IGNORED

Mothers ban Dads from delivery rooms people get steamed.

Chowder Head

Common sense is not very common. It should be basic hospital policy that any laboring woman get to decide who is present with her for labor and delivery.

At the hospital I gave birth at, they asked who I wanted in the operating room (c-section) and then who was allowed to visit. It was all on a piece of paper that was in my chart.

What I don't get is what he really thought he was accomplishing. If the Judge had said yes, she could have easily told the hospital she didn't want him there and he wouldn't have been let in. The hospital has the control.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What an asshole :wtf:

Around here, both the labour and delivery units and post partum areas are locked. She would have been made a confidential admission here. No identifiers visible, photos posted of who was allowed/not allowed to visit, and no confirmation of admission to anyone.

They do that at the hospital I delivered at too. I thought that was a pretty standard thing now. That's why I don't get what he thought he would accomplish, ya know? (Well, besides royally pissing the mom off and trying to assert dominance over her.)

Since when does ANYBODY have the right to be in with a patient without their consent? (Except In cases where the patient is unconscious, where consent is implied if you're immediate family).

This is no different from me being able to kick my room mate out of my ER cubicle when I had a pelvic exam.

I have no faith left in humanity.

If you have a hospital roommate, you can't kick out their guests. Not all hospitals have private birthing rooms either. One of my cousins labored and delivered in a room with 3 others. If I was a husband, I wouldn't want to be there. Privacy screens won't muffle screams.

Unless the patient is a young child or unconscious, nobody has a right to be in an exam room or delivery room without the patient's consent. Period. End of discussion.

Agree!!

Common sense is not very common. It should be basic hospital policy that any laboring woman get to decide who is present with her for labor and delivery.

A friend of mine who is a nurse in the maternity ward stated to me once that she considers this part of her job. She will kick out any person the woman does not want present. Once she had to "make up a hospital rule" that only two people were allowed at the delivery (excluding medical personal) because a Mother-in-Law was refusing to leave when the woman didn't want her present.

If you have a hospital roommate, you can't kick out their guests. Not all hospitals have private birthing rooms either. One of my cousins labored and delivered in a room with 3 others. If I was a husband, I wouldn't want to be there. Privacy screens won't muffle screams.

This particular room mate I'm referring to was not in be hospital.

I did, however, want to kick out my hospital room mate. She was loud and I was in pain and eventually I did yell at her to shut up. Which worked for ten minutes.

Seriously, no private birthing rooms? Wtf is up with that?!

A friend of mine who is a nurse in the maternity ward stated to me once that she considers this part of her job. She will kick out any person the woman does not want present. Once she had to "make up a hospital rule" that only two people were allowed at the delivery (excluding medical personal) because a Mother-in-Law was refusing to leave when the woman didn't want her present.

After my in laws left, my nurses asked me if I wanted her to kick them out next time. She said she could tell I didn't want them there. She even said the same thing about making up a rule. Considerate nurses rock! :D

No private rooms surprise me, but I guess it isnt that shocking. Could someone stay the night with the patient? At the hospital I had my son at, all the birthing and after rooms were private. You could have as many people stay the night with you as you wished. I don't know how I would have felt sharing either rooms, ya know?

Archived