IGNORED

Walmart tries to help its employees.

Lillybee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since some of the workers who will donate will buy their food a Walmart, this is a win-win situation for Walmart.

Or they could just, y'know, pay their employees enough to buy their own Thanksgiving meal. :?

Oh wait, that would make sense. Never mind.

ETA: This reminds me of the McDonald's helpline giving advice to their workers on how to apply for government benefits. So I'm just gonna leave this here: http://lowpayisnotok.org/

I'll go you one better, Samurai. If Walmart gave a damn, they could pay their employees an actual wage that would make this unnecessary.

ETA Lainey, I had to let you know that I have liked your post.

This is nothing but publicity stunt. Wallmat never as and never will care about their employees.

I'll go you one better, Samurai. If Walmart gave a damn, they could pay their employees an actual wage that would make this unnecessary.

ETA Lainey, I had to let you know that I have liked your post.

Why thank you, kind soul. I have liked your post in return. Especially since you basically said what I said! :mrgreen:

The irony that they are seeking charity for their employees to actually EAT is mind boggling!

Wal Mart could afford to give holiday basket to all the hourly employees.

Whoa, whoa, lets not be too hasty here! If they paid a living wage, they might have to make slightly less exorbitant profits, and that's crazy!

Wal Mart could afford to give holiday basket to all the hourly employees.

they could give them all 5000 and it would not make a difference to them and would increase business.

Whoa, whoa, lets not be too hasty here! If they paid a living wage, they might have to make slightly less exorbitant profits, and that's crazy!

:doh: What was I thinking? I was talking crazy talk :doh:

I have liked your post responding to my post :D

ETA Curious made me write this. She's my "soul owner". :cracking-up: <---needed jazz hands for emphasis

Hm... is this a nice gesture or a dick move? Not sure

Sam Walton's children are all billionaires. If they raised the hourly wage to the degree that their employees could earn enough to live on, their losses would be only marginal at best. Their employees wouldn't need government benefits to pay for the bare essentials.

I'm gonna go with dick move.

Hm... is this a nice gesture or a dick move? Not sure

Is it bad that in my head, I envision this as a meme with Philip J. Fry? Or just a sign of the times? :?

70xesw.jpg

I'm also gonna go with dick move.

I generally don't pay attention to commercials, but this one caught my eye. Makes me want to work for walmart /not pKID1FRFPKc

Transcript (because I thought I wouldn't find the video):

-I have a 401k retirement plan.

-I started part time. Now I’m a manager.

-My employer matches my charitable giving. Really. (Fine print: eligible charities only)

-I get bonuses, even working part time. (Fine print: Quarterly bonuses based on store performance for eligible associates.)

-Where I work, over 400 people are promoted every day. (Fine print: Average daily promotions)

-Health care starting under $40 a month

-I got education benefits

There’s more to Walmart than you think.

Opportunity. That’s the real Walmart.

I refuse to shop at Walmart. I have spent less than $50.00 there in 15 years. (and I spend quite a bit of money) The last time I shopped there was 5+ years ago. We were visiting family out of state and it was the only store in forever that we could shop at. We actually spent 45 minutes trying to find an alternative place to shop.

I am not cheap, but I really hated giving them any business.

I feel fine after a trip to Costco!

I'm interested, if you feel like sharing. :)

I'd love to see Wal-Mart do something good for its employees, such as give out gift cards to the ones who need help right now for the holidays.

I can't hate on Wal-Mart sorry. They pay their cashiers and floor associates much better hourly wages than most other companies. Yeah, they could be doing better, but they still pay more than most. Why hate solely on Wal-Mart when so many other places pay so much less barely reaching the minimum wage at all ans only because it's the law or they wouldn't even pay half that much.

Archived