IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

She's got Costco. And washing cabinets once a month. And taking pictures of the nieces and nephews. And the elderly folks at the nursing home (who probably genuinely love seeing her once a week, although probably hate the church service.) And long hikes in longer skirts. And green smoothies and 2 animal crackers and virtual starvation. And getting up earlier than nuns at a cloistered monastery to pray.

So, yeah, a SUPER full life. :?

Hey, she gets to wipe down the ceiling fan weekly!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left an innocuous comment complimenting them on the lovely Christmas custom (which it indeed is), and asking which Bible verse was included in the gift cards. It got deleted.

Hi, Steve!

I get the feeling Steve thinks he's better than everyone else. Why does he allow commenting? Shouldn't the public be thinking about death rather than commenting on a blog? Or thinking edifying thoughts? Or hiding the Word in their hearts? Or for gosh sakes, what about the ceiling fans?

I get the feeling Steve thinks he's better than everyone else. Why does he allow commenting? Shouldn't the public be thinking about death rather than commenting on a blog? Or thinking edifying thoughts? Or hiding the Word in their hearts? Or for gosh sakes, what about the ceiling fans?

Well said!!

I just saw on the Munck family blog, little Susanna's latest milestone is "blowing raspberries". And it's SO cute and sweet that a mother would celebrate EVERY such milestone! And, well, we know the connection between them and the Maxwells. Need I say more?

The family speaks only to Mr. Maxwell and Mr. Maxwell speaks only to God. I do think Mr. Maxwell sincerely believes he's one of the very few on earth who leads a life of such control and perfection that he's entitled to have a direct line of communication to God.

Oh, yes, he absolutely does. He's said before (in a dad's corner about how fun is a sin, I think) that he's "sharing the Lord's heart." He 100% believes he has direct and perfect knowledge of God, and speaks for Him as His mouthpiece on earth.

Oh, yes, he absolutely does. He's said before (in a dad's corner about how fun is a sin, I think) that he's "sharing the Lord's heart." He 100% believes he has direct and perfect knowledge of God, and speaks for Him as His mouthpiece on earth.

Oh my!! Do u remember which one it was?

I've only been recently introduced to the Maxwells, so I have been going through old FJ posts to read more about them. I wanted to see the reviews of Steve's book which came out last summer Making Great Conversationalists but it is not for sale anymore on Amazon. You can buy the Moody books (and there is nothing but glowing reviews for them) but nothing by Steve. Did he pull all of his books? There were several comments by FJers that indicated that they had left over-the-top reviews on Amazon so it must have been for sale at some point.

That should indicate to Steve and his family that he has mental problems and needs professional help. Any mortal who thinks he has a direct pipeline to God is mentally damaged.

She does not. She is the one I really hope gets a husband.

Why? So she and the rest of the Maxwell clan suck the life out of him, leaving nothing but a dead-eyed, hollowed-out carcass, reciting Bible verse in rote after a day spent hawking products nobody needs and enjoying his one-millionth burrito dinner?

All potential suitors to Maxwell "children" should RUN, not walk, away from there.

I left an innocuous comment complimenting them on the lovely Christmas custom (which it indeed is), and asking which Bible verse was included in the gift cards. It got deleted.

Hi, Steve!

Apparently the verse was not any of those that begin, "Fear not..."

A fundie-lite relative posted this video on FB and I thought it was the perfect Christmas song the Maxwells. It has death and blood.

Tonight I (an evil feminist) baked a zillion kahlua cakes and gave them to neighbors. One to the 85 yo woman who asked ME did I see the neighbors reindeer decorations were staged in a mating pose.....and wasn't that fabulous?? And one to the nicest and most helpful neighbor on the block, who happens to be gay. No talking of death occurred. And now I'm drinking kahlua. I think I win, Maxwells.

I noticed that Rebecca K recently made a blog post of things she is thankful for. I don't have the link right now, but what jumped out at me is that she is thankful that her parents let her and her sister make friends with other children when they were growing up. Could she have been thinking of the Maxwells when she wrote that?

Tonight I (an evil feminist) baked a zillion kahlua cakes and gave them to neighbors. One to the 85 yo woman who asked ME did I see the neighbors reindeer decorations were staged in a mating pose.....and wasn't that fabulous?? And one to the nicest and most helpful neighbor on the block, who happens to be gay. No talking of death occurred. And now I'm drinking kahlua. I think I win, Maxwells.

Yes, but where are you going when you die?

Yes, but where are you going when you die?

I'm going to hell, but since the Maxwells won't be there it will seem like heaven. Can you imagine an eternity with them? :shock:

I noticed that Rebecca K recently made a blog post of things she is thankful for. I don't have the link right now, but what jumped out at me is that she is thankful that her parents let her and her sister make friends with other children when they were growing up. Could she have been thinking of the Maxwells when she wrote that?

Just saw that also. Maybe she tried to become a Maxwell & was rejected & that statement was a way to get back @ them.

