IGNORED

Shall We Discuss Short Little Rebel?

GolightlyGrrl

I believe we touched a wee bit upon Short Little Rebel (real name Susan Shannon) when Zu called the Sandy Hook tragedy a government conspiracy.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14362

However, I just chanced upon Short Little Rebel's blog, and ooh boy, it is a treasure trove of snark-worthy material. Short Little Rebel is as unhinged as Kidist, as bigoted as the Stinking Lousewife, and as narcissistic, mean-spirited, and vapid as, well, a lot of bloggers we discuss here:

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/

Short Little Rebel hates the usual suspects-Muslims, gay people, women wanting reproductive rights, President Obama, Liberals/Progressives, etc.

But she also has hatred for:

Catholics and the Pope

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/tag/catholic-church/

Beyonce

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/beyonce-really-is-demon-possessed-she-is-sadly-the-first-to-admit-it/

Facebook

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/tag/facebook-censorship/

Oh, and it looks like Short Little Rebel has a bit of a tiff with Chicks on the Right. Aww, can't we play nice, ladies?

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/09/07/bullies-oops-i-meant-chicks-on-the-right-trash-short-little-rebel/

Anyway, let me know what you think.

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/the-rape-of-a-female-cadet-at-west-point/

I can understand the trauma, yes. But... Discourage young girls to go here, it's not the good things to do. Prevent her, yes, maybe, but, saying "don't go to the army", no.

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/the-rape-of-a-female-cadet-at-west-point/

I can understand the trauma, yes. But... Discourage young girls to go here, it's not the good things to do. Prevent her, yes, maybe, but, saying "don't go to the army", no.

*nods*

Here's a novel thought: Why not bar rapists from serving in the military? Then everybody would win.

She apparently was raped in college and has been a hot mess for 30+ years as a result. That explains the rage and hate for women dressed "sexy" (shit if they are skinny enough to wear shorts at my age, you go girl!). But she is seriously off the chain. I hope and pray someone gets her a psych eval soon.

Out of curiosity, what is her ethnic background? I just bring it up because non white fundies/wingnuts seem relatively uncommon.

I have to see I'm always of the liberal-to-conservative "conversion" narrative, just because of how many conservatives use it and present it as a "road to Damascus" process. There seem to be fewer people claiming having gone the other way round, and in that case (Libby Anne) springs to mind it's presented as a more gradual and nuanced process.

Oh, and I've seen her CT shooting post. Anyone spouting this kind of BS loses all respects in my book automatically, independently of ideological disagreements and whatnot.

Out of curiosity, what is her ethnic background? I just bring it up because non white fundies/wingnuts seem relatively uncommon.

I have to see I'm always of the liberal-to-conservative "conversion" narrative, just because of how many conservatives use it and present it as a "road to Damascus" process. There seem to be fewer people claiming having gone the other way round, and in that case (Libby Anne) springs to mind it's presented as a more gradual and nuanced process.

Oh, and I've seen her CT shooting post. Anyone spouting this kind of BS loses all respects in my book automatically, independently of ideological disagreements and whatnot.

Caucasian dad/Korean mom according to her bio. And she is one angry woman. Sort of like the angry chick Stacy and co like to put on feminists (who are not that pissed off most of the time). LOL!

I took a 30 second look and know I cannot read her. She hits all my sore spots.

I just don't think anyone can be "conservative" in the US anymore without anger (and "conservative" bears no resemblance to actual conservatism anymore, btw. These are radicals).

I just don't think anyone can be "conservative" in the US anymore without anger (and "conservative" bears no resemblance to actual conservatism anymore, btw. These are radicals).

Yes, conservative is such a misnomer. Reactionary or radical like you put it are more appropriate.

I'm not a horrible person. I really feel compassion for Short Little Rebel and her being raped while at West Point. Rape is barely taken seriously today when it occurs today on college campuses and in the military. I can only imagine what it was like 30 years ago. But to discourage women from going to school or joining the military is just wrong.

Nelliebelle1197, you brought up a good point about people can't be "conservative" today without being angry. I've noticed this, too. Scratch the surface of some of the blogs we discuss here-Short Little Rebel, Sunshine Mary, Kidist-and more well-known reactionaries and those on the radical right, Sarah Palin, for instance. They seem so pissed off in general. It's funny, I read a lot of liberal/feminist blogs and though there is anger in some of the posts, the anger is more focused and direct-the growing chasm between the haves and have nots, environmental degradation, attack on women's reproductive rights, bigotry in all forms, etc. Today's "conservatives" just seem to wake up, notice the sky is blue and get pissed off.

