IGNORED

Rob Ford's Toronto,

tropaka

I can't even begin to sum this up but Jon Stewart does a good job

http://metronews.ca/scene/844928/jon-st ... -rob-ford/

not breaking because it's a news source. Should note of the gang members pictured with Ford, at least one has been arrested and one has been murdered. Oh, and it was taken in front of a trap (crack) house which, from some docs released on his former friend/drivers warrants (for trying to extort the crack video from drug dealers, obviously on Ford's behalf), the mayor may have paid the bills on. Oh, and last week Ford wanted to fire a rec employee who was pictured napping at his desk, but he won't resign....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lordy. :embarrassed: :cray-cray:

That's hilarious that he called into a radio show pretending to be someone else.

A man who obviously has some demons hiding since he admits to having an alcohol problem, has used crack and is overweight. Maybe some compassion is what he needs. That is after he leaves office.

It's just a horrible, horrible train wreck. Even I couldn't have imagined how bad it was going to be. Just for the record, I didn't vote for him either!

No one in Toronto admits to voting for him. No one.

Everyone in Russia is very entertained by the adventures of Toronto Mayor Extraordinaire. One of my colleagues actually said to me, "Wait, one of your people did something BAD?!"

I'm personally enjoying this farce. I wonder if they keep him around just for the comedy.

So the excuse was that crack smoking was something he did "in one of my drunken stupors".

I'd snark, but how do you beat this guy's own words?

OTOH, I'm feeling pretty good these days about living in Vaughan.

So the excuse was that crack smoking was something he did "in one of my drunken stupors".

OTOH, I'm feeling pretty good these days about living in Vaughan.

I heard that (all the way down under) and thought, oh well that's understandable (ish). Thinking he meant in his misspent youth. He was talking LAST YEAR! And he wont stand down? Tool! Hope he gets arrested.

Vaughan - "The City Above Toronto"!

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/s ... demic.html

Ford needs to go.

4 years ago, Toronto Life magazine was busy blasting Vaughan for dysfunctional politics, and adding in plenty of jabs about tacky suburbs and Italians.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... 0276,d.cGE

So yes, we are now getting to laugh back at Toronto. Last I checked, Rob Ford is not an Italian name, and our new Mayor Bevilacqua was doing a fine job on city council, so the whole "let's look down at those corrupt Italians in the burbs" ethnic bashing can stop.

Right!? And next time, he'll get soused at home and not in public. :doh:

This just got worse a few hours ago - a video of a very intoxicated Ford has come out where he's threatening someone (I'm guessing he's ranting about journalists or political opponents). Ford has said he was "inebriated" but he looks high to me:

thestar.com

Ever wonder what an enabler looks like? Meet Ford's mom and sister:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11 ... en_up.html

That's right - they see no need for him to take a break to go to rehab. He's not an addict. Hate to break it to them that alcoholism is an addiction too. If your excuse for smoking crack is that it was during one of your drunker stupors, and if there's proof that you are a very nasty drunk, and if you can't stop yourself from getting really drunk and making an ass of yourself even though you are the mayor and need to handle tons of functions and duties - you have a problem.

Even his allies are suggesting that he get help. Ford Nation would be willing to give him a second chance, but that can't happen if he's dead.

The latest drunken (or coke focused) video, IMO, was unneeded. We knew this guy had a problem and no one greeted this stuff with as much glee as me, but now it's time to cool it unless (untill?) criminal extortion etc charges come down. We had some added humour with an illegal and misspelled billboard in Ford's support on a major highway. I oppose this guy politically on every point but I think we should give him a few days to dry out. I hope his wife is less enabling than the rest of his family. (Just so you know, his sister Kathy had one ex kill another, and then her latest boyfriend broke into the Mayor's house looking for cash, and then in jail he was beat up for being against the Mayor)/

All that said, I wish Ford Nation would gather its marbles...these people are deluded.

The Toronto Sun is the paper that had previously supported Ford. It's not the liberal Toronto Star. It's the paper that hated the previous mayor, and loved the whole "stop the gravy train" message that Ford had. Having the Sun turn on Ford shows that he's lost a key power base.

Goodness, and here I thought Ralph Klein's behaviour was embarrassing, back in the day. This is nuts.

OMG - just heard live coverage of Ford talking to the press. He denied giving oral sex to some woman, and said that he gets enough "p" at home. I sat up stunned, and the reporter was in complete shock saying "I don't think we can repeat those words on air".

Wha? Who did he say this to? I've been avoiding the tv this am. This gets worse and worse. Word was yesterday that his wife left the house with the kids and her mother, which I hope is true.

Archived