IGNORED

Phil Robertson reinstated -- Praise de LAWD!

Rainytown

what these Christians can't understand is just because these duck plucker's preach what they want to hear does not mean it is what none Christians want to hear. it actually chases people away from the church in droves. So they are not doing what the bible wants them to do.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's... I think the word I'm looking for is sacrilegious? I'm just going to settle for 'wow', that works. It seems like the comments are starting to swing towards "how over the top," which is a little bit of consolation.

ETA: In order to match all the posts on their Fan Club site, I would like to revise my above comment to say "wow, Jack."

This one just showed up in my FB feed (keeping in mind that I have previously hidden/blocked a bunch of people/pages that put up DD crap). I will just say - my opinion of the intelligence/reasoning ability of the person who shared this just took a huge dive. I honestly thought she was smarter (naive, but smarter) than this.

And yes, I think this image is sacrilegious. (Shaking head).

I've seen lots of commentary on both sides. The one thing I think should come with Duck Dynasty, and would be the responsible thing of A&E to do, is to start putting a disclaimer at the beginning of the show. Something along the lines of the views represented don't necessarily reflect the views of A&E. Otherwise, I think it's safe to assume that the network sees nothing wrong with anything he said- in any of the interviews he's given previously or will give in the future. If that were the case, I think there would be absolutely nothing wrong with a boycott campaign for any and all of A&E's sponsors.

Phil may be a 'character' in a reality show, and therefore his (real) opinions part of his shtick, but when you start saying the kinds of things he did, they have real-world implications for people who he denigrates (see the anonymous letter by the young gay man from the DD family's hometown, and the comments on articles about it, as an example). I think it's incredibly irresponsible for a network to not distance themselves from that at least a little bit.

One of my conservative but usually reasonable relatives actually shared a link to a Phil Robertson Support Group (or some such nonsense) FB group. I hit the Hide and Block options with the speed of light.

I just saw this in my FB feed and my head literally exploded. What the ever loving fuck? The comments are equally full of WTF.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Sorry, I don't know how to add an image to a post.

This just popped up on my fb feed yesterday. All I could do was shake my head and roll my eyes. Comparing DD to Jesus and his disciples? Dear fundies and other DD worshippers: Please look up the following words in the dictionary (and Bible for that matter)- Sacrilegious and Blasphemy. :angry-banghead:

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this here, because it's more about the show than about the despicable Phil.

So all the man-anus publicity has died down along with the all-important holiday retail sales season, and we're seeing the episodes that were ***gasp!!!!*** left in limbo in the 9 days that we didn't know if the show would go on.

Tonight's involved Uncle Si wearing a helmet-cam trained on himself, and another camera around his torso to record the doings of the guys in the warehouse. Pregnant with laugh riots, right?

I stopped the DVR'ed episode and erased it when the guys' talk of "Uncle Si taking a long time to go bathroom because that's what happens with old age" turned into footage of the old man's face as he gleefully gave a second-by-second account of his sphincters finally opening and giving him sweet, sweet relief.

I'm not a prudish person.

I regard bodily functions as facts of life rather than things of shame.

But that was it for me and DD. No more watching. Not even the first-season episodes that used to tickle my funnybone.

However, I will be asking my conservative pals who enjoy the show what they thought about the episode. They're not uptight people by any means, but they do have standards, even though they couldn't fault Phil for his nasty speech in the GQ interview.

It'll be interesting to hear whether they thought it was stupid and gross .... or if they spin it as, y'know, just as rednecky-cray-cray as Sugar Bear posing in a bubble bath for Mama June's excitement (Sugar Bear and Mama June are Honey Boo-boo's parents, for those still blissfully uninitiated into redneck reality. And FTR I thought Sugar Bear in bubbles was icky but as he's never said anything about Uncle Poodle's opinion on lady parts, I have no opinion on the matter. And I only saw him in previews. While I was watching "The Little Couple" re-runs. Just ftr, again. ;) )

I just saw this in my FB feed and my head literally exploded. What the ever loving fuck? The comments are equally full of WTF.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Sorry, I don't know how to add an image to a post.

Alexis from the Real Housewives of OC posted this pic and got so much flack for it she took it down.

Holy crap, that's disgusting. Please tell me that he wasn't filming himself taking a dump???

I'm sorry: although you asked so politely, I can't tell you that.

I'm sorry: although you asked so politely, I can't tell you that.

Because on top of being hateful, bigoted, racist, and homophobic, the Robertson men now believe that their audience eagerly awaits the filming of their bowel movements. Although maybe there's some logic to it - die-hard Duck fans clearly have no problem embracing other types of crap endorsed by Duck Dynasty, so why not do it in the literal sense?

Ratings gold, right there.

:puke-front:

How come Smuggar and all of the righteous Christians who defend this show have no problem with scatological humor? It's such a glaring blind spot in things that should seem objectionable. In one of the Duggar episodes when they had a baby shower, they played a game where they melted chocolate candy bars into diapers and people had to lick them to guess which ones they were. I was dry heaving just watching that.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the SOTU address and almost choked when a news-person was talking about Willy Robertson being there and basically holding court before the president got there. I know he and his wife came as guests of a rep of LA, but seriously, WTF? They were at the press dinner a while back I think, and now this. Hell, Graham from SC extended an invitation to them later that evening. Are they Republican rock stars with high ranking groupies, or was this just a case of trying to look conservative by association? I ask again, WTF? I just can't wrap my mind around the fuckery of this. Enjoy it now, Willyboy. The market is saturated and the numbers have started dropping 8-)

ETA because I really can spell

I watched the SOTU address and almost choked when a news-person was talking about Willy Roberts being there and basically holding court before the president got there. I know he and his wife came as guests of a rep of LA, but seriously, WTF? They were at the press dinner a while back I think, and now this. Hell, Graham from SC extended an invitation to them later that evening. Are they Republican rock stars with high ranking groupies, or was this just a case of trying to look conservative by association? I ask again, WTF? I just can't wrap my mind around the fuckery of this. Enjoy it now, Willyboy. The market is saturated and the numbers have started dropping 8-)

Can you imagine what the right wing backlash would have been had it been Democrats inviting and fawning over reality tv stars? We would have heard all about the lack of gravitas and celebrity worship of liberals.

Archived