• 5 months later...

I recently found Short Little Rebel's blog, and let me just say, I was really in for a surprise. :? Her hateful, exclusive brand of Christianity reminds me a lot of Zsuzsanna's (as mentioned in a previous post) but I'm surprised she doesn't even try to hide her bigotry behind the "God is love" banner.

In this post, she claims that Jesus seeks out revenge for wrongdoings committed against Christians while God laughs at our pathetic weakness and hardens evil people's hearts to prevent them from being saved. She cites scripture to support her viewpoints while downplaying the all the "turn the other cheek" passages.

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/love-the-sinner-hate-the-sin-thats-not-what-god-or-jesus-do/

Ironically, she later claims that all good Christians must read the Bible to counteract the false doctrine fed to them and that the Bible must be taken as a whole, which means no cherry-picking.

shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/doctrine-the-bible-for-dummies-time-for-the-real-thing-people/

Although I feel bad who what happened to her as a cadet at West Point, this doesn't really change the fact that her opinions are really messed up.

Nelliebelle1197, you brought up a good point about people can't be "conservative" today without being angry. I've noticed this, too. Scratch the surface of some of the blogs we discuss here-Short Little Rebel, Sunshine Mary, Kidist-and more well-known reactionaries and those on the radical right, Sarah Palin, for instance. They seem so pissed off in general. It's funny, I read a lot of liberal/feminist blogs and though there is anger in some of the posts, the anger is more focused and direct-the growing chasm between the haves and have nots, environmental degradation, attack on women's reproductive rights, bigotry in all forms, etc. Today's "conservatives" just seem to wake up, notice the sky is blue and get pissed off.

Do you think this has to do with...how do I put this delicately...education level and in some cases intelligence level?

It seems to me that the "face" of "conservatives" has changed dramatically in the last maybe 6-8 years. When I used to think of conservative, the mental picture I would have was someone like say Colin Powell or Bill O'Riley. Someone well-dressed and well-spoken, even if they were not someone I agreed with, you could mostly listen to their opinion and it made sense it just wasn't a place I came from.

Now the mental picture I have is t-shirt (which may have a misspelling on it), jeans, perhaps a gun on their person, talking some kind of word salad that you can't even make sense of let alone have a discussion about.

Kind of the Sarah Palinization of the party, I guess.

Disclaimer: I realize not all people with conservative values are like this, of course. Just this seems to be the public face more and more.

Do you think this has to do with...how do I put this delicately...education level and in some cases intelligence level?

It seems to me that the "face" of "conservatives" has changed dramatically in the last maybe 6-8 years.

Yes!

I think it's the result of School of the Dining Room Table, insulated communities and a *liberal* dose of Fox News.

Posting to "Like" this. I still don't have a button. :shrug:

It seems to me that the "face" of "conservatives" has changed dramatically in the last maybe 6-8 years. When I used to think of conservative, the mental picture I would have was someone like say Colin Powell or Bill O'Riley. Someone well-dressed and well-spoken, even if they were not someone I agreed with, you could mostly listen to their opinion and it made sense it just wasn't a place I came from.

Now the mental picture I have is t-shirt (which may have a misspelling on it), jeans, perhaps a gun on their person, talking some kind of word salad that you can't even make sense of let alone have a discussion about.

Kind of the Sarah Palinization of the party, I guess.

Disclaimer: I realize not all people with conservative values are like this, of course. Just this seems to be the public face more and more.

I've seen an increase in dichotomous and reductionist thinking in both public and private discourse in American society all around. Nuance is dead and grey areas are, well, what grey areas? The other side, whoever that may be, are little more than a bunch of evil nutters.

I saw that she spoke out against FGM, so there's that. I couldn't look at the photos, though.

(Yes. I am a wuss.)

Yes!

I think it's the result of School of the Dining Room Table, insulated communities and a *liberal* dose of Fox News.

I think it's partly that, but I think social media and on-line life in general has a great deal to do with it. I've noticed that of the people I went to school with a million years ago there are several who seem to be getting more and more violently right wing every year. They started out maybe a little conservative about one issue- taxes, or guns usually. But as time goes on they post more and more tea bag rhetoric on an increasingly wide range of issues. Because they read one link which leads to another and everyone is always riled up and feeding into each other's paranoia and rage.

Luckily the people I know don't seem to throw anti-gay or anti-woman issues into their general mind set, at least so far.

I find it strange that the far-right has latched on to social media to spread their message so much more than the left ( at least that I've seen) .Although I think the rapid acceptance of same sex marriage is fueled by social media IMO, so I guess there are some positives.

