IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell's broken engagement scrubbed from the blog

SPHASH

In searching for the post regarding Joseph getting dumped by Liz I noticed that it was gone. All references to the engagement are gone except for this one: blog.titus2.com/2012/08/14/headed-for-the-mountains-thursday/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course they're scrubbed. Can't make money trying to sell people on Steve's, um, er, god's chosen way of courtship if you have five unmarried adult offspring and a failed courtship to your record.

The Ministry of Truth has spoken. Joseph Maxwell was never engaged. There has never been an Elizabeth Munck. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Big Brother loves you.

The Ministry of Truth has spoken. Joseph Maxwell was never engaged. There has never been an Elizabeth Munck. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Big Brother loves you.

sparkles, may I kiss your ring? ;)

Here's one thing they missed: bedbathandbeyond.com/store/giftregistry/view_registry_guest.jsp?pwsToken=&eventType=Wedding&registryId=12889205

Big Brother loves you.

when something goes wrong, first thing you do is erase the woman from the story.

Here's one thing they missed: bedbathandbeyond.com/store/giftregistry/view_registry_guest.jsp?pwsToken=&eventType=Wedding&registryId=12889205

So much cream and taupe. So Maxwell.

So much cream and taupe. So Maxwell.

Engagements come and go in Maxhell, but wedding registries endure forever...

Setting the time for how long it will be until that is taken down. . . . .

Are you sure? We discussed the missing post when the engagement ended.

Maybe it was on the Wayback Machine, but I'm pretty sure it was on the blog like 3 months ago.

And that my friends, is why we have the waybackmachine!!

And because I'm drinking and don't have anything better to do, I took screen shots of the whole goddamn thing. Take that, Steve! You can delete a lot of shit, but you can't delete my screen shots! They're evidence!!! Pfffft!!!!!!!

Of course they're scrubbed. Can't make money trying to sell people on Steve's, um, er, god's chosen way of courtship if you have five unmarried adult offspring and a failed courtship to your record.

TWO failed courtships. I can't remember if it was Nathan or Christopher who had a failed one before their marriage.

It was Christopher. And I think some of the Munck stuff was up there back last su.mmer. I remember being surprised to find it.

Big Brother loves you.

:lol: I haven't read anything this good in a long time (and I read Free Jinger every day, so that's saying something!).

So are they just hoping the old fans will forget and the new ones just won't know anything about it? Things don't always turn out perfect and it's good the reverse kids see that. I'm just wondering what Steve had to say about Elizabeth backing out. Do any of those people realize how hard they are making their lives? Poor Mary has know clue to how hard it will be for a guy to get permission to marry her. Do you think she will ever realize she can make her own decisions when she turns 18?

What kind of mental stress do you suppose that puts Joseph under? He has to deny that he ever liked Elizabeth, proposed to her, was planning a life with her. That can't be healthy.

What kind of mental stress do you suppose that puts Joseph under? He has to deny that he ever liked Elizabeth, proposed to her, was planning a life with her. That can't be healthy.

And he's reminded every time he goes over to his house. He bought that house to offer her a home just before he proposed....

So are they just hoping the old fans will forget and the new ones just won't know anything about it? Things don't always turn out perfect and it's good the reverse kids see that. I'm just wondering what Steve had to say about Elizabeth backing out. Do any of those people realize how hard they are making their lives? Poor Mary has know clue to how hard it will be for a guy to get permission to marry her. Do you think she will ever realize she can make her own decisions when she turns 18?

Old fans will know, but the Maxwells probably don't worry too much about that because they are scrupulous about making sure that no commenters to their blog (or the MOTH boards) can ever identify any other posters and thus contact each other outside of the blog/board.

On top of that, Steve-O censors all the comments before they ever go up (rather than just removing stuff afterward), so if any of those long time readers post comments about the failed engagements, those comments never see the light of day and so new fans would have no idea.

Probably the most likely place for someone to find out about the Maxwells' less than successful Dating Game is to google them and find links here.

On a lark, I just googled: "Steve Maxwell" courtship

(quotes just like that) and the first hit is Titus2, but the second hit is to FJ, and there's a pile of "related" hits, one of which starts out "Joseph Maxwell and Elizabeth share..."

Immediately below that is a link to yuku, titled "Sarah Maxwell: What will be her fate?"

...so yeah, Steve can scrub their blog as much as he likes but people have been fascinated enough about them for a long time now so google is full of commentary they can't do a thing about, even before anyone tries the wayback machine on their actual blog.

I believe the scrubbed the engagement and wedding-related posts shortly after the wedding was called off, but left the "Broken Hearts" post where they announced that the wedding was off. This post was still there last I checked (last month?). Now I can't find it.

Archived