IGNORED

Mazzou's Melliflous Memories/VF, Costumes & M. Thomases

nelliebelle1197

mazzoumemories.blogspot.com

This is a blog I read and post on here occasionally. It is updated randomly, usually with a flurry of posts. The author is a 22 year old SAHD in the same social group as the M. Thomases (she photographs the boys A LOT). Marjo, the blogger, is 22, has British affectations, and seems to have the same kind of costumed, Vision Forum-influenced, affluent family as the Thomases, though without the bizarreness of a Jordan. Marjo has several newish posts up, in which she features family birthday parties (in costume!), dances (in costume!), Revolutionary War reinactments (in costume!), weddings (practically in costume!), the words "Oriental parasoul" because .... I got nothing on that one....

The Thomas family NEVER stays home! Does anyone know what Pa Thomas does for a living to afford to be on the road for months at a time? Last time they were gone for 6 months and Ma Thomas manages to make it to almost every birth of her grand babies. Two of the sons work and share an apartment. Yes they do LOVE to dress up in costumes. Very attractive family. Still can't believe Melissa married Jordan! Thought he was a racist and gay.

I wish she posted more, she's a total train-wreck. The perfect mix of clulessness, over-wrought language, and a hint of racism. Also, what's with the Serbia obsession?

The Thomas family NEVER stays home! Does anyone know what Pa Thomas does for a living to afford to be on the road for months at a time? Last time they were gone for 6 months and Ma Thomas manages to make it to almost every birth of her grand babies. Two of the sons work and share an apartment. Yes they do LOVE to dress up in costumes. Very attractive family. Still can't believe Melissa married Jordan! Thought he was a racist and gay.

They lived in MA for years & then Pa got a job with Raytheon in OK (themthomases.blogspot.com/2010/10/nh-splendor.html) so they moved there several years ago.

The Thomases have been chugging the VF/Patriarchal koolaid for a long, long time, and apparently still don't see any problems with any of it.

Marjolaine is a kind of French pastry, then maybe someone realized it was a little crazy so the next kid is named Jessica, but THEN- Elodie, Alexandre and Laura-Lise. My word.

I wish she posted more, she's a total train-wreck. The perfect mix of clulessness, over-wrought language, and a hint of racism. Also, what's with the Serbia obsession?

I believe she's of Serbian descent. There were some clues in older posts of hers, but I can't remember them now.

She also has a review of a "GREAT Ken Ham book!"

mazzoumemories.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-01-23T20:13:00-06:00&max-results=5

Later in the day according to Jessica's brilliant idea (must be something about turning 18...I wouldn't remember. It was too long ago), we set off for a ''tramp'' in the random wilderness across the road from us! It began as Jessie's personal inspiration and probably would have succeeded if it had stayed thus. But as soon as we reached a point of impenetrable briars and were about to turn back to our safe home and birthday fun, I enthusiastically espied a wee space in the thicket and feeling quite rabbit-ish dove in. Of course all my easily-impressionable siblings followed.

Truly, once one enters a briar patch there is no turning back. Especially when one finds the ''river'' (a half-dried up stream) and longs to discover how long it will take to reach the portion at the end of our street! Long story short, Sam and I finally had to give in to reason and decided the stream was longer than imagined. We swallowed our pride and made the shout to ''turn back''. By now it was getting suspiciously dark-er in the sky. And we had forgotten to mark our crazy trail. Instantly my imaginative mind flooded with visions of 8 siblings spending the rest of their life (or at least a night... which is awfully similar when one only has one bag of trail mix and one water bottle to share between 8 individuals) in the wilderness. Our mother would panic until our poor father would come with that trusty tool known as a flashlight (which we brave adventurers had of course forgotten, along with the traditional compass) and the birthday would be an absolute flop. sniff.

