IGNORED

Child dies after being forced to drink soda

Curious

I was thinking the same thing but it was such a strange punishment poor kid stuck with worthless parents. but if they were just the right type of Christian it would never happen.

I was thinking the same thing but it was such a strange punishment poor kid stuck with worthless parents. but if they were just the right type of Christian it would never happen.

The parents look like tweekers. I suppose they could be fundie tweekers, but I think meth took over their brains regardless of what ever other issues they have.

I also reflexively look to see if they are religious, but they usually end up being run-of-the-mill assholes. Usually there's some divorce or step-parent situation involved. There was a story a year ago about a couple that punished their son by denying him water during a heatwave. There was even a point where they fed him a peanut butter sandwich, then refused to give him water to wash the peanut butter off of the roof of his mouth. The boy died of dehydration after several days. I'm not usually one for "eye for an eye," but in these cases of child cruelty . . .

Oh my god, no. Apparently she drank her stepmother's soda after being told not to do so. I can just imagine how it went on from there. Sometimes I'm glad the US has such high prison sentences, I hope they're charged with murder and never get out again.

Forcing children to drink is a thing used by Attachment Therapy... This poor little girl is maybe a new Candace Newmaker

[list=]

Forcing children to drink is a thing used by Attachment Therapy... This poor little girl is maybe a new Candace Newmaker

I don't think so. If you read the story it sounds like they were abusive and neglectful jerks who were already moving around to avoid the authorities. They definitely don't sound like people who were in therapy for anything. Just your run of the mill evil monsters ( who in my opinion, look like they are on meth, but that could be totally wrong )

That poor baby had already been removed from her bio-mom's care. This was her dad and his wife, where she went to live after being with an abusive mom.

I *really* don't think they knew that she could die from this. Because they were mean and dumb. The *only* good thing is the million other kids they had between them are now in foster care and maybe they will have good lives.

Unfuckingbelievable.

Wasn't there a radio contest where people have to drink gallons of water and some woman died from it? For a Wii or PS3 or something?

Unfuckingbelievable.

Wasn't there a radio contest where people have to drink gallons of water and some woman died from it? For a Wii or PS3 or something?

Yes. She drank gallons of water to win a Wii. She won, then died. Darwin awards all the way around on that one. The radio station had to pay 16.5 million to the woman's husband, though.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules-ra ... id=8970712

Yes. She drank gallons of water to win a Wii. She won, then died. Darwin awards all the way around on that one. The radio station had to pay 16.5 million to the woman's husband, though.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules-ra ... id=8970712

I shouldn't have read this, that sent shivers down my spine. How can you drink seven litres of water without thinking ONCE that it might be dangerous? That poor, stupid woman.

I think it might be because of the idea that because water is necessary to live, that it is ALWAYS good and you can't possibly have too much. Water intoxication is a real thing.

I think it might be because of the idea that because water is necessary to live, that it is ALWAYS good and you can't possibly have too much. Water intoxication is a real thing.

I was going to write how that's common sense, but then I thought again, you're probably right, if you've never heard of water intoxication and are.. not the smartest person in the world, how would you know.

MONSTERS!!!! :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-fire: :angry-teeth: :obscene-birdiered:

• 2 weeks later...

Were they thinking something like "if she drinks enough she will hate it and never snag an unauthorized soda again."?

What happened to No Dessert. Go sit in the corner. No game time? Chugging like a frat boy? Cruel to such a tiny little lass.

I hope they get the proverbial book thrown at them.

Were they thinking something like "if she drinks enough she will hate it and never snag an unauthorized soda again."?

What happened to No Dessert. Go sit in the corner. No game time? Chugging like a frat boy? Cruel to such a tiny little lass.

I hope they get the proverbial book thrown at them.

If they were going for that, there are other ways; making her drink one soda a day for a week or month would work better, but even then, it's still problematic.

Archived