IGNORED

Jail LBGT’s who don’t pray the gay away

doggie

Well this looser will make Presidential candidate fast.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/03/31 ... n-therapy/

It is a widely held view among the medical community that gay conversion therapy is one hundred percent ineffective. If anything it causes more harm to the patient of the so-called therapy. Unfortunately, not everyone has received the memo. Scott Lively, one of the Republican candidates in the Massachusetts gubernatorial race wants to jail LGBT people who do not submit to the archaic conversion therapy.

Conversion therapy or jail?

Scott Lively made his asinine remarks to the Editor-at-large of Huffington Post Gay Voices, Michelangelo Signorile. The interview was regarding Uganda’s Anti-Homosexuality Act. Lively said he’s “very disappointed†that Uganda “fell back into punitive sanctions,†explaining that he “was urging them to focus on therapy and prevention.†When asked what would happen to people who did not want to submit to the therapy, he had this to say:

“Well then they would take whatever the other alternative is, which was probably going to jail,†he said.

Yes, because jailing people who refuse to submit to conversion therapy is the way to go. Scary that this is a belief held by a man running for governor in the first state to embrace marriage equality.

This is the guy that said he thought Obama was a secret homosexual.

well it would take one to know one I guess.

Ok, assuming for one second that it is ok to force people into this, why would jail be the only option? What about community service, fines, or house arrest?

Not that I think either one of those things is ok, mind you. I'm just saying here would be other options, and jail is a lot extreme. Especially with all the sex abuse that goes on in those places which is not al heterosexual...

Ok, assuming for one second that it is ok to force people into this, why would jail be the only option? What about community service, fines, or house arrest?

Not that I think either one of those things is ok, mind you. I'm just saying here would be other options, and jail is a lot extreme. Especially with all the sex abuse that goes on in those places which is not al heterosexual...

jail stops the gay agenda of course can't be having all those gay meant raping babies and converting young christians.

Because gaybies is contagious. People inflicted with his mental disease who refuse the treatment of prayer are a danger to society and must be removed from it. Duh.

I feel sick typing that even as sarcasm.

If there's a world where Ellen Degeneres and Neil Patrick Harris are in jail and Xgaygreg is happily living on the outside, I don't want to be a part of it.

If there's a world where Ellen Degeneres and Neil Patrick Harris are in jail and Xgaygreg is happily living on the outside, I don't want to be a part of it.

Word!

Because gaybies is contagious. People inflicted with his mental disease who refuse the treatment of prayer are a danger to society and must be removed from it. Duh.

I feel sick typing that even as sarcasm.

I felt such typing mine too, but not as sick as i felt reding the op.

This is the guy that said he thought Obama was a secret homosexual.

Wait, wait! I thought Obama was elected because all the emotionally driven wimmenz voted for him because he was the sexy candidate. Which way is it- heterosexual sex god or secret gay?

Don't forget Scott Lively is currently being tried for crimes against humanity for his part in encouraging Uganda's "kill the gays bill" so putting them in jail is probably something he considers a mercy, he'd say worse if he could get away with it in the US.

Wait, wait! I thought Obama was elected because all the emotionally driven wimmenz voted for him because he was the sexy candidate. Which way is it- heterosexual sex god or secret gay?

No, he was elected because he is a secret Muslim and had tons of campaign money from Saudi Arabia. This is history guys, keep it straight!

Anecdote time: last year I attended the wedding of an ex ex gay man (to a dude, duh). His husband's family made beautiful speeches about how proud and happy they were to have him as a new member, which were made poignant by the absence of his family. Apparently the guy spent years in ex gay groups in his home country. When he moved to Britain, they told him to join a sex addicts anonymous group or similar and not disclose his named issue. He's doing great now, but it pisses me off to think of what he's been through.

Religious homophobes seem to think their actions are benign and they're under attack from a hostile world. Fucking bollocks.

Ugh, really?

Conversion therapy as a mandate? Trying to cure it doesn't work, and certainly even less so if you force the person to go.

Funny story: When I first came out (though better about it now), my mom wanted to send me to Bachmann's clinic (Michelle Bachman's husband ran a conversion therapy thing at the time). I knew that I would be put down and made to feel terrible and be told I couldn't be gay and Christian. So I fought back, and she backed down.

I can't imagine putting the force of law behind such damaging quackery.

Slightly offtopic, but this reminds me of the movie SAVED, where one of the characters is set to "gay conversion therapy", and has a roommate who has the most stubborn case of gay. The obvious ensues.

Slightly offtopic, but this reminds me of the movie SAVED, where one of the characters is set to "gay conversion therapy", and has a roommate who has the most stubborn case of gay. The obvious ensues.

"Is he coming out or not?"

"Not."

Funny story: When I first came out (though better about it now), my mom wanted to send me to Bachmann's clinic (Michelle Bachman's husband ran a conversion therapy thing at the time). I knew that I would be put down and made to feel terrible and be told I couldn't be gay and Christian. So I fought back, and she backed down.

My mom did the same thing!

Archived