IGNORED

Jahi McMath case in California

bionicmlle

.iphoneogram.com/u/44927213 Here is link to the uncles instagram... lots of "gonna sue" and "you should sue" from the moment he got into the mix.

.iphoneogram.com/p/629790747383733024_44927213/ This particular pic hit me wrong.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iphoneogram.com/p/637145930300299288_44927213/

post-315-14451998637728_thumb.jpg

This one is more interesting... at the 49ers playoff game??? The "cheap" seats were going for $350 and these most certainly were not the cheap seats. Why is an attorney at a playoff football game with a "charity" client, likely dropping $2k on tickets alone?

Ahhh yes, football games are of the up most importance whilst your niece is hooked up to a vent and you're desperately trying to raise funds to keep her on said vent. Uncle Show Me The Money is a sleazeball. I believe there were no pictures of this loving uncle with Jahi before her death. I find that odd, especially since they were so close.

I have to disagree about Mom not being a grifter. I believe she's in on it - just staying in the sidelines because her brother is clearly better at it and they've realized that it might look a bit fishy if Mom was up front and center.

Ahhh yes, football games are of the up most importance whilst your niece is hooked up to a vent and you're desperately trying to raise funds to keep her on said vent. Uncle Show Me The Money is a sleazeball. I believe there were no pictures of this loving uncle with Jahi before her death. I find that odd, especially since they were so close.

I have to disagree about Mom not being a grifter. I believe she's in on it - just staying in the sidelines because her brother is clearly better at it and they've realized that it might look a bit fishy if Mom was up front and center.

I feel sorry for the little brother who said Jahi washed his clothes and made his breakfast (something like that). He will genuinly miss her.

The uncle "get those dollars up" is obviously not helping out with the laundry.

The lawyer seems slightly pained in that photograph.

Let me get this straight. They were at the NFC Championship game. The same game for which the Seahawks blocked anyone with a California address from purchasing tickets, which means that there's a higher chance the tickets were purchased through a reseller, which in turn means they paid a good chunk of money above face value. Oh, and the game was not in San Francisco. So there's travel and lodging costs. But they need money to keep the machines going?

There is also the possibility that the tickets were comped. Still. If they're so concerned with Jahi's well-being, I would think they'd be by her side instead of at a sporting event.

Son of a bitch! I'm not even gonna mind my words. I'd like to kick a football up his sorry ass!

Let me get this straight. They were at the NFC Championship game. The same game for which the Seahawks blocked anyone with a California address from purchasing tickets, which means that there's a higher chance the tickets were purchased through a reseller, which in turn means they paid a good chunk of money above face value. Oh, and the game was not in San Francisco. So there's travel and lodging costs. But they need money to keep the machines going?

There is also the possibility that the tickets were comped. Still. If they're so concerned with Jahi's well-being, I would think they'd be by her side instead of at a sporting event.

Correct. Some people would literally give a testacle to see that game so... if they really needed money... perhaps they should have sold them???

I think mom is in on it too, or there would have been some pictures at least at first of her daughter on the vent (ie, look what they have done to my baby." Someone knew to keep the pictures for the trial, and that public sympathy would be tough.

Mr. McMath/Dad was around at the very beginning, then no one saw him any more.... I wonder about that as well.

There are no monthly payments rolling in. She's been declared dead and a death certificate was issued. The government is informed when deaths occur so the payments can be stopped. Should the family receive payments they aren't entitled to then they'll be required to repay the overpayment.

I thought that the death certificate had not yet been signed?

They sent it from the hospital to the coroner back in December and that's why the hospital released the body to the coroner. The doctor has long since signed it. The coroner has not yet performed an autopsy so it can't be finalized with a cause of death. The date of death won't change though. That's why I said if she is receiving payments of any government benefit it won't benefit the family because they would have to pay it back to the time of death.

Since I know people are also following the pregnant Texas woman, here is an article on her. The baby is indeed abnormal:

rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/22/attorneys-brain-dead-pregnant-texas-womans-fetus-is-abnormal/

Hadn't before, but now I am. What a horrible story.

Apparently the baby was only 14 weeks gestated when the accident happened? That's not even halfway "done" yet!

Though it seems there have been some few precedents. Here's an article from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/01/23 ... ts-in.html (leaving the link, it's a major daily)

The condition of the mother’s body while on life support only adds to the difficulty and complexity, Spike said. In the 1990s case, the baby born after 100 days is still doing well today, he said. But the period of gestation was horrific.

“When trying to make a decision about keeping a brain dead mother on life support for a hundred days, it’s good to realize that there is going to be a gradual process of death and decay that will become more and more obvious,†he said. “Even in the first week, when it looks like she’s sleeping, it gets worse and worse and it’s going to get harder and harder for the family to visit.â€

So yeah, Jahi's been dead now for a month? Can't be good.