Thankfully, none of these forboding premonitions came about thanks to the sharp eyesight of yours truly who happened to glance down at the exact same persimmon which she had seen on the way in...and who ran into the same spider's web she had discovered earlier...and thus our path was kept true and we broke out of the brambles and poison ivy into a world of evening sunshine!

Then I remembered that one of us had the cell phone which would have prevented an early death for all of us if the occasion arose. Oh well. A little excitement is good for the....legs? (you should have seen us dashing about....)

Why do all these sorts of fundies think that writing like this makes them sound smarter? It just makes her sound like she is 13.

The theme for her birthday party was "Colonial Malta." That's . . . an unusually specific theme.

For the record, I have sort of peripherally heard of "Malta" via the dog breed "Maltese." I actually had to look it up to see if it was still a country and not a holdover from, say, the Ottoman Empire or something. This round's bonus points go to the fundies!

Well, Colonial Malta is slightly less offensive than the "Native American Theme!"

These people spend a lot of time and money with the costuming, themed meals and photo shoots. You know, like Jesus tells us to. I believe it was in the book of Franck, the Wedding Planner.

Well, Colonial Malta is slightly less offensive than the "Native American Theme!"

These people spend a lot of time and money with the costuming, themed meals and photo shoots. You know, like Jesus tells us to. I believe it was in the book of Franck, the Wedding Planner.

They don't appear to do anything to help anyone but themselves, but I bet they would claim to be better Christians than pretty much all the other Christians.

Later in the day according to Jessica's brilliant idea (must be something about turning 18...I wouldn't remember. It was too long ago), we set off for a ''tramp'' in the random wilderness across the road from us! It began as Jessie's personal inspiration and probably would have succeeded if it had stayed thus. But as soon as we reached a point of impenetrable briars and were about to turn back to our safe home and birthday fun, I enthusiastically espied a wee space in the thicket and feeling quite rabbit-ish dove in. Of course all my easily-impressionable siblings followed.

Truly, once one enters a briar patch there is no turning back. Especially when one finds the ''river'' (a half-dried up stream) and longs to discover how long it will take to reach the portion at the end of our street! Long story short, Sam and I finally had to give in to reason and decided the stream was longer than imagined. We swallowed our pride and made the shout to ''turn back''. By now it was getting suspiciously dark-er in the sky. And we had forgotten to mark our crazy trail. Instantly my imaginative mind flooded with visions of 8 siblings spending the rest of their life (or at least a night... which is awfully similar when one only has one bag of trail mix and one water bottle to share between 8 individuals) in the wilderness. Our mother would panic until our poor father would come with that trusty tool known as a flashlight (which we brave adventurers had of course forgotten, along with the traditional compass) and the birthday would be an absolute flop. sniff.

Thankfully, none of these forboding premonitions came about thanks to the sharp eyesight of yours truly who happened to glance down at the exact same persimmon which she had seen on the way in...and who ran into the same spider's web she had discovered earlier...and thus our path was kept true and we broke out of the brambles and poison ivy into a world of evening sunshine!

Then I remembered that one of us had the cell phone which would have prevented an early death for all of us if the occasion arose. Oh well. A little excitement is good for the....legs? (you should have seen us dashing about....)

Why do all these sorts of fundies think that writing like this makes them sound smarter? It just makes her sound like she is 13.

I'm going to help her actually make a long story short. "We went for a walk and wandered off the trail. We were worried we wouldn't be able to find our way back, but we did. Our life is actually quite boring."

Her sister is equally nutso savoriesoflife.blogspot.com

I believe they are Eastern European by way of Quebec (or atleast have strong ties to both regions)

And this appears to be where they all get their costumes:

armstreet.com

How the heck do these people have so much loot?

And this appears to be where they all get their costumes:

armstreet.com

How the heck do these people have so much loot?

Ouch...Armstreet is spendy! (And frankly, one could *make* better-quality costumes for a LOT less if, like just about every fundy female out there seems to be, one is familiar with sewing.

/makes her own reasonably-accurate 16th-century kit, tyvm

Archived