IGNORED

Funny Kmart Joe Boxer commercial offends fundies [Merged]

ADoyle90815

Naturally, fundie organizations like the One Million Moms have their underwear in a wad over Kmart's Joe Boxer commercial. Personally, I think the commercial is funny.

_PA3MayY-DM

latimes.com/nation/shareitnow/la-sh-kmart-jingle-bells-commercial-20131120,0,2302941.story#axzz2lExSPlqz

I think it's brilliant. Do fundies ever laugh, or does everything have to be so serious and holier than thou?

I think it's brilliant. Do fundies ever laugh, or does everything have to be so serious and holier than thou?

Do they laugh?

Well, let me see --

JimBob Duggar laughs at other people's cultures and whenever he makes a lame joke about trying to produce more children.

Michele Duggar seems to laugh at nothing.

Michael Pearl laughs about whipping children, mocking mothers, and when detractors express concern that his book led to the death of children.

Steven Anderson laughs when he thinks he's pulled a brilliant joke on the border patrol.

Steve Maxwell -- nah, never.

Dougie probably used to laugh, but I doubt he is at the moment.

My Mom told me about this commercial and the fuss over it. She likes it. :D

Do they laugh?

Well, let me see --

JimBob Duggar laughs at other people's cultures and whenever he makes a lame joke about trying to produce more children.

Michele Duggar seems to laugh at nothing.

Michael Pearl laughs about whipping children, mocking mothers, and when detractors express concern that his book led to the death of children.

Steven Anderson laughs when he thinks he's pulled a brilliant joke on the border patrol.

Steve Maxwell -- nah, never.

Dougie probably used to laugh, but I doubt he is at the moment.

My Mom told me about this commercial and the fuss over it. She likes it. :D

Thanks Thoughtful, I agree that Steve Maxwell never laughs, but never thought of the twisted ways the other fundies get their jollies.

One Million Moms is like my poster-child group for "people who must have no real problems in their lives." They went after Mr. Zesty too, didn't they?

I saw the commercial for the first time on TV tonight and thought it was awesome. Clearly, my soul is Hell-bound.

I first saw that ad tonight. I thought, "Wow, the Million Moms are going to hate that ad!" My husband said, "Why, do they hate jingle balls?"

Heh. Yeah. Didn't they also get mad at Kmart over the "Ship my pants" ads earlier in the year?

(I'm going to be the odd one out).

I'm not fundie, but I just saw that commercial last night, and I find it in poor taste. It would be one thing if it were only seen by adults, but it was definitely in prime time viewing last night, and I honestly don't care for my 2 1/2 year old grandchild to see it, imitate it, or to need to come up with an explanation for a 2 year old.

Sorry, but that's just my take on it.

I thought it was funny. The (not) One Million Moms have no sense of humor. But I'll give them a pass on that, since I don't think humor was programmed into them in Stepford. It's sad for them really.

I saw the end of said commercial because I wanted to know what my hubs and son were chuckling about. As soon as I saw it, I told them to remember it because it will probably be pulled due to complaints from the religious. It was 8:09 p.m. and Wednesday nights prime time spot. I just knew there was gonna be fallout. Lol.

My 10 year old doesn't get what's really going on in the commercial--she thinks they're all shaking their butts, which she finds hilarious.

The 40 Thousand Moms would curl up and die if they didn't have something to be offended about.

(I'm going to be the odd one out).

I'm not fundie, but I just saw that commercial last night, and I find it in poor taste. It would be one thing if it were only seen by adults, but it was definitely in prime time viewing last night, and I honestly don't care for my 2 1/2 year old grandchild to see it, imitate it, or to need to come up with an explanation for a 2 year old.

Sorry, but that's just my take on it.

I kind of feel the same way, although I don't have small children or grandchildren. I just thought it was tacky (and no, I'm not a fundie, and yes, I DO have a sense of humour! :) ). But part of that might be my intense dislike for K Mart at the moment because they're opening at six a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Not to mention that they were the first major retailer to air a Christmas commercial--way back in September. :angry-banghead:

I love Christmas, I really do. But not before Thanksgiving. :naughty: :lol:

That commercial was on last night and my three school aged girl children stopped dead in their tracks to watch it. I thought it was funny. They thought it was funny- but didn't quite understand what was going on ("balls" jokes go over their heads, we're a very female household).

That commercial was on last night and my three school aged girl children stopped dead in their tracks to watch it. I thought it was funny. They thought it was funny- but didn't quite understand what was going on ("balls" jokes go over their heads, we're a very female household).

That's my take too, that kids who are too young to get it would probably just think they were shaking their bottoms (as a pp said above) or littler kids might just think they were dancing. I mean, I know I was a naive kid, but I just can't find anything inappropriate about this. There's nothing sexual implied, just anatomical and punny.

It's a ball joke? Apparently that went over my head, too. :lol:

All OMM really does is bring more attention to whatever they're currently outraged over.

Oh, the horror!

9PVhIMr4ScI

onemillionmoms.com/issues/kmart-continues-to-cross-the-line

The title of the current ad is "Show Your Joe," and Kmart includes sexual content during a Christmas hand bell choir performance. The commercial focuses on several men wearing Joe Boxer underwear thrusting in a sexualized way to the tune of Jingle Bells. They start gyrating and shaking themselves instead of the hand bells, intending to make their "bells" ring in song - which is highly inappropriate.

This commercial is airing during primetime, even during Christmas movies on family networks such as the Hallmark Channel, which families will likely watch together. Kmart should be more responsible in their marketing decisions. Let them know that as a parent and a consumer you are disgusted by their recent marketing choices.

OH NO!

I cannot summarize the lunacy of their objection anymore than huffpo did so I will quote:

huffingtonpost.com/domenick-scudera/one-millions-moms-kmart-show-your-joe_b_4311952.html

This is some of One Million Moms' deductive reasoning:

Christmas + Hallmark Channel + family = wholesome

Handsome hunks + boxer Shorts > the line

Bells + balls = inappropriate

2013 = 1956

So, shield your kids from "the christmas story" this season because you may be defrauded by some men ringing bells in an unconventional sense. I wonder what happens when a victoria's secret commercial comes on... does smoke come out of their ears?

"They start gyrating and shaking themselves instead of the hand bells, intending to make their 'bells' ring in song"

I love it when uptight conservative groups like One Million Moms attempt to describe something they think is inappropriate.

Archived