IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell's broken engagement scrubbed from the blog

SPHASH

BTW, I wonder what happened to that resource for young men they were working on. It was supposed to be about the types of careers and training young men could pursue so that they would be able to support families on one income.

Wait, when did they say they were writing a book on training men for jobs? I would love to read what they have to say about that! I think they hesitate to write that for the same reason that they won't write a courtship book. Some of their guys are not successful at branching out. Sure it's one thing if one or two decide to work for the family business but when all five sons do the same type of work and all work for a family....it makes it seems like all the sons are dependent on daddy for a job. It's just like the courtship think: hard to tout yourself a success when everyone looks at you as a failure.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, when did they say they were writing a book on training men for jobs? I would love to read what they have to say about that! I think they hesitate to write that for the same reason that they won't write a courtship book. Some of their guys are not successful at branching out. Sure it's one thing if one or two decide to work for the family business but when all five sons do the same type of work and all work for a family....it makes it seems like all the sons are dependent on daddy for a job. It's just like the courtship think: hard to tout yourself a success when everyone looks at you as a failure.

Ugh, I'm trying to remember when that was. They were asking blog readers to give them "testimonies" of young men that were starting businesses or pursuing careers that didn't require a college education, or any other training.

Someone asked them if they had any advice for those that were interested in careers that generally do need college, like engineering or medicine. Their only reply was something like "I think this resource will be of interest to you".

Haven't heard a thing since.

But then, there were also hints about a courtship book, which also didn't pan out. I think you are right, no one wants to take advice from people that look like they are failing.

Ugh, I'm trying to remember when that was. They were asking blog readers to give them "testimonies" of young men that were starting businesses or pursuing careers that didn't require a college education, or any other training.

Someone asked them if they had any advice for those that were interested in careers that generally do need college, like engineering or medicine. Their only reply was something like "I think this resource will be of interest to you".

Haven't heard a thing since.

But then, there were also hints about a courtship book, which also didn't pan out. I think you are right, no one wants to take advice from people that look like they are failing.

Here's where they asked for testimonies about being debt free: blog.titus2.com/2013/09/27/you-can-help/

They actually already have a book about preparing sons to provide for a one-income family: titus2.com/preparing-sons.html

Edited to remove live link.

Ah, that's the blog entry, thanks! Okay, the resource is about being debt-free and buying a house debt-free, but the implication is that you don't go to college and you have a career that doesn't require you to go into debt.

I would have expected them to be finished with that by now, or at least have heard some other mention of it.

StupidSteve doesn't realize it is possible to attend college and not occur any debt. One of my nephews is completing his 2nd year of college. He has scholarships, works 3 jobs, and has no "debt". He received no help from his parents other than the ability to live at home. He also maintains a solid "B" average.

StupidSteve doesn't realize it is possible to attend college and not occur any debt. One of my nephews is completing his 2nd year of college. He has scholarships, works 3 jobs, and has no "debt". He received no help from his parents other than the ability to live at home. He also maintains a solid "B" average.

I am in the middle of getting a second bachelors and MBA. The bachelors is in my subject matter for work which will make career growth better.

I already have a bachelors and a masters and did not incur debt to do so. I am not saying everyone is going to be able to do it, or that everyone should, but it is possible.

A couple years ago I took an online course to be a travel agent. I took the class through an online school like University of Phoenix. Only cost me $650 and I paid for it with my tax refund. No debt at all. And I was able to take the class in the comfort of my own home with no heathens around. So fuck you Steve.

Yes, but you were all exposed to humanistic, atheistic, evolutionistic, feministic , homosexualistic ideas. Now all if you are going to the hot place when you die.

Something to think about...

Archived