IGNORED

NC GOP candidate says Planned P'hood wants to kill newborns

RosyDaisy

Good grief. :roll: When will these nutsos just quit, already?

And at first, you had me. I thought Pissing Preacher was killing babies. :lol:

I don't think these people realise that in history, a lot more people killed their unwanted newborns because they were pregnant and didn't want to be a parent. With giving people access to information on how to avoid pregnancy, birth control options and abortion, Planned Parenthood is preventing the murder of newborns, by making sure that it actually coming to that point where someone doesn't want a baby so much theyre willing to give birth in secret and then kill it, is rare.

Well how far will [it] go? Last year, February 29, 2012, the Journal of Ethics in Australia, they debated that. They said we already know abortion is fine, why stop in the womb?

Well, in the womb they are dependent on another person's body for survival. Despite what conservative nutjobs think, even human incubators women are still allowed bodily autonomy. After birth that no longer applies, which is why abortion is legal and infanticide is not. It's really not that complicated :roll:

In the same speech, Brannon said women get abortions because of the same nihilistic worldview that causes them to believe in evolution. "We have people who believe they evolve from nothing, they came from nothing, they'll go to nothing, and today doesn't matter, so when they have a mistake, why not move on?" he said.

I'm pretty sure it's conservative christians who believe that they are nothing, that they are worthless worms who deserve eternal torment. They also believe that today doesn't matter because ETERNAL LIFE. Otherwise why would they be more concerned about where people go when they die than how they live? And because anti-choice assholes make me mad:

abortion-sends-babies-to-god-faster_thumbnail1.jpg

Just when you think Texas had it on lock, NC seems more and more likely to medal in the crayzee olympics :cray-cray:

I don't think these people realise that in history, a lot more people killed their unwanted newborns because they were pregnant and didn't want to be a parent. With giving people access to information on how to avoid pregnancy, birth control options and abortion, Planned Parenthood is preventing the murder of newborns, by making sure that it actually coming to that point where someone doesn't want a baby so much theyre willing to give birth in secret and then kill it, is rare.

It doesn't matter to them what the truth is or what reality dictates. They demand that abortion be banned and as a result, no babies or fetuses die. They refuse to acknowledge that as a result of banning abortion, more babies and fetuses will die/be terminated. Everyone should just bow perfectly to their mandates and the figures/numbers will automatically fall in line with what they want. :roll:

No to take away from the seriousness of the topic, but when I opened this thread I was expecting a GOP rep to have said something about the pissing preacher. I was mildly disappointed.

That said, that GOP rep is an idiot.

Alabama just passed the fetal heartbeat abortion legislation. Doesn't that require a vaginal ultrasound in the early weeks of pregnancy? If so, then it is sexual assault.

Edited: Nevermind... I Googled it.

Hopefully, Dim Bulb, Mullet, Smuggar, et al will go campaign for this asshole.

Mods can you change PP to Planned Parenthood?

Not only does Planned Parenthood not want to kill newborns, it also wants to decrease abortions by increasing access to contraception. This is the only reliable method of preventing unwanted pregnancy. They have done more, by far, than the religious right to actually decrease abortion rates (and they have decreased). The US has one of the world's highest abortion rates due to lack of easy access to contraception and lack of a good safety net for unmarried mothers. Both of these are opposed by the religous right which makes me wonder how much they really want to end abortion....

Holy God. this OB went to USC for undergrad and medical school in Chicago, OB residency in Los Angeles... How can someone that's intelligent enough to go to some of the best colleges in the US be such a dumb ass?!? Like how did he make it through without, you know, logic?! I will forever be baffled by people that are well educated yet CHOOSE to hold onto such antiquated and foolish beliefs.

ugh, I am watching this video right now, and he hasn't addressed the PP murdering babies yet but I am so angered by this in general. He keeps calling pregnant women "little girls". It is just an extension of the mandatory waiting laws and informed consent bullshit that says that women are not adult enough to make their own decisions about their bodies.

ugh, I am watching this video right now, and he hasn't addressed the PP murdering babies yet but I am so angered by this in general. He keeps calling pregnant women "little girls". It is just an extension of the mandatory waiting laws and informed consent bullshit that says that women are not adult enough to make their own decisions about their bodies.

