IGNORED

The Continuing Fall of VF and Doug Phillips is a tool-Part 4

Boogalou

inashoe.com/2007/11/michael-billingsa-redeemer-of-time/

I think that a lot of the Vision Forum interns have a similar appearance so Doug must have a certain physical type he likes. The nanny looked a little like his eldest daughter to me.

I understand that the loss of such a young life was tragic and probably shattering to those who cared for him but the tributes to him sound a bit extreme and strange. Of course, the people in Vision Forum have a tendency to be dramatic and flowery in their writing so maybe it is just their particular way of expressing themselves that seem odd.

A lot of this speculation would end if the people connected to Doug would come clean about what exactly happened. All this secrecy will end up hurting a lot of people.

By the looks of it, Dougie seems very unwilling to come clean. What has come out so far seems to be completely dragged out of him and that will probably not change unless he's confronted by authorities and maybe even then, he won't. He seems the narcissistic type who won't ever admit he's wrong even with all evidence is out there to the contrary and he's got cops in his face.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inashoe.com/2007/11/michael-billingsa-redeemer-of-time/

I think that a lot of the Vision Forum interns have a similar appearance so Doug must have a certain physical type he likes. The nanny looked a little like his eldest daughter to me.

I understand that the loss of such a young life was tragic and probably shattering to those who cared for him but the tributes to him sound a bit extreme and strange. Of course, the people in Vision Forum have a tendency to be dramatic and flowery in their writing so maybe it is just their particular way of expressing themselves that seem odd.

A lot of this speculation would end if the people connected to Doug would come clean about what exactly happened. All this secrecy will end up hurting a lot of people.

Each fundy subset seems to have a particular dress code, so I think all the VF people look alike too. Since the interns and the vocal SAHDs are the public face of VF, I would think that they in particular would have to adhere to the ideal. I doubt that Doug Phillips is a tool would have chosen a fat intern or one that was disabled or non-white.

One thing to remember, narcissists are never wrong. NEVER. They may apologize for their behavior or wrongdoings, but the apologies are part of their game and they wield it only when it can benefit them and only to those whom they can control in some way. I've had the distinct horror of watching my narcissistic mother play out this same scenario over and over and over again now for close to 60 years. That apology of Doug's was just part of the game he plays. He's not going to stop and he's not going away. He got caught this time big time (and he's been caught before but he's been able to control the fall out). He's laying low and planning his next move. We're hearing how there is no real repentence. And that tells the whole story.

I am in the market for a new toy sword......

Tempting as it is to buy one of the snark-worthy videos from VF, I don't want to contribute even one penny to the Doug Phillips Who Is A Tool Defense Fund and Costume Collection.

Maybe they'll send me random free stuff when they clean out behind the shelves in the warehouse, in exchange for selling my email address to the Botkins, or whomever manages to snatch up the remnants of VF. Perhaps one of those unworn togas?

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I am exploring the field of data analysis. (Although not new avenues of data analysis like Noah Botkin would explore if he was in my shoes.) Because Close Encounters of the Fundie Kind is The Story of My Life, (love ya one direction) I have collected data on the fundie response to Doug Phillips fall from grace. I am ready to share my findings with the world.

The following graph represents ten conversations about Doug Phillips I have either overheard or participated in. I tried to break down the conversations into statements, so the categories aren't actual quotes. Not all of my fundie friends are VF supporters, hence some of the negative comments.

I hid the graph in a spoiler tag because it contains zillions of smilies.

Smilie Graph of The Response of Local Fundies to Doug-O-Ween

Out of the ten conversations I collected data from the following sentiments were expressed the number of times as designated by the smilies.

Poor Doug :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Poor Beall/Family :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

The devil made him do it! :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

The girl made him do it! :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Beall made him do it! :tools-hammer:

Pride cometh before a fall. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

It's a shame. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Didn't surprise me. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

SHOCKED! :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Meh, he didn't KNOW her. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Comparison to King David. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

This doesn't change how I feel about patriarchy. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

We must forgive him. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

God will use this for His glory. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

He should pay! :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Doug Phillips is a Tool. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Disclaimers

This graph represents only the views of fundies in the data analyst’s locale, not the opinions of fundies as a whole.

This graph may contain views expressed by the data analyst’s own family.

This graph may contain a completely fraudulent category of opinion, despite the valid nature of the category.

This graph is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any social, economic or spiritual disorder.

This graph may look unprofessional due to the data analyst's lack of skill.

