IGNORED

Lay off Josh Duggar's Weight?

luv2laugh

Hi all. I've been noticing that it seems like a lot of people like to make fun of Josh Duggar and his weight and I don't know, I just don't think that's really nice. Don't mind me, I really can't stand him either! But, I mean there's a lot of other people that have the same issue as him and no one says a word about their weight. Please don't take offence, I am just wondering if we should try to lighten up on making fun of his weight. Who knows what he is going through. He could be under a lot of stress or even have health issues and not be able to help it. You know what I mean? It's just my opinion to snark on other things about him like his arrogant attitude (Which I can't stand!) but it's only my opinion so it doesn't matter if you still want to or not. I just made this post because weight issues are sensitive and it's just something I've kept in mind I guess.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people make fun of his weight but in all honesty, most of the snark when it comes to Josh comes from the fact that he's extremely selfish and arrogant. The weight joke is just kinda thrown into the mix but it's mainly of his attitude he throws out to others.

oh yum, a concern troll.

Um, no. All I'm saying is that it is not really nice to make fun of anyone's weight. Regardless on if we agree with the person or not. What is so hard to see about that? I don't understand.

I know a lot of people make fun of his weight but in all honesty, most of the snark when it comes to Josh comes from the fact that he's extremely selfish and arrogant. The weight joke is just kinda thrown into the mix but it's mainly of his attitude he throws out to others.

Yeah I agree that it is okay to talk about that stuff and not even like some of the things a person says but again, I personally don't believe in making fun of people's appearances.

I think it's also related to his laziness...

All I'm saying is that it is not really nice to make fun of anyone's weight. Regardless on if we agree with the person or not. What is so hard to see about that? I don't understand.

There's nothing "hard to see," its that I don't agree. If you're a selfish, arrogrant fuckup who perpetrates an abusive religion that demeans and dishonors women,and do it all on national television while being a slimy, oily fuckward, anything about you is fair game.

Additionally, snarking is not by nature nice and snuggly. Go ahead, wring your hands over his feelings and be concerned about his "stress," but I frankly don't give a fuck and will continue to make whatever comments I wish to make as long as they abide by the user rules and terms of service.

Hi all. I've been noticing that it seems like a lot of people like to make fun of Josh Duggar and his weight and I don't know, I just don't think that's really nice. I mean there's a lot of other people that have the same issue as him and no one says a word about their weight. Why? Because it's not really nice. Please don't take offence, I am just wondering if we should try to lighten up on making fun of his weight. Who knows what he is going through. He could be under a lot of stress or even have health issues and not be able to help it. Who even knows if he is reading the comments about him on here. You know what I mean?

Being "nice" is the farthest thing from my mind. Smuggar puts himself in the public fishbowl. He carries a "holier than thou" attitude and tells others how to live their lives. He holds himself and his family as an example of "good" Christian living and a family the other VF/ATI sheeple should emulate. Everything he does is fair game for criticism, including his frequent visitiation to fast food and high consumption of processed garbage. This is a snark site, not a fan site and we don't have to be "nice."

There's nothing "hard to see," its that I don't agree. If you're a selfish, arrogrant fuckup who perpetrates an abusive religion that demeans and dishonors women,and do it all on national television while being a slimy, oily fuckward, anything about you is fair game.

Additionally, snarking is not by nature nice and snuggly. Go ahead, wring your hands over his feelings and be concerned about his "stress," but I frankly don't give a fuck and will continue to make whatever comments I wish to make as long as they abide by the user rules and terms of service.

Okay, and that is fine. You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine.

Being "nice" is the farthest thing from my mind. Smuggar puts himself in the public fishbowl. He carries a "holier than thou" attitude and tells others how to live their lives. He holds himself and his family as an example of "good" Christian living and a family the other VF/ATI sheeple should emulate. Everything he does is fair game for criticism, including his frequent visitiation to fast food and high consumption of processed garbage. This is a snark site, not a fan site and we don't have to be "nice."

I agree! I don't think it's right for anyone to have that attitude and try to tell people how to live their lives. I really dislike arrogance also.

I would agree that there are so many OTHER things to mock about Josh Duggar, I too wish we didn't snark so much on his weight. But I fully admit that's because I have weight issues of my own and have been obese in the past, so I'm sensitive to this type of thing.

Somehow I can't find myself giving a crap about Josh Duggar. He and his family make me ill and they promote their agenda at every turn. They sold themselves to the media and deserve pretty much whatever comes along with being 'television personalities'.

I would agree that there are so many OTHER things to mock about Josh Duggar, I too wish we didn't snark so much on his weight. But I fully admit that's because I have weight issues of my own and have been obese in the past, so I'm sensitive to this type of thing.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Yeah, I actually agree. I don't care about Josh's feelings, but I think it's really crappy to make fun of someone's weight, no matter how they got there. Even if you just mean to make fun of Josh, it's pretty hurtful to everyone else out there with weight issues.

Somehow I can't find myself giving a crap about Josh Duggar. He and his family make me ill and they promote their agenda at every turn. They sold themselves to the media and deserve pretty much whatever comes along with being 'television personalities'.

It's not really about giving a crap about Josh (I don't either) - it's about whether or not it's ok to mock anyone's weight. Why is weight something to mock? That's my issue. To me it's like mocking a person's physical disability....it's just not right.

