IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell's broken engagement scrubbed from the blog

SPHASH

.... Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Big Brother loves you.

What's espically sad is that none of the fundies would get the above quote.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's espically sad is that none of the fundies would get the above quote.

I'm not fundie, and I still don't get most of that quote... Has there ever been a war with east Asia?

I'm not fundie, and I still don't get most of that quote... Has there ever been a war with east Asia?

It's from 1984, Trynn:) I wouldn't have recognized it except I ended up rereading it on vacation a couple of years ago.

In Orwell's 1984, the ministry of truth is the arm of big brother's government responsible for retconning history, erasing people and events (sound familiar?). So, for example, even though you know that Oceania has been at war with Eurasia, you might wake up one morning to find that Oceania is at war with Eastasia, always has been, and you'd damned well better believe it.

It's definitely worth a read, along with The Handmaid's Tale. So many parallels to fundi-ism. Junior Anti-Sex League, anyone?

This is a club meant to indoctrinate young women into not having sex. The party knows that the sex instinct is the hardest to control, especially for men. Women control access to this so the party wishes to brainwash them. The junior anti-sex league indoctrinates young women to reject sex for pleasure. Sex is to be an unwanted act only necessary for procreation (by orders of the party with people chosen by the party.)

Except, of course, if you're Lori Alexander, who would consider it fear duty to put out even if she were hooked up to a ventilator and on her death bed.

My step grandma actually told me she and my grandfather were not having sex when he was on his deathbed.

I really REALLY did not need to know that. Anyway, I can't imagine sex was ever on their minds during that time. The thought hat it ever could be is just... Sickening.

The scrubbing of their website offers a glimpse into the Maxwellian mindset. I think the family's motto is to "white-out" anything that doesn't fit into their worldview. It's part of their isolationist behavior. Don't like "Row, row, row your boat"? White it out! It's nonBiblical! Don't like having to break engagements because it goes against the concept of courtships protecting hearts yadda yadda? Delete it from memory. I think the Maxwells think "out of sight, out of mind". It's the same way they treat all their posts. Only the white-washed, carefully crafted poses are shown. Their world is tightly controlled, sealed airtight. Their website is likewise run that way as well.

What kind of mental stress do you suppose that puts Joseph under? He has to deny that he ever liked Elizabeth, proposed to her, was planning a life with her. That can't be healthy.

How much of his heart did he give her? Is he used chewing gum now?

Maybe her family demanded it?

I don't know that Steve-o is really one to give in to what someone else wants (especially if Mama Munck asked). I think they're just trying to act like the failed engagement never happened because it sullies their public image.

I don't know that Steve-o is really one to give in to what someone else wants (especially if Mama Munck asked). I think they're just trying to act like the failed engagement never happened because it sullies their public image.

:lol: Stevie listen to anyone?! They did the same thing when Chris broke his first engagement. Can't have anything spoiling the merchandise! :music-tool:

How exactly do you get engaged to someone without feelings being involved at all?

Or, in Maxwellspeak, without giving away a piece of your heart?

I recall Christopher, when he was engaged to Sara, writing that Jesus was knitting their hearts together in love, or something like that. So, obviously the L word is used for engaged couples.

So when Jesus' knitting comes unraveled how are pieces of hearts not already given away?

Part of me kind of understands why they would do this. Just thinking about what happens on facebook when a couple breaks up- they often delete albums and untag pictures. Having things up for all to see can be a painful reminder. While they may have done it to keep up images it may have also been an honest attempt to help Joseph out. If I had broken off an engagement I am not sure I would want my families blog to have tons of pictures of it up.

My step grandma actually told me she and my grandfather were not having sex when he was on his deathbed.

I really REALLY did not need to know that. Anyway, I can't imagine sex was ever on their minds during that time. The thought hat it ever could be is just... Sickening.

My mom told me that she and my stepdad were having sex when he had a stroke. They were in their late 70's, maybe he was 80 already. I think I let out the biggest ewwwwwwwwwww Mom, brain bleach screech.

