IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

Ahhh, yes, the wedding anniversary blog entry with all that satin. If it made them happy, which it obviously did or she wouldn't have blogged about it, but the dresses. Oh, boy. Those dresses.

Rebecca doesn't seem fat to me, but certainly big boned and awkward. She mentioned she has a drop foot from an injury she had a few years ago, that it's mostly healed, but not fully, so I'm guessing she's got a lopsided gait. She wears tennis shoes with all her dresses, so maybe the foot injury necessitates that. She just clearly is not Maxwell material in so many ways. And her mom looks obese and unhealthy, which would not be accepted by the Maxwells, either. I think Rebecca finally realized it and stopped trying. Hopefully she'll find someone who will be nice to her rather than give her a book of rules to live by and remind her of death all the time.

I rather like the idea of John-Marie and Rebecca. How could we get that going? OR, now that the Phillips children are all disgraced, maybe Rebecca could snatch up one of them. Certainly the fundie royalty won't want them anymore. Hmmm...

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I know your heart's in the right place, Wondering in Wa, but would you really want li'l Rebecca paired off with a junior peacock like J.Teefs Phillips? Or dour Joshua? And just think, she'd have two mothers-in-law ... he he he he he (see what I did there?) ;)

Oh, I know your heart's in the right place, Wondering in Wa, but would you really want li'l Rebecca paired off with a junior peacock like J.Teefs Phillips? Or dour Joshua? And just think, she'd have two mothers-in-law ... he he he he he (see what I did there?) ;)

Oh, true, true. She deserves better than to become another victim of the Barnum and Bailey Vision Forum Circus.

Well, we need to hook her up with John-Marie, then. He likes frumpers, we already know that, and she's got a lot of them. And she can make cake. And she has friends she could have in her wedding that aren't relatives. Not sure what else she's got to offer, though. I'm not sure she could help him with his business. She seems a bit, er, homeschooled, if you know what I mean.

I suspect John Marie does not want to leave his business, and Steve does not want to let any of his kids actually move away.

He needs someone who is willing to live on the same block. Who has their own successful business. Who doesn't own a TV, or have friends or hobbies. And is super religious but doesnt go to a real church. Now, he's already been holding out for this for Sarah, and he's screwed up her life. Will he be willing to bend a little more the other girls? Doubt it. It is Steve after all.

Her mom and dad dressed up as a young bride and groom to celebrate one of their "big one" anniversaries and went out to dinner in those clothes. If Terified allowed Stevovah to look at Rebecca's blog, I'm sure it was with both of them clinging for dear life to the table edge, lest they be o'ercome with the idolatry of things like, you know, celebrating an anniversary in an over-the-top way.

And also, fat.

That was the only time I looked at Rebecca's blog, and although my first reaction was, "Oh, folks, dressing a size-3x middle-aged lady in a satiny white wedding gown and going out for Italian food is really silly" the more I thought about it, the more my reaction became, "Gosh darn it, good for you guys."

And now, thinking of the Maxwells in contrast - uptight, dressed alike, living (thin) cheek by (chiseled) jowl, scared of death - I really admire Rebecca's family for being themselves, and Rebecca for seeing the light.

This. If it works for them, great.

I am a non-fuss person. I don't celebrate any holidays, hate dressing up, prefer quiet one-on-one chats (or even working!) to parties, etc. Outsiders might see my life as being as dull as the Maxwells'.

But here's the difference between me and the Maxwells. I celebrate every day. I wake up in the morning happy to be alive and grateful for whatever part of my old carcass doesn't hurt. I genuinely enjoy most of the activities of my everyday life - not because anyone says they are worthy and will keep me out of Hell, but because I actually like doing them (I'm very lucky in having work that I love, and family responsibilities that are, at this point, easy).

Another difference is that I don't judge. In fact, I understand why other people do make a fuss, celebrate, decorate and dress up. I genuinely admire their festive trappings, whether they are Christmas trees, wedding rings, Seder plates, or silk saris.