Guest Anonymous

ITA. It's kind of a cheap shot. As much as I don't care for the guy, weight gain and obesity can often be a sign of underlying issues such as anxiety or depression. I don't think it's right.

I don't mock anyone's weight and I don't think it is right to do so!

However, it doesn't bother me that much on a personal level, because, as people said, they are just making fun of many aspects of him because of his horrid personality and beliefs. That is the root of why they snark, not his appearance.

Correct me if I am wrong, but , doesn't Gothart instruct women that they should maintain a slim figure, despite birthing as many babies as possible? Not to minimize those who have weight issues, but double standard? If I choose to snark on Josh's weight, it is because he is a follower of Gothard, and a smug smarmy bastard. I'd prefer to address his other sadsack qualities, but I don't feel like I need to consider his feelings. I've struggled with weight too, it is a cheap shot, but not one I want FJ to tell me I can't take.

I mean, should we not make fun of Doug and his interns because there might be a gay person offended? I should hope not.

I get my feelings hurt when people say certain things here, sure, but they aren't talking about ME.

Guest Anonymous

That seems a little... excessive. Why does somebody who expresses a difference in opinion get labeled as a troll so quickly? I think it's a bit premature to assume that just because she shows a little empathy for the guy being the target of fat jokes automatically makes her a proponent of his entire lifestyle. Jeez.

I think most people are snarking the weight gain more then his actual weight, if that makes sense. It shows to most people he's not talking care of himself, maybe because he doesn't know how to, maybe it's his holier than thou personality. It's not like he's a single young guy, he has a wife and two very young kids and in their lifestyle he's meant to be the only provider (I know his family helps but still).

It's not really about giving a crap about Josh (I don't either) - it's about whether or not it's ok to mock anyone's weight. Why is weight something to mock? That's my issue. To me it's like mocking a person's physical disability....it's just not right.

Weight is (more often than not) determined by choices the person has made for their life, whether it be poor food choices or lack of exercise--a physical disability is not. Weight is also different than a physical disability in that you can lose weight (either through dieting, excercise, or surgery)--you can't lose a physical disability.

That seems a little... excessive. Why does somebody who expresses a difference in opinion get labeled as a troll so quickly? I think it's a bit premature to assume that just because she shows a little empathy for the guy being the target of fat jokes automatically makes her a proponent of his entire lifestyle. Jeez.

Concern troll- "A person who lurks, then posts, on a site or blog, expressing concern for policies, comments, attitudes of others on the site. It is viewed as insincere, manipulative, condescending." (Taken from Urban Dictionary). I feel it fits here. The entire first post is "I don't like him! Don't worry! I agree with you! BUT BE NICE KIDS OKAY?"

Also she's edited her post at least twice and its a lot less judge-y judge-y shame-y shame-y than it was a bit ago.

ETA: Okay, as of posting now she's edited it five times. It was a lot concern troll-y and controlling a few edits ago. It seems like she's editing it to fit the tone of thread.

Somehow I can't find myself giving a crap about Josh Duggar.

I couldn't pick him out of a lineup, so I'm pretty sure I don't care, either.

Concern troll- "A person who lurks, then posts, on a site or blog, expressing concern for policies, comments, attitudes of others on the site. It is viewed as insincere, manipulative, condescending." (Taken from Urban Dictionary). I feel it fits here. The entire first post is "I don't like him! Don't worry! I agree with you! BUT BE NICE KIDS OKAY?"

Also she's edited her post at least twice and its a lot less judge-y judge-y shame-y shame-y than it was a bit ago.

ETA: Okay, as of posting now she's edited it five times. It was a lot concern troll-y and controlling a few edits ago. It seems like she's editing it to fit the tone of thread.

I edited my posts to explain that while I don't agree with everything about his lifestyle, It's still my opinion that his weight shouldn't be made fun of. If you still want to, fine that's your opinion and I have a right to mine.

I've never commented on Josh's weight.... because I don't feel that it is part of what should be commented on. His weight is up to him, and what he and Anna decide to eat. It's not part of what makes him objectionable to me..... that is his arrogance, and his holier-than-thou attitude. I agree with the original poster, leave his weight alone.

I've never commented on Josh's weight.... because I don't feel that it is part of what should be commented on. His weight is up to him, and what he and Anna decide to eat. It's not part of what makes him objectionable to me..... that is his arrogance, and his holier-than-thou attitude. I agree with the original poster, leave his weight alone.

This is pretty much my position, too. There's enough meat for the roasting (please pardon the expression) in relation to the attitudes & opinions & general incompetence of the Smuggar Family that weight seems like a trivial and limited snark subject.

Also, "LOL UR FAT" is the last refuge of people who don't have anything funny to say

Guest Anonymous

Being nice to a lazy fat phuck whose family thinks mine is gonna burn in the firey lake is a stretch even on my best of days. Hell, I'm happy when my DD nails me for being five pounds over my target wt or not working out daily.

As to that boy and his weight problems, he should pray that he's not disabled, facing an early death or diabetes due to his sin of gluttony. Heck WE'VE all seen him eat enough in a 30 second clip to feed a starving village of Somalies.

Archived