IGNORED

Shining stars - magazine for fundie girls

djibouti

Just wondering if anyone's ever heard of/read Shining Stars magazine? A friend of mine had a print copy and I read some of it a couple months ago, and just stumbled across their website.

shiningstarsmagazine.com

You can request a sample issue or back issues... might be an interesting read for some of you.

Just wondering if anyone's ever heard of/read Shining Stars magazine? A friend of mine had a print copy and I read some of it a couple months ago, and just stumbled across their website.

shiningstarsmagazine.com

You can request a sample issue or back issues... might be an interesting read for some of you.

OK She is an Editress....

Since editor is masculine?

And they are as a family hoping to return to Israel.... which is, no doubt, hoping for more christians .

From the issue my friend had it seemed a lot of the readership are those Jews for Jesus sort of people I think... lots of very hebrew names and talk of Israel this, Israel that as well as Jewish holidays.

When I was first reading about SAHDs, this young woman's story stuck me as so depressing: shiningstarsmagazine.com/stay-at-home-wife-interview-with-sharia-hale/

She seems to have gotten a proposal without even previously knowing if the guy was interested in her! And studying midwifery before marriage would make her impure!

There are scores of SAHD interviews on this site, and they all (with about two exceptions) read the same: "I was so blessed to grow up in a conservative home... My parents never presented college as an option... I am into music, Bible study, sewing, and cooking... I love these books about submission/courtship/the ebilness of feminists..." The poor things are obviously so emotionally and intellectually stifled.

When I was first reading about SAHDs, this young woman's story stuck me as so depressing: shiningstarsmagazine.com/stay-at-home-wife-interview-with-sharia-hale/

She seems to have gotten a proposal without even previously knowing if the guy was interested in her! And studying midwifery before marriage would make her impure!

There are scores of SAHD interviews on this site, and they all (with about two exceptions) read the same: "I was so blessed to grow up in a conservative home... My parents never presented college as an option... I am into music, Bible study, sewing, and cooking... I love these books about submission/courtship/the ebilness of feminists..." The poor things are obviously so emotionally and intellectually stifled.

I read the whole interview. Apparently, her husband's father was sexually involved with his oldest daughter. Here's a quote about the response: "After they confronted their father, and he wasn’t repentant, things happened quickly."

So if he HAD been "repentant" about sexually abusing his own daughter, things may have happened differently? What the hell?!

Egads, I can't imagine living the life of a SAHD! Rather be the ebil feminist.

I read the whole interview. Apparently, her husband's father was sexually involved with his oldest daughter. Here's a quote about the response: "After they confronted their father, and he wasn’t repentant, things happened quickly."

So if he HAD been "repentant" about sexually abusing his own daughter, things may have happened differently? What the hell?!

That... is HORRIFYING!

I also can't imagine living in the isolation she talks about in this interview. 60 miles on gravel roads, 15 miles on horseback and cross 13 rivers? It takes me 5 minutes to get to a grocery store and sometimes that feels too long!

Thankfully her husband's father was arrested, and her parents were very kind to invite him and his 14(!) siblings to move in with them.

That... is HORRIFYING!

I also can't imagine living in the isolation she talks about in this interview. 60 miles on gravel roads, 15 miles on horseback and cross 13 rivers? It takes me 5 minutes to get to a grocery store and sometimes that feels too long!

Thankfully her husband's father was arrested, and her parents were very kind to invite him and his 14(!) siblings to move in with them.

This woman married one of the sons of Papa Pilgrim, a horribly abusive super fundie.

And it's not even that he was abusing his daughter or committing incest; the sin was "fornication". IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN IT'S YOUR OWN CHILD.

This woman married one of the sons of Papa Pilgrim, a horribly abusive super fundie.

Just googled him. He really is horrific.

And it's not even that he was abusing his daughter or committing incest; the sin was "fornication". IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN IT'S YOUR OWN CHILD.

I noticed that, too. Big sin: Fornication. Lesser sin: Raping your own daughter? :wtf:

Wowza. I just googled Papa Pilgrim and that is a whole bucket of crazy right there. i tried to find info on the kids, does anyone know if there have been any discussions on FJ or anywhere else about their whereabouts, especially Elishaba (the oldest)? Clearly Joshua is still fundie, and hopefully he is happy married to Sharia.

Wowza. I just googled Papa Pilgrim and that is a whole bucket of crazy right there. i tried to find info on the kids, does anyone know if there have been any discussions on FJ or anywhere else about their whereabouts, especially Elishaba (the oldest)? Clearly Joshua is still fundie, and hopefully he is happy married to Sharia.

outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/The-Darkest-Place.html

is an informative article

Here on FJ:

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10469

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18416&hilit=papa+pilgrim

And here is a MIND BLOWING FACT: Papa Pilgrim and family, while on a road trip, actually stopped and visited STEVE MAXWELL AND FAMILY many moons ago.

adn.com/2007/12/02/2972920/after-hellish-abuse-hale-daughter.html?sp=/99/188/189/4020/4064/&ihp=0#storylink=next

A quick Google of her name netted me this.

When the children bathed in the washtub, they did so with their undergarments on, for, as Hale boasted, none of his children had ever seen a naked human body. Not even their own.

He made them have baths in their underwear because he didn't want them seeing themselves naked?

What about when they changed their clothes, or when they went to the toilet???

I wonder if other fundies do this. It sounds like a Maxwell kind of thing.

This guy sounds horrible!

He made them have baths in their underwear because he didn't want them seeing themselves naked?

What about when they changed their clothes, or when they went to the toilet???

I wonder if other fundies do this. It sounds like a Maxwell kind of thing.

This guy sounds horrible!

We were all born naked. And how can they get clean down there.

Interestingly enough, the Maxwells are friends with the Buck-Hales family(the combined family that formed after Pa Pilgrim was arrested).

This family sounds really familiar to me. I think a year or two ago they went on a trip to the continental US and there were lots of pictures of the family swimming while fully dressed and things of that sort. I read about the whole thing on FJ ...trying to remember the thread now (but not doing well as I have a fever,cough and cold).

This family sounds really familiar to me. I think a year or two ago they went on a trip to the continental US and there were lots of pictures of the family swimming while fully dressed and things of that sort. I read about the whole thing on FJ ...trying to remember the thread now (but not doing well as I have a fever,cough and cold).

I remember that too...one of our poster's quipped "they swim in business casual" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The blog about the road trip went private after FJ found it.

There is a book about Papa Pilgrim. I forget the name of it, but I'll check my kindle and post it soon.

Edit: the title is "Pilgrim's Wilderness - a true story of faith and madness on the Alaska frontier" by Tom Kizzia. It's a very very interesting read.

What I find sad is that when the Buckinghams took in the Hale children and Papa Pilgrim's wife, Rose, they decided Rose was a bad influence on the younger children and found her a small home separate from her children, while the children remained with the Buckinghams. I've always suspected it was because she was moving away fundamentalism once free of her abusive husband, and the Buckinghams and the two Hale daughters who married Buckingham sons were determined to keep the younger kids in the fundie fold. Remember, the Buckinghams are old friends of the Maxwells - Sarah and Teri even flew to Alaska to visit with them years ago.

Wow I didn't know Sarah and Teri went to visit them in Alaska. That really surprises me. The maxwells don't usually have friends like that

Archived