Concerning the deceased pregnant woman in Texas, let me throw something else into the mix. What if the dead woman was an Orthodox Jew and, thus, would have to be buried within 24 hours of her death? There would be quite a problem if her religion dictated one thing and the State of Texas dictated another.

Concerning the deceased pregnant woman in Texas, let me throw something else into the mix. What if the dead woman was an Orthodox Jew and, thus, would have to be buried within 24 hours of her death? There would be quite a problem if her religion dictated one thing and the State of Texas dictated another.

I think Muslims share that belief as well. Interesting.

The hearing on the Tx lady is today. The attorneys have said the fetus has fairly severe defects.

Should be quite the hearing.

I'm not sure what the Orthodox Jewish position is on brain death. When I went to an Orthodox Hebrew school they basically told us to never take someone off life support because "there could be a cure tomorrow" and that doctors just want to cut the cord sooner so the body could be used for organ transplants.

Now I'm an adult and I'm trying to parse out the bullshit I was told. At the Reform synagogue where I go, the Adult Education committee is organizing a panel on brain death with the rabbi, neurologists, and medical ethicists.

I think Muslims share that belief as well. Interesting.

The hearing on the Tx lady is today. The attorneys have said the fetus has fairly severe defects.

Should be quite the hearing.

Severe defects will make no difference, as every fetus has the right to be born......even if incubated in its dead mother...and the fetus will be lifted out via Csection and be dead itself. But THANK GOD for those far--seeing Texas legislators who fought for the right to life. Bastards.

Discussion of California law which may be affecting McMath situation:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mari-fage ... 45768.html

This was brought up by the uncle when he said by keeping her on the vent, they were going to sue for some high number (30 Million???) instead of the "chump change" they would get if she were dead. But-- given how very many physicians from the hosptial and from outside sources that the family helped pick have declared her dead, using every legal test they can, it strikes me that their case that she is alive very weak. She died when the hospital said she did. The attorney is fighting for the change of the law in the article, and another group of lawyers specifically used Jahi in advertisments to get this law changed (which her attorney decried, but hey... whatever works)

The public facebook page called Keep Jahi McMath on Life Support has what someone is saying is a video of jahi moving her foot in response to ice. It is from some anonymous source and shows only feet moving to an ice cube-- no face, no context. To me, it is clearly BS. Sadly, I can't comment because I made a comment that was deemed not supportive. Hundreds of suckers followers are loving this and seeing it as proof she'd getting better.

I am always amazed how stupid people can be.

Put beside what the Texas husband is saying of the condition of his wife's body it makes it even more unbelievable.

The public facebook page called Keep Jahi McMath on Life Support has what someone is saying is a video of jahi moving her foot in response to ice. It is from some anonymous source and shows only feet moving to an ice cube-- no face, no context. To me, it is clearly BS. Sadly, I can't comment because I made a comment that was deemed not supportive. Hundreds of suckers followers are loving this and seeing it as proof she'd getting better.

I am always amazed how stupid people can be.

And it's probably just a reflex - some reflexes are just "local loops", they don't involve the brain but just local nerves up to the spinal cord. It must be a huge disconnect to see that and still have to realize it doesn't necessarily mean the person is still alive so I could understand why the family is hanging on to that... (and judging by the rest of the case I'm sure the doctors explained this to them and they just can't/won't wrap their mind around it) :(

And it's probably just a reflex - some reflexes are just "local loops", they don't involve the brain but just local nerves up to the spinal cord. It must be a huge disconnect to see that and still have to realize it doesn't necessarily mean the person is still alive so I could understand why the family is hanging on to that... (and judging by the rest of the case I'm sure the doctors explained this to them and they just can't/won't wrap their mind around it) :(

I personally am not even convinced it is Jahi's foot. I suspect her feet are in worse condition that that. I can't find her family posting it, just some third hand person on facebook. No person's face is on the video, so who knows who is in the bed or who is recording it. I am so cynical I don't think it is anyone related to the family,

No faces, no time stamp, submitted apparently by a third party, what could be wrong?

Even if it is recent, and even if it is her, the clip demonstrates a reflex arc which only involves the spinal cord anyway.

This stuff is covered in high school biology, it's really not difficult to understand. If Jahi's mother really believes this is showing brain function, I'm interested as to why none of her medical 'experts' haven't filled her in. Then again, her medical team either don't exist at all, or, if they do, they're quite okay with performing invasive procedures on a corpse. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Check out the crazy comments at the National Catholic Register site:

ncregister.com/daily-news/jahi-mcmath-case-renews-moral-debate-over-brain-death-diagnoses/

What scares me is that some of the commenters have said that they are removing the "organ donation" check on their driver's license. Is advocating against organ donation going to be the next step in the pro-life strategy?

Archived