IGNORED

Funny Kmart Joe Boxer commercial offends fundies [Merged]

ADoyle90815

The thing is, their kids probably don't even think of it like that! We don't really censor what the kids watch. (I tend to draw the line at things like Crank and The Punisher, though when mom's away dad will play.) My kids have seen some crap that would make 1MM probably pass out.

My boys, who are 9 and 5, are convinced the guys have bells attached to their butts. They make no connection to scrotums and bells at all. They are boys, and they do talk about their genitalia nearly constantly. My 9 yo used to talk about his "kiwis" all the time because that's what one of the guys on Total Drama Island, or whatever the hell it's called now, called them. This commercial, that thought didn't even cross his mind. It was just some guys playing bells on their butts. lol

Nice try 1MM....get your thoughts out of the gutter! You're the ones who are defrauding people with your dirty minds!

I just went to the one million moms website for the first time. They have their knickers in a knot about EVERYTHING. Why not just stop your kids from watching TV?

I just went to the one million moms website for the first time. They have their knickers in a knot about EVERYTHING. Why not just stop your kids from watching TV?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol: That's funny!

Wow folks really get offended by this? GET....A....LIFE!

People wear underwear. Men wear boxer shorts. Men dance, some with bells (Morris dancers anybody?)

I just always think that the people who get offended are the ones who are thinking OH MY GOD HE HAS A PENIS UNDER THERE......SEX >>>>>>SEX!!!!! The rest of the normal people get that but put no such perverted spin on men in underwear dancing with bells. Certainly not kids.

They really do not want to live where I do. Some of the adverts they would die of the vapours :lol:

I seriously didn't even think about "balls" after seeing this three or four times. I'm what most people would call a prude but I thought it was a cute commercial. Boxer shorts are pretty common "comfy clothes" and I remember my friends and I getting Christmas boxer shorts to wear under our Catholic school uniform skirts on the last day of school before Christmas break. Everyone loved them!

The commercial made me laugh like a hyena. I wasn't even watching TV, it was just on, when I heard the first notes of handbell music. My head came up (I was expecting to see the Hershey's Kiss handbell ad with the 'brow-wiping' kiss used for the last few year), only to see it was anything but.

I just kept chuckling as I noted the different patterns. Seriously, the boxers with the fur trim seem like a bad, though festive, choice. Under clothes you'd have VBL!

I cracked up laughing at this when it first started showing up in my Facebook feed. However, I'm torn about it, do I find it funny, yes; do I think its appropriate for my 6 year old even though she won't "get it", not totally. I echo the sentiment it would be better if it wasnt shown at Prime Time...anytime after 8p and please show it over and over so I can laugh my head off :)

Archived