Unlike the Maxwells, I know that they are not "making an idol" out of anything. They are showing joy in their lives, love for one another, creativity, and often, gratitude to God for what they have.

The Maxwells don't seem to have any idea that a difference in habit, taste or style is not SIN. :roll:

That was the only time I looked at Rebecca's blog, and although my first reaction was, "Oh, folks, dressing a size-3x middle-aged lady in a satiny white wedding gown and going out for Italian food is really silly" the more I thought about it, the more my reaction became, "Gosh darn it, good for you guys."

That was also my only view of Rebecca's blog and I had the same reaction to the wedding dress and those awful shiny satiny "bridesmaid" dresses. At first. But then I saw how genuinely moved the parents were on that occasion and how happy the kids were also. Then I thought, well, why not? And you know, unlike a Maxwell event that would be overshadowed with talk of death, this was clearly a reaffirmation of love and a fun event to boot. Maxwells doing something like this? No way.

As a side note, I noticed that the mom's wedding dress was her actual wedding dress worn 20 years before. But looked like there was a modesty panel in place of a lace inset. There was an photo taken from the wedding posted on the blog but not clearly.

Who are Rebecca K and John Marie? What are their websites? Thanks.

Here is Rebecca's blog!!!1!!!

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm not aware that John Marie has a blog, but he has his own business so that might have one.

The food on Rebecca's blog looks too sinful (i.e. yummy looking and probably at least good if not delicious) for the Maxwell's.

The food on Rebecca's blog looks too sinful (i.e. yummy looking and probably at least good if not delicious) for the Maxwell's.

Mrs Eleventy certainly likes her cakes and puddings!1!!

Mrs Eleventy certainly likes her cakes and puddings!1!!

Rebecca!!!1!!!! doesn't like green bean casserole. Not that it's super healthy, but at least there is a vegetable in it. I think she's a victim of growing up in her mother's home where everything is super sweet, gooey, and/or fried. That's usually the food photos that show up on her blog, anyway.

Rebecca comes across as such a sincerely sweet young woman, I'd be afraid her spirit would be crushed by the Maxwells.

Also, it appears her family might have a Christmas tree. That wouldn't go over well.

Rebecca comes across as such a sincerely sweet young woman, I'd be afraid her spirit would be crushed by the Maxwells.

Also, it appears her family might have a Christmas tree. That wouldn't go over well.

Yep, eliminated in the first round for the tree, the socializing outside her own family, and the weight issues in her family. Never stood a chance.

Here is Rebecca's blog!!!1!!!hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.co.uk/I'm not aware that John Marie has a blog, but he has his own business so that might have one.

Thanks. :)

And most of the smiles appear to not be forced.

I wonder though if she has the same concept of "friends" that the Maxwells have? People to whom you occasionally preach and allow to buy you dinner?

From what I have seen of Rebecca's blog, her family is part of a network of other homeschooling families and they get together regularly. There are also non-fundie extended family members who are part of their lives. I've always gotten the impression that Rebecca genuinely cares about the people in her life-- if something bad happens to somebody, she asks people to pray for them. I never see anything like this from the Maxwells.

So remember the Munck girl who was supposed to be engaged to a Maxwell and then they broke it off? Her other sister got married though right? Whatever happened with that? The Muncks don't seem to update as much anymore.

So remember the Munck girl who was supposed to be engaged to a Maxwell and then they broke it off? Her other sister got married though right? Whatever happened with that? The Muncks don't seem to update as much anymore.

The Muncks recently moved to a new house, so they're probably too busy for blogging.

The Muncks recently moved to a new house, so they're probably too busy for blogging.

Mrs Munck only makes an idol of blogging when she is knocked up and showing the various stages of the 'bump'. :roll:

They moved to a house in the country where they don't have internet access at home. They bought a farm a year or so ago, then had to fix it up enough to live in it, then moved several months ago. So she either updates their blog via her phone or whenever she can when she's in town.