I've only been recently introduced to the Maxwells, so I have been going through old FJ posts to read more about them. I wanted to see the reviews of Steve's book which came out last summer Making Great Conversationalists but it is not for sale anymore on Amazon. You can buy the Moody books (and there is nothing but glowing reviews for them) but nothing by Steve. Did he pull all of his books? There were several comments by FJers that indicated that they had left over-the-top reviews on Amazon so it must have been for sale at some point.

That should indicate to Steve and his family that he has mental problems and needs professional help. Any mortal who thinks he has a direct pipeline to God is mentally damaged.

Interesting about Making Great Conversationalists. The other Sunday this little girl came up to me at church and was saying "hi, my name is ___ what's your name?" And I almost freaked out, wondering if that book was being read and taught in their home.....But I didn't want to scare this poor girl, so I just responded in kind, and gave her a little hug. Later I told her mom "you have a very friendly daughter" in hopes of getting to find out.....no indication if that book is part of their lives. Interesting how I would be defaulted to think that.

Just saw that also. Maybe she tried to become a Maxwell & was rejected & that statement was a way to get back @ them.

I wonder though if she has the same concept of "friends" that the Maxwells have? People to whom you occasionally preach and allow to buy you dinner?

Interesting if she did. She's been trying to get the Maxwells to notice her and possibly let her into their family cult, maybe she's finally realized what they are about. Maybe this is her way of being thankful for not always getting what you wish for.

Interesting if she did. She's been trying to get the Maxwells to notice her and possibly let her into their family cult, maybe she's finally realized what they are about. Maybe this is her way of being thankful for not always getting what you wish for.

I saw that, too. She hasn't been as active on their blog lately, so I think she gave up on becoming Joseph's wife, and I think John is out of her league. She mentioned that someday, God willing, she would marry but that there wouldn't be a double wedding with her sister because they don't have the same taste in decorating (or something to that affect). I think she's 23ish, so find it sad that in her circle, she's already getting on in years and hasn't had any courtships. In her favor, she is allowed to socialize with the kids of other families in their circle, but there don't seem to be any males her age, so I'm not sure where she'd find a mate. Wouldn't it be great if John-Marie also finally gave up on being a Maxwell, and that he and Rebecca!!!!!!1! got together? Hmmm....

I saw that, too. She hasn't been as active on their blog lately, so I think she gave up on becoming Joseph's wife, and I think John is out of her league. She mentioned that someday, God willing, she would marry but that there wouldn't be a double wedding with her sister because they don't have the same taste in decorating (or something to that affect). I think she's 23ish, so find it sad that in her circle, she's already getting on in years and hasn't had any courtships. In her favor, she is allowed to socialize with the kids of other families in their circle, but there don't seem to be any males her age, so I'm not sure where she'd find a mate. Wouldn't it be great if John-Marie also finally gave up on being a Maxwell, and that he and Rebecca!!!!!!1! got together? Hmmm....

Now that you mention John Marie, yeah, maybe he will give up. He's been reported as being a possible courtship prospect for some time now but to date, no go. I can totally see Steveovah making some impossible hoops for any suitor to jump through.

And maybe Rebecca!!!!!!1! gave up after Joseph's cancelled wedding and he didn't come calling. Or she tried and got rebuffed again.

Now that you mention John Marie, yeah, maybe he will give up. He's been reported as being a possible courtship prospect for some time now but to date, no go. I can totally see Steveovah making some impossible hoops for any suitor to jump through.

And maybe Rebecca!!!!!!1! gave up after Joseph's cancelled wedding and he didn't come calling. Or she tried and got rebuffed again.

And yet, they seem to be advertising Anna like crazy. Here's John Marie, seemingly perfect, but a no-go. Perhaps John Marie just wasn't feeling it for any of the girls.

And yet, they seem to be advertising Anna like crazy. Here's John Marie, seemingly perfect, but a no-go. Perhaps John Marie just wasn't feeling it for any of the girls.

Or being grilled by Steveovah killed any interest. Or too much talk of death.

For one thing, Rebecca would have to lose a lot of weight. Right now, her potential brother-in-law Nate would be extremely snarky about her and her parents, whose heightened risk for diabetes would drive up his insurance premiums .... if he carried real insurance ....

Her mom and dad dressed up as a young bride and groom to celebrate one of their "big one" anniversaries and went out to dinner in those clothes. If Terified allowed Stevovah to look at Rebecca's blog, I'm sure it was with both of them clinging for dear life to the table edge, lest they be o'ercome with the idolatry of things like, you know, celebrating an anniversary in an over-the-top way.

And also, fat.

That was the only time I looked at Rebecca's blog, and although my first reaction was, "Oh, folks, dressing a size-3x middle-aged lady in a satiny white wedding gown and going out for Italian food is really silly" the more I thought about it, the more my reaction became, "Gosh darn it, good for you guys."

And now, thinking of the Maxwells in contrast - uptight, dressed alike, living (thin) cheek by (chiseled) jowl, scared of death - I really admire Rebecca's family for being themselves, and Rebecca for seeing the light.

If indeed that's what's happened. But I bet it has. It's like a latter-day version of Christopher's first engagement; the lady was just too full of life and joy to fit in, and off it was called. Thankfully for Rebecca, it didn't get to that real heartbreaking stage!

Archived