Seriously!?!?!? Is this guy really referring to pregnant women as "little girls". That is rude and insulting and shows a complete lack of respect for women. When I was pregnant with my son, I was a grown ass adult with a college education and a professional career. I had a house built while I was still single. I traveled the world by myself. Those are not the actions of a "little girl". The are the actions of an intelligent adult who can make her own decisions without having to run to the nearest male for help.

Alabama just passed the fetal heartbeat abortion legislation. Doesn't that require a vaginal ultrasound in the early weeks of pregnancy? If so, then it is sexual assault.

Edited: Nevermind... I Googled it.

Okay, this is off-topic, and I apologize for that. But I've heard the equation between a vaginal ultrasound and sexual assault before. I'm not disputing that, but I've always understood (and experienced) that you need to get gynecological exam/pap smear to get a prescription for birth control. I'm not sure how that would be any different from needing a vaginal ultrasound for an abortion (on the sexual assault side-- there are plenty of differences in general).

I mean, in both cases, you very likely could be forced to have an uncomfortable procedure involving your sexual organs in order to get a medical benefit/procedure you do want (birth control prescription or abortion). Is there a difference here? And if so, what is it? I was very uncomfortable in my first exam and only went because I wanted/needed birth control...

Again, not trying to start a fight-- just trying to understand.

I think the main problem with requiring something like that is because of the people who want an abortion because they were raped, and are likely to find further things being inserted into their vaginas so soon after they have been raped to be traumatizing and make things worse.

It doesn't matter to them what the truth is or what reality dictates. They demand that abortion be banned and as a result, no babies or fetuses die. They refuse to acknowledge that as a result of banning abortion, more babies and fetuses will die/be terminated. Everyone should just bow perfectly to their mandates and the figures/numbers will automatically fall in line with what they want. :roll:

Unfortunately, reality has a well-known liberal bias.

I swear on all I love I knew a man, who claimed to be a "radical feminist" and liberal, who believed in fourth-trimester abortions. Yes, LIVING BABIES ALREADY BORN. He said a mother should get to decide, and not even the father should be able to overrule her and demand his born-child get to live.

I think the main problem with requiring something like that is because of the people who want an abortion because they were raped, and are likely to find further things being inserted into their vaginas so soon after they have been raped to be traumatizing and make things worse.

An abortion is through the vagina, so how is an ultrasound probe worse than a speculum and other instruments?

It's that it is unnecessarily invasive. They used the abdominal one on me, and i was only 5/6 weeks, when I had one and it worked fine. They're using the tranvaginal as punishment.

It's that it is unnecessarily invasive. They used the abdominal one on me, and i was only 5/6 weeks, when I had one and it worked fine. They're using the tranvaginal as punishment.

THIS! 1000 x This.

I've been on BC for years and no one made me get a Pap smear for it... So I'm not sure how necessary that is, either.

A trans vaginal ultra sound is hella invasive, not to mention potentially traumatic.

I've been on BC for years and no one made me get a Pap smear for it... So I'm not sure how necessary that is, either.

A trans vaginal ultra sound is hella invasive, not to mention potentially traumatic.

I voluntarily have had them. They are awkward but not horrible. The key word here, though, is VOLUNTARILY. I can't imagine being pregnant, scared and forced to have one. I've heard horror stories of CPCs being deliberately rough to punish "harlots."

THIS! 1000 x This.

It's not only unnecessarily invasive, it's completely unnecessary period. Pap smears and vaginal exams are important parts of health care for women. Vaginal U/S serves no medical purpose for the vast majority of uncomplicated early term terminations.

An abortion is through the vagina, so how is an ultrasound probe worse than a speculum and other instruments?

An early abortion, which is what the majority are, involve pills and is like a heavy period.

Archived