IGNORED

Rob Ford's Toronto,

tropaka

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Another day, another video of the mayor saying something incoherent while drunk.

there

Here's the funny thing, though. I was listening to Letterman do his top ten list about this, and he starts off by talking about the lovely city of Toronto, right by the lake....and I think, "you can't buy that kind of tourist advertising". That might be part of the appeal (and yes, he still has appeal - the latest stuff hasn't affected his ratings and he may still be a contender for re-election). Canada tends to be like the quiet younger sibling (the United States would be the big bro) who is desperate for someone, everyone to notice them and give a bit of attention. So now, LOTS of people all over the world are hearing about Toronto, and hosts tend to say nice things about it right as they wonder how we put up with this.

I've found in my travels that the minute I mention I'm from Canada, someone is going to bring up "your crazy mayor". Russia, Israel, tourists from all over the world, it doesn't matter. It used to be moose and Bieber (talk about another disaster), now it's Ford. Sigh. We tried.

Kinda fun that every outlet reviewed Steak Queen after the latest drunken rant (no surprise - okay food with cheap beer almost 24/7). God, I wish someone would kidnap Ford and whisk him off to a rehab; his kids are cute little things and don't deserve all this crap.

Archived