The data analyst showed bias in the making of this graph.

The data analyst is not exploring the field of data analysis outside of this data analysis.

No product endorsement is intended or implied.

This is a limited time offer. See store for details.

Anyone see this odd remark by TW in the comments of the "bombshell" post? Someone had copied and pasted the Jordan Muela article, and TW chimes in:

We were aware of Jordan Muela’s Facebook article, posted today, and were going to post a link to it, but you beat us to it. Jen’s been in tears over it and I’ve been trying to comfort her on the phone, albeit probably not doing a very good job that.

Jen was crying over it, so much that she needed comfort?

Tempting as it is to buy one of the snark-worthy videos from VF, I don't want to contribute even one penny to the Doug Phillips Who Is A Tool Defense Fund and Costume Collection.

Maybe they'll send me random free stuff when they clean out behind the shelves in the warehouse, in exchange for selling my email address to the Botkins, or whomever manages to snatch up the remnants of VF. Perhaps one of those unworn togas?

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I think you are right no sword for me. I am a heathen feminist. The last thing I need is need is to end up on a Dominionist mailing list.

As much as I am enjoying the fall of Doug Phillips is a tool, my heart goes out to thosr who are being hurt by the fall out. Dougie suckered a lot of easily led people who were just trying to do the right thing. Dougie. (And others) are responsible for creating a subculture that holds abusers up as godly and righteous...and leaves the victims with no support system for escape.

Can someone please tell me what Braderick said? I apparently missed it and can't find it in the archives.

It's on his now public, or at least somewhat public, FB page. Just search for Peter Bradrick.

I am exploring the field of data analysis. (Although not new avenues of data analysis like Noah Botkin would explore if he was in my shoes.) Because Close Encounters of the Fundie Kind is The Story of My Life, (love ya one direction) I have collected data on the fundie response to Doug Phillips fall from grace. I am ready to share my findings with the world.

The following graph represents ten conversations about Doug Phillips I have either overheard or participated in. I tried to break down the conversations into statements, so the categories aren't actual quotes. Not all of my fundie friends are VF supporters, hence some of the negative comments.

Out of the ten conversations I collected data from the following sentiments were expressed the number of times as designated by the smilies.

The devil made him do it! :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

SHOCKED! :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

This doesn't change how I feel about patriarchy. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

We must forgive him. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Doug Phillips is a Tool. :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer: :tools-hammer:

Disclaimers

This graph represents only the views of fundies in the data analyst’s locale, not the opinions of fundies as a whole.

This graph may contain a completely fraudulent category of opinion, despite the valid nature of the category.

This graph is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any social, economic or spiritual disorder.

The data analyst is not exploring the field of data analysis outside of this data analysis.

Love it! You only forgot one:

"No dolphins were harmed in the making of this graph."

Love it! You only forgot one:

"No dolphins were harmed in the making of this graph."

I knew I had forgotten something, but I just couldn't put my dorsal fin on it!

My kid wants one of those Vision Forum swords. I think I'll wait until one turns up on Amazon or ebay and then give my money a seller who needs it, hopefully one who left the cult and escaped from Doug Phillips (who is a tool).

I personally thought that the boy rather resembles the tool's oldest son in the photos he's wearing costumes in. Which lead me to a theory that is as bat shit crazy as everyone's implying the real story is:

Doug latches on to the "making little warriors for Christ" idea (or whatever it is they say) relatively early on in his life. He gets married, starts having children and is blown away that they all adore and worship him as well as having many of his character traits. As the years go on, however, he realises that the patriarchal family crap he has positioned himself as being the supreme promoter of is going to limit the number of children he has. He reasons that raising Christian soldiers for Christ is all very well but he alone is capable of producing messiahs. He reasons that if only he could produce enough children, there is hope for Doug's vision of a patriarchal Christian America. He thus goes about setting up his own cult and brainwashes all members into obeying him and keeping quiet about any odd or unpleasant goings on. He impregnates all female members of his congregation who are all sworn to secrecy on the paternity of their children. He makes all members sign a covenant saying they will never leave the church so that not only are the children biologically Doug's, they can be brainwashed with his ideology too despite the fact that he isn't able to raise them in his own home like his own children. Something at some point goes wrong and his shenanigans are exposed, leading everyone involved in the saga and under the age of 25 to realise that Doug is their father!!!????

I shall be disappointed if the truth turns out to be any less strange!

