IGNORED

Mothers ban Dads from delivery rooms people get steamed.

Chowder Head

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/n-j-judge-allows-mothers-ban-dads-delivery-190840513--abc-news-parenting.html

N.J. Judge Allows Mothers to Ban Dads From Delivery Room. Thoughts. Please read the comments a lot are :angry-banghead:

I read two and I had to stop because I could feel myself starting to RAGE...

It's scary how many people believe women's bodies are public property.

That he had the nerve to go to court or that she had to defend her right to decide who was present at the delivery is ludicrous.

That he had the nerve to go to court or that she had to defend her right to decide who was present at the delivery is ludicrous.

But... but... but... PENIS.

I swear, some people really want to go back to women as property. If not in name, in practice.

Mom is the patient, she gets to decide who is there. Period.

I also think dad not being there will not affect his relationship with the kid at all. They don't imprint on you the second they are born for crying out loud. Your relationship is built through years of caring and bonding with them.

I swear, some people really want to go back to women as property. If not in name, in practice.

That's what it sounds like, that women should be nothing more than brood mares and slaves. Also, it wasn't too long ago when fathers weren't allowed in the delivery room. I think it was only in the last 40 or so years that fathers began to be allowed to see their children being born.

So what kind of controlling jackass takes his ex to court for something like this. Control freak, much? If this is how he is the beginning of his child's earthly existence, I feel sorry for birth mom. This man is going to make her life hell for the next 18 years.

Biodad...this is on the internets and will not go away ever. Why didn't you take the money you wasted on a lawyer and suing your baby mom and do something constructive...like start a college fund for your kid?

Once upon a time, fathers weren't allowed in the delivery room by HOSPITALS. Birth is a stressful enough process without having people in there who further stress the pregnant woman. Hell, even animals will seek out quiet, stress-free places to give birth.

I understand why dad wanted to be there to witness his child's birth and empathize with him, but that doesn't mean I support his trying to push his way into a difficult, physically and emotionally stressful situation that could actually complicate his child's birth. Get to know your kid after he/she is born dad. You're not missing out on critical bonding time because you don't see baby being born or have to wait a while to meet him/her.

How do I know? Because I had to wait eight hours after my firstborn's birth to meet him. We've bonded just fine, tyvm.

Once upon a time, fathers weren't allowed in the delivery room by HOSPITALS. Birth is a stressful enough process without having people in there who further stress the pregnant woman. Hell, even animals will seek out quiet, stress-free places to give birth.

I understand why dad wanted to be there to witness his child's birth and empathize with him, but that doesn't mean I support his trying to push his way into a difficult, physically and emotionally stressful situation that could actually complicate his child's birth. Get to know your kid after he/she is born dad. You're not missing out on critical bonding time because you don't see baby being born or have to wait a while to meet him/her.

How do I know? Because I had to wait eight hours after my firstborn's birth to meet him. We've bonded just fine, tyvm.

This was my very first thought when I read about this. If he truly loves his child he won't put it's health at jeopardy by stressing his ex like this.

And on top of that, the judge's name is Sohail Mohammed, and that pisses the fundies off even more. Seriously though some fathers are just worthless in the delivery room, hospital or home. Smuggar is a prime example. And in-laws are even worse. I felt so sorry for Anna cuz of Mullet being there.

So what kind of controlling jackass takes his ex to court for something like this. Control freak, much? If this is how he is the beginning of his child's earthly existence, I feel sorry for birth mom. This man is going to make her life hell for the next 18 years.

Biodad...this is on the internets and will not go away ever. Why didn't you take the money you wasted on a lawyer and suing your baby mom and do something constructive...like start a college fund for your kid?

This is 100 percent about control. He is mad at her and wants to impose himself. Its clear as day. It actually reminds me of the Bode Miller case where he felt the entitlement to demand that his pregnant ex stay in CA while pregnant despite her scholarship to Columbia. It angers me that it even got far enough that they had to go to court, because OF COURSE she is allowed to decide who will be in the delivery room with her.

Common sense is not very common. It should be basic hospital policy that any laboring woman get to decide who is present with her for labor and delivery.

My grandmother is banging her head against the wall for a very different reason. *In her day* men weren't allowed in a delivery room under any circumstances.

It is a very personal thing, a woman could have no one but her midwife/nurse/doctor present, only her mother, only her partner or her whole congregation there as long as it was her decision.

When I was born, it was becoming the norm for fathers to be in the delivery room. My father was in the waiting room when I came screaming into the world. When I asked him why he wasn't there when I was born, he said "because your mother didn't want me there." My mom then piped up and said, hell, no, she didn't want him there, giving birth was hard enough without her having to worry about him too. My dad just laughed. I've somehow managed to bond with him just fine.

Once upon a time, fathers weren't allowed in the delivery room by HOSPITALS.

This was the case when my sister and I were born. He wished he could have been. Anyway, I agree with judge's decision. She's the patient...her choice.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/n-j-judge-allows-mothers-ban-dads-delivery-190840513--abc-news-parenting.html

N.J. Judge Allows Mothers to Ban Dads From Delivery Room. Thoughts. Please read the comments a lot are :angry-banghead:

I think I should be allowed to go into the office when any of these assholes have a prostate exam, I mean after all, if women don't have a right to privacy when their bodies are on display, who should a man?

This is 100 percent about control. He is mad at her and wants to impose himself. Its clear as day. It actually reminds me of the Bode Miller case where he felt the entitlement to demand that his pregnant ex stay in CA while pregnant despite her scholarship to Columbia. It angers me that it even got far enough that they had to go to court, because OF COURSE she is allowed to decide who will be in the delivery room with her.

Totally. I can picture this asshat in the future, saying he shouldn't have to pay child support because his child's mother wouldn't let him in the delivery room and therefore, he didn't bond with the child. Or some such crap.

I didn't know that part of Bode Miller's recent history. It confirms my opinion that he's an egomaniacal ass.

Since when does ANYBODY have the right to be in with a patient without their consent? (Except In cases where the patient is unconscious, where consent is implied if you're immediate family).

This is no different from me being able to kick my room mate out of my ER cubicle when I had a pelvic exam.

I have no faith left in humanity.

I also think dad not being there will not affect his relationship with the kid at all. They don't imprint on you the second they are born for crying out loud. Your relationship is built through years of caring and bonding with them.

Amen.

This hits a sore spot... my mother was at the birth of 4 of her 5 grandchildren. There was no way for her to make it to the birth of my middle kid because we were out of state and my sister's kid was due the same week. Not a big deal for me, and none of my kids can remember their births, of course, but my mom will occasionally bring up that she just doesn't feel as close to this child because she wasn't at his birth. That's all on her, frankly (plus that kid is a very logical, scientific boy child... less warm and fuzzy than the other kids by nature).

Anyway... so glad the judge ruled with logic.

I see a new user title in the making ;)

Medically speaking , HEPA an all, every human is given the right to medical privacy. Unfortunately a lot of people that are commenting the article feels its the ex;s right to be there, "since he seen it anyway" and she had sex with him anyway so why can't he come on in." :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :cray-cray:

Archived