Maybe Steve (Hi Steve!!!!) thinks if it's not there it's not the truth, since anything and everything that they produce is the truth and dwells on Jesus and his death for our salvation. Funny how they never mention anything about the great love and compassion Jesus had for all, saints and sinners. Maybe they black out those portions of the NT. :cray-cray:

I wonder if there is a courtship in the works for him. I can see why I'd scrub it if I was wooing someone else. No one wants to see reminders of an ex around.

I wonder if there is a courtship in the works for him. I can see why I'd scrub it if I was wooing someone else. No one wants to see reminders of an ex around.

That is exactly what I was thinking!

In Orwell's 1984, the ministry of truth is the arm of big brother's government responsible for retconning history, erasing people and events (sound familiar?). So, for example, even though you know that Oceania has been at war with Eurasia, you might wake up one morning to find that Oceania is at war with Eastasia, always has been, and you'd damned well better believe it.

It's definitely worth a read, along with The Handmaid's Tale. So many parallels to fundi-ism. Junior Anti-Sex League, anyone?

Except, of course, if you're Lori Alexander, who would consider it fear duty to put out even if she were hooked up to a ventilator and on her death bed.

Lori will have stirrups on her death bed, just in case Ken wants some.

I'll forget about this broken courtship when one of the poor girls gets the hell out of there. Any other life has to be better

I'll forget about this broken courtship when one of the poor girls gets the hell out of there. Any other life has to be better

Have to agree!!

Lori will have stirrups on her death bed, just in case Ken wants some.

He seems like the kind of guy who will try it nomatter what-I wouldn't even trust him not to stop if she was completely brain dead. And then when it cant go on any longer he will remarry the week after the funeral just because he cant think about not having sex.

Part of me kind of understands why they would do this. Just thinking about what happens on facebook when a couple breaks up- they often delete albums and untag pictures. Having things up for all to see can be a painful reminder. While they may have done it to keep up images it may have also been an honest attempt to help Joseph out. If I had broken off an engagement I am not sure I would want my families blog to have tons of pictures of it up.

I can certainly understand why the average Facebooker or blogger would want to erase the bad memories of a broken relationship, especially if a new one is in the works, but the Maxwells are neither Facebookers nor your typical blogger. Instead, they hold themselves up as a model of Christian behavior and their "ministry," from which their income is derived, is based on teaching others to follow their example. Scrubbing their blog, editing comments and otherwise revising history is not only dishonest and deceitful, but by not addressing the issues directly and explaining how Jesusy the failed courtships really were just proves that their relationship model is just a big fucking epic FAIL and no better or worse than the typical dating path (minus the s*x, of course). Methinks god might just have a teensy bone to pick with Stevie's behavior.

How much of his heart did he give her? Is he used chewing gum now?

According to their own teaching, yes indeed, he is like yucky old used chewing gum.

I can certainly understand why the average Facebooker or blogger would want to erase the bad memories of a broken relationship, especially if a new one is in the works, but the Maxwells are neither Facebookers nor your typical blogger. Instead, they hold themselves up as a model of Christian behavior and their "ministry," from which their income is derived, is based on teaching others to follow their example. Scrubbing their blog, editing comments and otherwise revising history is not only dishonest and deceitful, but by not addressing the issues directly and explaining how Jesusy the failed courtships really were just proves that their relationship model is just a big fucking epic FAIL and no better or worse than the typical dating path (minus the s*x, of course). Methinks god might just have a teensy bone to pick with Stevie's behavior.

Good point I guess the main problem with having a personal blog that you are using for other purposes is that at some point you have to decide which is more important- the family or the ministry. I think that the blending of their family and their ministry has led to some interesting events.

I think he is probably looking for a wife. From reading his smug, pompous blog posts, I get the feeling that he is the most like his father of the bunch. Women are interchangeable for him - I think he is just wants someone pretty to look at that meets all his needs. I get a very cold vibe from Joseph that I don't even get from Christopher. I think he will be a sadistic prick to his wife and children just like daddy.

Archived