Vision Forum, Inc is having a liquidation sale. The fine print says that all sales are final and they will not accept returns.

Bad news for the inashoe family! Doesn't the dad work at their warehouse?

Also what will happen to the Hazardous Journey Society? Who's going to fund Doug's trips to spread Christian Manliess his schmuckish tool ways across the globe?

What was the point of the Hazardous Journey society anyway? It's not like you can't take adventure tours elsewhere. I guess you pay for a manly, patriarchal, godly, "no girls allowed!!!111" hyper Calvinist extravaganza. What did any of these stupid societies and pagents do besides take money from the gullible?

What was the point of the Hazardous Journey society anyway? It's not like you can't take adventure tours elsewhere. I guess you pay for a manly, patriarchal, godly, "no girls allowed!!!111" hyper Calvinist extravaganza. What did any of these stupid societies and pagents do besides take money from the gullible?

As far as I'm concerned, you got it.

The stated purpose was to go everywhere those evil secular science people had gone, look at Nature, say "Goddidit," and go home.

I kid you not - watch the video:

http://hazardousjourneys.org/expedition ... peditions/

I want to know who is going to celebrate the deaths of 1500 people on the Titanic now that VFM's Christian Boys' & Men's Titanic Society has . . . gone down with the ship.

I have been trying to read through these threads but I am so behind, only on the second one. I have so many questions about this saga, if someone could be so kind as to answer.

Has the mistress been confirmed to be the nanny? Has she made a statement? Do we know if he was lying about "knowing her". Have any of his kids made statements? Has any of the VF people mentioned his whereabouts or actions during this meltdown?

The tool's eldest son only had this CS Lewis quote on his public twitter feed on Doug-o-ween: "If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road."

It's on his now public, or at least somewhat public, FB page. Just search for Peter Bradrick.

That awkward moment when you find Peter Bradrick's FB page and realize you have a friend in common with him... :?

That awkward moment when you find Peter Bradrick's FB page and realize you have a friend in common with him... :?

Yeah, but remember, he's got over 2300 FB friends and a few years ago he was granting friendship requests to anyone (I think it was part of his plan to market himself), so probably half of those "friends" aren't people he really knows who may have requested his friendship just to spy on him. Not that I would know anything about that, of course. :whistle:

Jen the Brave Soul did not accept my comment (see last thread) calling her and her ex/TW cowards for allowing TW to hide behind a mask while exposing Pretty Woman from the church. Surprise, surprise, surprise

Jen the Brave Soul did not accept my comment (see last thread) calling her and her ex/TW cowards for allowing TW to hide behind a mask while exposing Pretty Woman from the church. Surprise, surprise, surprise

They are all so crafty. So many games. Sculpting with purpose and design. Ugh.

I personally thought that the boy rather resembles the tool's oldest son in the photos he's wearing costumes in. Which lead me to a theory that is as bat shit crazy as everyone's implying the real story is:

Doug latches on to the "making little warriors for Christ" idea (or whatever it is they say) relatively early on in his life. He gets married, starts having children and is blown away that they all adore and worship him as well as having many of his character traits. As the years go on, however, he realises that the patriarchal family crap he has positioned himself as being the supreme promoter of is going to limit the number of children he has. He reasons that raising Christian soldiers for Christ is all very well but he alone is capable of producing messiahs. He reasons that if only he could produce enough children, there is hope for Doug's vision of a patriarchal Christian America. He thus goes about setting up his own cult and brainwashes all members into obeying him and keeping quiet about any odd or unpleasant goings on. He impregnates all female members of his congregation who are all sworn to secrecy on the paternity of their children. He makes all members sign a covenant saying they will never leave the church so that not only are the children biologically Doug's, they can be brainwashed with his ideology too despite the fact that he isn't able to raise them in his own home like his own children. Something at some point goes wrong and his shenanigans are exposed, leading everyone involved in the saga and under the age of 25 to realise that Doug is their father!!!????

I shall be disappointed if the truth turns out to be any less strange!

That would be hilarious :D

Disclaimers

Pleasantly surprised how few blamed Beall/Hero.

No praying for the victim/her family, or just not included on the graph?

In a lengthy comment from yesterday, Eston is saying that the tool committed tax fraud with his various properties and his wonky accounting practices. If the Feds choose to pursue him (and why wouldn't they?), the tool could get ten years in a medium security prison. Is Eston a lawyer himself, because the kind of minute detail he provides isn't the kind of thing you could come up with on your own.

Archived