IGNORED

Have Any of You Gone to the TLC Forum About the Duggars?

luckylassie

Yes. I was lurking once and Sharla (is that her name?) said that she was going to delete all of Suzanne DeAz's posts if she continued (or something along those lines). Chrislukas must have friends that run the TLC blog because she continually pokes fights with other posters but I have yet to see her disciplined or cautioned in any way.

Yes. I was lurking once and Sharla (is that her name?) said that she was going to delete all of Suzanne DeAz's posts if she continued (or something along those lines). Chrislukas must have friends that run the TLC blog because she continually pokes fights with other posters but I have yet to see her disciplined or cautioned in any way.

Oh really, that's interesting. I only go over there once and a while, must have missed that. She was truly obnoxious with the Duggar love. She not only drank the kool-aid, she bathed in it.

Yes. The Duggars Without Pity board is heavily moderated. Although, I have seen mudslinging on the TLC board go through with no moderation at all. I guess it's just when the mod there is active that they enforce moderation?

Oh really, that's interesting. I only go over there once and a while, must have missed that. She was truly obnoxious with the Duggar love. She not only drank the kool-aid, she bathed in it.

..while doing keg stands and Kool-Aid pong with it..it takes a really special snowflake to do all of that at the same time ;)

Kool aid pong? You just gave me a great game idea I can play at my next b-day party! I've tasted real beer before and didn't really like it.

I've posted on both boards before.... you definitely have all the names right on both boards. I've pretty much given up on the TLC board due to the chris character, and there's really never any new postings because of her. TLC doesn't seem to control it either way.

DWop is heavily moderated, but all sides seem to be allowed. TWOP lets quite a bit through

IMO I think that everyone should be able to share their personal opinions. Chrislukas shouldn't have the right to control a forum or make others stop posting.

I decided to mosey on over to the TLC forums (I've never bothered to read there) and WOW I'm convinced that ChrisLukas is a Duggar or some affiliate of a Duggar! The retorts are downright comical! I mean, she ( and I believe ChrisLukas is a female) defends EVERYTHING about them. Talk about brainwashed!

Yes. I lurked yesterday and that woman/man whatever she is sounds like she maybe one of the Duggars posing under another name. Her ego must be huge. Other posters have even told her to use the "ignore" button but she won't. She apparently has no respect for the rights of others to post their opinions but continually flashes hers to no end.

It appears not to matter to Chrislukas who she attacks or for what reason. She does it because she.....I don't know the reason, but for someone who is as "Christian" as she claims to be I'm seeing a lot of hate coming out of her. Ah, what's the use? Seriously though, who does the woman (or man) think she is? She really needs to be knocked off of her high horse.

I wonder if ChrisLukas has ever visited this board? Without biased mods to protect her, she probably wouldn't remain here.

The posters who are guessing that she is affiliated with the Duggars are probably right. She never disagreed with anything that the Duggars did.

I didn't watch the Duggars' show this season, so I haven't been to the TLC forum in a while. I've never posted there, but I used to lurk quite a bit, especially before I found FJ. One problem with Chris Lukas is that she views the Duggars in quite an unbalanced way. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen her disagree with or disapprove of anything they've done. No one is perfect, so you'd think there'd be something they've done that she doesn't quite agree with. Her total and utter devotion is kind of disturbing in a way. Many of us here disagree with the Duggars on a lot of things, but I think that most of us acknowledge that they have some good qualities as well. It's not total disagreement all the time. Chris, on the other hand, is ALWAYS pro-Duggar. Personally, I think she needs to take off her rose-colored glasses. Even the Duggars, as smug as they can be at times, admit that they make mistakes.

Agreed. The Duggars do admit that they are not perfect. It just angers me when someone does not respect the opinions of others and flaunts their own personal opinion the way that Chris does.

It appears not to matter to Chrislukas who she attacks or for what reason. She does it because she.....I don't know the reason, but for someone who is as "Christian" as she claims to be I'm seeing a lot of hate coming out of her. Ah, what's the use? Seriously though, who does the woman (or man) think she is? She really needs to be knocked off of her high horse.

I read a couple of her annoying posts and found where she referred to her husband. I think this means in the fundie world that she is a woman.

I gave up on the Duggars' show midway through last season, so I haven't been to the TLC forums. Doesn't sound like a place I want to visit, either. I can't bear to read the rants of hardcore Duggar apologists!

I also can't read comments on any of the People magazine articles about them anymore. The first few comments are always from people who think they have too many kids, don't like their fundie beliefs, etc. Then the angry comments come in from rabid Duggar fans and arguments ensue.

The TWOP board is OK, except for that damn Howard mod who feels the need to snip anything from a post that he/she feels doesn't belong there. Power trip much?

..while doing keg stands and Kool-Aid pong with it..it takes a really special snowflake to do all of that at the same time ;)

I read and sometimes post on DWoP. I found it before I found FJ and it's still in my google reader, though I have thought for my own sanity a view times that I should get rid of it. I don't have cable so I have stopped reading the episode threads. I have noticed Suzanne is gone (thank God or whatever!) There has been some interesting comments there on the Peru trip, and they even stared a thread on Gothard with a link to this article: http://www.religiondispatches.org/archi ... tics/4094/“taliban_dan’sâ€_teacher%3A_inside_bill_gothard’s_authoritarian_subculture. It may have been discussed on the old board, but I found it very interesting.

Archived