Conservatism has indeed become much more anti-intellectual as of late. This is troubling when such people get into government positions, since they do not value things like funding higher ed access, or increasing K-12 funding, or preschool.

OTOH, it might lead to their demise later. Anti-intellectualism is a turnoff for many voters, and refusing to use science and facts makes their arguments weaker overall.

• 3 years later...

This is Susan Shannon.  This 'theme' has been defaming me for almost four years now.  Because it is tagged with my name, "Short Little Rebel", this series of postings has purposely tried to ruin my good name, online reputation,  writing career and my character.  It shows up as one of the top results when anyone searches the terms, "short little rebel".  The slander in these postings are untrue, baseless and without any merit.  The slander from this 'theme' has cost me the loss of an $8 million dollar lawsuit.  I plan on suing the individuals who wrote these defamatory postings as well as FreeJinger for allowing this slanderous material to remain for so long.  I tolerated this obsessive online stalking and harassment for too long.  But with my loss in court, I can now quantify exactly how much postings like these have cost me.  I couldn't act until this moment to sue everyone involved in this never ending defamation process by people who simply don't like my politics and religion.  My online reputation was a large part of my own defamation trial and was used against me in court.  Those responsible for destroying my credibility with lies and slander will now be sued by me.  I have taken screenshots of every comment, every person's identity and the entire thread.  I have requested from FreeJinger to have your real names for my lawsuit.   This is my official request that you remove this 'theme' asap, along with any other slanderous material that you have written.  That will be the first step toward restoring my good name.  Ignore my request and I will have no other choice than to see you in court.  The fun and games are over.  Thank you,  Susan Shannon  aka Short Little Rebel.

10 hours ago, short little rebel said:

I plan on suing the individuals who wrote these defamatory postings as well as FreeJinger for allowing this slanderous material to remain for so long.

Since you went through a defamation suit I'm surprised you don't know the difference between slander and libel.   Slander is spoken (they both start with an S so it's easy to remember).  You are talking about libel (written), but it still doesn't apply here because people posting their opinions is allowed.  

I tolerated this obsessive online stalking and harassment for too long.

There is one thread that is 4 years old that discusses things you posted publically on the internet (a/k/a the WORLD WIDE WEB).  Most of this thread isn't even about you specifically, it's about how "conservative" has changed over the last decade or so.

Discussing things you post in public on the internet is, in no way, stalking or harassment.  The last post on this thread until you resurrected it was 3 years ago.

I have requested from FreeJinger to have your real names for my lawsuit.

Even if we had access to real names, we would not honor this request without a subpoena per our Terms of Use.  However, we don't have any real names.  You registered for an account here and there was no requirement to give us anything identifying your real name.  You chose to register with your real name, presumably because you wanted us to know who you were.

This is my official request that you remove this 'theme' asap, along with any other slanderous material that you have written.

This is called a thread.  Also it would be libel, but it's not.  Also we don't delete threads/posts here, once again per our ToS and Guidelines (a/k/a Rules).

Ignore my request and I will have no other choice than to see you in court

I'm not ignoring your request, as you can tell by my responding to you.  However, your request has no legal basis and again, per our ToS (which you might want to read) we don't delete threads/posts and we don't provide any information about our users unless we are officially requested by law enforcement or subpoena.

If it were me, I'd save my money because we don't have any real life user information like real names, so that can't be supplied even if we did receive a subpoena.

• 1 month later...

I've done my best.  This was a courtesy request.  You are very ignorant about both defamation and the law.  Your pride, stubbornness and hatred will lead to expensive legal fees for you.  And of course I can get every name on here via defamation legal services.  Your IP addresses identify you perfectly.   Google it, people.  Nevertheless, the lawsuit will focus primarily on FreeJinger.   This isn't about trying to give you a hard time or to prove a point.  It is about getting my rights.  And you may not defame an PRIVATE individual like you are doing.  That's just the law.  I wouldn't do it to you.  The next letter is from my lawyer.  If individuals on here would like to be served papers too, then continue pushing me.  You won't like spending $700/hr to defend yourself in court.  I've been there, done that.  It's pretty ugly.  And guess what?  If you fail to show up, I win automatically.  That is also the law.  So, unless you want to owe me a whole lot of money, I would suggest you obey the law and knock it off.  Thank you.

I've already detailed why we won't be removing any content from this thread.  I am not going to keep going over it.

"against the law"

Yeah curious, don't you know that when someone says they have a lawyer, whatever they say is the law?

word.jpg

Archived