IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

She says in the opening blurb that she printed of the 'message' ("But the wages of sin is death"???) to go with the poppyseed loaves and Mary decorated them.

I'm not sure how I'd react. On the one hand, I hate Christmas carols with the heat of a thousand firey suns and the Maxwell version would only make it worse. On the other hand, I'd want to watch the trainwreck first hand.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need to take notes on how your christmas caroling went, you've clearly got to much idle time on your hands. Were there no ceiling fans that needed dusting? Seriously, there are no words other than WTF.

She says in the opening blurb that she printed of the 'message' ("But the wages of sin is death"???) to go with the poppyseed loaves and Mary decorated them. .

Don't know about their Christmas greeting, but I theorized about their New Year's card a while back:

6555858117_9f29eb0cd0.jpg

Nice card! I'm just realizing I've not even started on this year's batch of cards yet but maybe I can just use this idea...!

...as if. I aim for my cards to be auspicious, even if heathen. Now off to see if I can draw a decent horse...

She says in the opening blurb that she printed of the 'message' ("But the wages of sin is death"???) to go with the poppyseed loaves and Mary decorated them.

I'm not sure how I'd react. On the one hand, I hate Christmas carols with the heat of a thousand firey suns and the Maxwell version would only make it worse. On the other hand, I'd want to watch the trainwreck first hand.

And the wages of lust are dust...Thank you SK Storm Of The Century :D

If I were unfortunate enough to be on their caroling route, I'd slam the door on them. That's harassment in my book.

I wonder how many neighbors figure out it's "caroling night", turn out the light in the front of the house, and hide in the back. :lol: Just like the Maxwell's do on Halloween.

Whenever I've gone caroling with friends, our "message" was, "We've had just enough to drink to think this is a good idea. But In exchange for not slamming the door on us, we'll give you home-baked holiday treats, because we had fun making them and would like to share them, and maybe give you a good laugh. Holiday cheer and peace on Earth, good will toward all, ya know? And if you like, you can join us! We'll wait for you to put on your shoes and coat, because the more really is the merrier. We're going for beer afterwards, too!"

Honestly, if I lived on their street, I'd do the lights-off, blinds drawn, hiding out in the back of the house, too. They can keep their gloomy death-obsessed message--no amount of cookies can knock the bad taste of that from my mouth.

Whenever I've gone caroling with friends, our "message" was, "We've had just enough to drink to think this is a good idea. But In exchange for not slamming the door on us, we'll give you home-baked holiday treats, because we had fun making them and would like to share them, and maybe give you a good laugh. Holiday cheer and peace on Earth, good will toward all, ya know? And if you like, you can join us! We'll wait for you to put on your shoes and coat, because the more really is the merrier. We're going for beer afterwards, too!"

Honestly, if I lived on their street, I'd do the lights-off, blinds drawn, hiding out in the back of the house, too. They can keep their gloomy death-obsessed message--no amount of cookies can knock the bad taste of that from my mouth.

But it's poppy seed loaf, so at the very least you might be able to hope for an opiate high. Just sayin'...

I'll join ya!

'After we finished caroling, Christopher and Anna Marie had the carolers over for a special party with treats.'

These carolers were they perchance family members? :lol:

It's time that I reveal my true identity....

Latraviata Maxwell.

We are all praying for you, and look forward to seeing you on the blog soon.

'After we finished caroling, Christopher and Anna Marie had the carolers over for a special party with treats.'

These carolers were they perchance family members? :lol:

And the treats perchance caroling leftovers?

And the treats perchance caroling leftovers?

HA! Yes. Perhaps that is why they needed to count how much was left. If there was too much maybe everyone could have had 2 pieces of cake! Oh the celebration! Oh the blessing! Oh the joy!

Seriously? Even as a Christian I would be highly suspicious of people bearing baked goods with any bible verse about death on them. I would probably suspect that the treats had been poisoned in some way and dump them straight into the garbage.

There are much better verses out there to use, particularly "peace on earth..."

The Maxwells' caroling activity is one of the few I approve of. I think it would be lovely to have a family come by and sing for me, then hand off home baked goods. This is one of the few "real" outreach activities the family does. Everything else is about selling their wares and preaching about DEATH ("ministry", elderly church, ITonRamp, state fair soda giveaway). Sure, they tag a card in their baked goods, but the singing and the cake with the homemade cards is pretty in synch with the holiday spirit. I'll give them a free path on this one. Every other day of the year, they're pretty self-serving and self-absorbed, but I can imagine some of the neighbors actually enjoying their caroling.

Seriously? Even as a Christian I would be highly suspicious of people bearing baked goods with any bible verse about death on them. I would probably suspect that the treats had been poisoned in some way and dump them straight into the garbage.

There are much better verses out there to use, particularly "peace on earth..."

How about something nice and Christmasy, like

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

or

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

or

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given : and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

But no, the Maxwells have to do choose one about sin and DEATH. Because it's Christmas and because Stevus doesn't have good will toward anyone.

(And I may be a freak but I'd never in a million billion years eat any baked goods given to me by people I didn't know, and would be hesitant even if I did know them.)

(And I may be a freak but I'd never in a million billion years eat any baked goods given to me by people I didn't know, and would be hesitant even if I did know them.)

For me, it depends on the situation. When we first moved into a new neighborhood, our neighbor across the street brought us a homemade pie. My parents often go to potlucks where there are people that they don't know but they will still sample everyone's food.

My husband recently brought back home baked banana nut bread from a patient that was not even his own. It was actually made by a grateful patient of a doctor friend of his in the same clinic. That doctor did not like banana nut bread. My husband trusts the doctor, the doctor knows the patient, and so hubby didn't hesitate taking the bread home with him. It was delicious and we are still alive. :)

However, if a street guy was handing out home baked goods, I'd hesitate to take it. Food hospitality is an universal habit among humans, but there should be an underlying reason for giving out free food. If I don't see a connection, I won't take it.

Back to the Maxwells, they have lived on their street for over a decade and been caroling for years now. I'd wager most of the inhabitants know their kooky Maxwell neighbors and are ok with the Maxwell baked goods (and maybe even the ear screeching singing as shown on Christopher's wedding). They've probably learned to smile, listen to the family sing, take their cake and rejoice!......in not having to associate with the weird neighbors for another year! :lol:

Caroling seems to be the most fun that the Maxwells are allowed to have all year.

Perhaps it means they can spend time weeping and wailing on Christmas as WELL as New Year's. Really they're being just as greedy as the rest of capitalist society, hogging all that penitence and self-immolation around the holiday season.

edit: btw, did they actually say the verse on the cards was "wages for sins", or is that just tongue-in-cheek speculation here? because it kind of seems like people are taking that seriously, and I think it's only a joke ;) I might be wrong on both counts.

I wonder how many neighbors figure out it's "caroling night", turn out the light in the front of the house, and hide in the back. :lol: Just like the Maxwell's do on Halloween.

>>>> we pray for them.

Archived