IGNORED

Texas GOP judge beat teenage daughter gone

doggie

A Texas family court judge lost his seat in Tuesday’s primary election nearly three years after his daughter posted video of him beating her with a belt.

Aransas County Attorney Richard Bianchi narrowly defeated Judge William Adams in the Republican primary election, according to unofficial vote counts.

finally the looser is gone took long enough.

The 53-year-old Adams had not faced an opponent since he was elected in the 2002 GOP primary.

His daughter posted a video in 2011 that she had secretly recorded seven years earlier, when she was 16 years old, that showed her father whipping her with a belt as he berated and threatened her over illegally downloaded computer files.

He was suspended from the bench in 2012 after state officials ruled that the videotaped beating showed actions that were not becoming of a judge.

The State Commission on Judicial Conduct also ruled that his actions had cast doubt on his ability to be impartial, particularly in family law cases, but said he was still a good judge.

Lawyers told investigators they thought Adams was fair, even if they did not always like his courtroom demeanor.

Cases that involved allegations of physical violence against children were transferred to another court since Adams was suspended.

Bianchi will take the bench in January because no Democrats had filed to run against the winner of the GOP primary.

A Texas family court judge lost his seat in Tuesday’s primary election nearly three years after his daughter posted video of him beating her with a belt.

Aransas County Attorney Richard Bianchi narrowly defeated Judge William Adams in the Republican primary election, according to unofficial vote counts.

finally the looser is gone took long enough.

The 53-year-old Adams had not faced an opponent since he was elected in the 2002 GOP primary.

His daughter posted a video in 2011 that she had secretly recorded seven years earlier, when she was 16 years old, that showed her father whipping her with a belt as he berated and threatened her over illegally downloaded computer files.

He was suspended from the bench in 2012 after state officials ruled that the videotaped beating showed actions that were not becoming of a judge.

The State Commission on Judicial Conduct also ruled that his actions had cast doubt on his ability to be impartial, particularly in family law cases, but said he was still a good judge.

Lawyers told investigators they thought Adams was fair, even if they did not always like his courtroom demeanor.

Cases that involved allegations of physical violence against children were transferred to another court since Adams was suspended.

Bianchi will take the bench in January because no Democrats had filed to run against the winner of the GOP primary.

Glad he's gone. He should have been removed from the bench once that video came to light. Hope his successor is a better man and judge.

Finally. That took too long.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I remember when the judge defended himself at one point by saying that his daughter only did this because he quit supporting her financially. As if that totally justifies him beating the living hell out of her with a belt. He definitely should have been gone sooner.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-judge-vi ... d=17697990

What the hell did I just watch. I mean both parents beat her and then he left and came back. All I could think was if this wasn't as bad as it looks, I hate to see what would qualify as bad in his eyes.

Both parents should have been put in jail. Full stop.

I don't think what he did was even illegal.

Yeah, someone who beats their kid for downloading songs off Limewire would make an impartial judge. :roll:

This guy should have been thrown off the bench a long time ago.

I wonder what his daughter is doing now...I wonder if the judge has tried to reconcile?

Archived