability is not worthy of my belief (IMHO).

And for the record, I have not ever had an abortion and I do have a child with a disability.

That can be taken also to letting starving children starve as doing otherwise is going against God's will. It is interesting God gets all up in a woman's face by punishing her and her child with a handicap but allows murderers and rapists and thieves and countless others move through life unpunished. Given that God has not smitten the Phelps Family Van with a lightening strike, or say, caused a rapists penis to drop off in his hand one day, I"m thinking God doesn't go around punishing individuals for specific sins.

Of course, the whole argument against any abortion goes back to Eve's punishment in the garden was big headed babies....

And guess who just popped up in my Facebook feed? Glamour magazine has an article online right now - along with the voluntary incest, he went with the abortion=disabilities. And there's video proof.

Archived