IGNORED

The Happy Newlyweds a Month Later

0 kids n not countin

4.bp.blogspot.com/-pV8vwQ6ro4o/UqX8JRdZw6I/AAAAAAAAGnY/bwmCDwnyXTA/s1600/us+at+Thanksgiving.JPG

Posted on Chad's blog.

They do look happy.

I think they look awkward and uncomfortable with each other, but that may just be the way they stand.

I think they look awkward and uncomfortable with each other, but that may just be the way they stand.

That's so funny - my reaction was that they look totally relaxed and absolutely thrilled!

I'm glad to see Erin still has time to do her hair. She's added a fancy braid to the poofy updo now. I don't know, when I look at the Bateses I can't help but compare them to other fundies like the Maxwells, especially now that Kelly and Gil have relaxed on courtship. The Bateses' genuinely happy and more laid-back appearances contrast sharply with the Maxwells' dead eyes and plastered on smiles. The Maxwells always look like they're in pain or about to cry. :(

4.bp.blogspot.com/-pV8vwQ6ro4o/UqX8JRdZw6I/AAAAAAAAGnY/bwmCDwnyXTA/s1600/us+at+Thanksgiving.JPG

Posted on Chad's blog.

They do look happy.

Did she just toss that purple scarf on with that outfit so it would match the purple in his sweater, since there must be some bit of dogma in Fundie land that they have to have matching colors on in pictures. Because that scarf is NOT made for that outfit.

Did she just toss that purple scarf on with that outfit so it would match the purple in his sweater, since there must be some bit of dogma in Fundie land that they have to have matching colors on in pictures. Because that scarf is NOT made for that outfit.

I noticed that too. Does not match HER outfit.

They're cutie cutie cute, though! I ship it!

I think there is a tiny bit of purple in one row in the print on her top, but it does seem that she mainly wore the scarf to go with his shirt. It's a lot better than the matching shirts so many of the fundies wear though.

She's definitely smiling with her eyes, too, and that's not something you see in the fundie world every day. Kelly and Gil made a good call when they followed their own counsel with their adult children-- here's hoping the rest of them find happiness, too.

Weird, the diamonds on his shirt look navy on my computer (though the top one looks semipurplish due to flash or light). As such, it looks to me like she ruined the matchy-matchy with the scarf :P

I like the braided headband style she's got - looks cute.

I vote "awkward."

Their faces look happy enough, but their body language is weird and stiff.

I think they look quite stiff and awkward too... I think her smile looks a bit weird as well but I'm not sure.

I think they look happy. Not everybody poses perfectly for every picture. I think Erin is more photogenic than Chad.

I like Erin´s hair and she looks stunning. But I guess Chad is either sick or just not a winter-person. I´m the same, I look healthy and good during summer and autumn, but in winter I look pale and miserable. :?

She's definitely smiling with her eyes, too, and that's not something you see in the fundie world every day. Kelly and Gil made a good call when they followed their own counsel with their adult children-- here's hoping the rest of them find happiness, too.

And that before they decide to conceive each child they reflect on their situation, their emotional resources and only decide to add another if they are going to be able to parent well. And that said parenting includes actual parenting and not just schedules and beating.

While they seem happy, the picture is rather awkard. More with Chad then with Erin but some people don't take pictures well in terms of they seem (and perhaps are) uncomfortable.

It could be that they were feeling cold. My boyfriend cannot handle the cold weather (perks of being from Durban, South Africa) so whenever we take pics outdoors, it honestly looks like those awkward courtship pics where the couple don't know where to put their hands.

Have always loved having my photo taken - grew up with an aunt who was the family photo-taker and one of those who took FOREVER to get everything 'just right' before she'd click the shutter. That's exactly what I see in the photo. They're happy together, happy to pose, will be extra-happy when the dang thing's over with.

I like the purple scarf with the outfit. One wants a hint of color!!! [/The Birdcage]

Posted on Chad's blog.

They do look happy.

I think it is one of the most over posed photos I've ever seen.

You've got admit, they are two lovely looking young people and their children have a fair to high chance of being damn adorable.

You've got admit, they are two lovely looking young people and their children have a fair to high chance of being damn adorable.

With very large hair

Archived