Just finished scanning through Rebecca K's blog. She appears to be sweet and quite genuine. Her family and friends look like they have lots of fun. That would never do for the Maxwells.

Curious though, why is her blogsite ' uk'???

Just finished scanning through Rebecca K's blog. She appears to be sweet and quite genuine. Her family and friends look like they have lots of fun. That would never do for the Maxwells.

I don't see her blog site as UK. She doesn't live in the UK.

It's not, it's just blogspot.

Blogspot will default the country code to wherever you are. All the blogs serve from all the countries they have a presence in, if you search for one (rather than typing in the exact URL) you'll be sent the URL from your own country's servers if possible to save transmission distance.

Meanwhile I agree with you, she seems like a genuinely happy person who is enjoying life. I think she suffers in her social circles just due to being the oldest in her group of available people (this often results in someone seeming younger than they are) but it's not too uncommon for that to happen. The fact that she HAS social circles outside of her immediate blood relatives is just wow out there crazy!!!! worldly compared to the Maxwells.

For what it's worth, I liked Mom's dress. The bridesmaids' dresses with the wide, wide, WIDE, did I say WIDE, shiny satin collars not so much, but then again (1) it's just reminding me of some cold weird satin dance costumes my sister wore years ago, and (2) I can't really talk because I wore wide, wide, WIDE, did I say WIDE white cotton collars with LACE around the edges back in late elementary/first year of junior high but... it was the fashion in Japan at the time. With frumpers. I kid you not.

It's not, it's just blogspot.

Blogspot will default the country code to wherever you are. All the blogs serve from all the countries they have a presence in, if you search for one (rather than typing in the exact URL) you'll be sent the URL from your own country's servers if possible to save transmission distance.

Meanwhile I agree with you, she seems like a genuinely happy person who is enjoying life. I think she suffers in her social circles just due to being the oldest in her group of available people (this often results in someone seeming younger than they are) but it's not too uncommon for that to happen. The fact that she HAS social circles outside of her immediate blood relatives is just wow out there crazy!!!! worldly compared to the Maxwells.

For what it's worth, I liked Mom's dress. The bridesmaids' dresses with the wide, wide, WIDE, did I say WIDE, shiny satin collars not so much, but then again (1) it's just reminding me of some cold weird satin dance costumes my sister wore years ago, and (2) I can't really talk because I wore wide, wide, WIDE, did I say WIDE white cotton collars with LACE around the edges back in late elementary/first year of junior high but... it was the fashion in Japan at the time. With frumpers. I kid you not.

While I can't say that I liked the Mother's dress, it WAS her original wedding dress (from 1989, I believe.) Styles do change and I can see where this one would be right in style for the time.

I understand why Steve would dismiss people like the "Eleventy family", as he is just an asshat. But, I hope that Terri, Sarah, et al, can see the obvious love that Mr. Eleventy has for Mrs. Eleventy. I mean, he was crying at the second wedding. I can't imagine, in a million years, Steve being that thankful for Terri. Furthermore, Mrs. Eleventy was a large woman when they married; since different body shapes are unacceptable in Steve's world, I hope that Sarah, especially (if she's allowed to read such worldly stuff), can see that Steve's sense of value in people (women especially) does not match up with reality. I would imagine that Mrs. Eleventy knows more love and adoration in a day than Terri has seen in her entire marriage.

Side note: it doesn't bother me at all that they focus on sweets when they take photos. Most of my friends that post food on social media post treats: fancy drinks, decadent desserts, bacon covered something. The only people who post everyday food are the food police type who comment negatively on other people's splurges and, clearly, need daily validation from social media friends for eating healthy. I'm guessing if they do splurge, it's some deep dark secret that'll never see the light of instagram. Anyway, I think that sweets and treats are kind of like vacation photos -- people like to see them -- while regular food photos are kind of like pics from a workday -- why bother?

Archived